1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

FanFic: Penguin With A Dream

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Princeton, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

All right, I'm gonna try doing a longer fanfic this time. This is a completely original idea straight from the noggin of Brian.

*Dedicated to ReneeLouvier whose heartwrenching style of writing inspired this story and to redBoobergurl whose love of penguins also inspired this story*

Part I

A great world traveler named Chamberlain Harrison decided one day to charter a trip to Alaska. He hopped aboard his private jet with nothing in his backpack except a flare gun, a picture of his summer home, a Best Of Chubby Checker CD, and a two hundred and fifty year old bottle of his best brandy. He was ready to charter any storm, any adventure, any curveball Mother Nature deemed necessary to hurl his way.

Chamberlain landed his jet atop the highest mountain and he no sooner got out when he strapped his backpack to his back and careened down, down, down, (a frightening thousand feet, to be exact) until he landed on his feet.

Or so he thought.

Before he knew it, he fell through the ice and felt what can only be described as... well, having fallen in ice, he couldn't feel anything. All he remembered was waking up in a cave made of ice with a blanket around him. "How" he thought to himself, "did I get here? And how did I get covered up?" Perplexed, he got up and walked to the cave's entrance. He couldn't find anything to clue him in. The only thing he could see was a series of tiny prints etched from the entrance to the place where he woke up.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Intrigued... Tell me more please.
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh Brian, this is a great start and it's so sweet of you to dedicate it to me knowing how I love penguins! Anyway, I just have to know what happens next, please keep going!
  4. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Ah, sounds like you're off to a fine start. Can't wait to see where you take it from here!
    :zany:
  5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I'll do a little more later on today, so just keep on being patient, y'all!:excited: :excited:
  6. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Part II

Still puzzled by how he got to the cave, Chamberlain grabbed his backpack and followed the tracks out of the cave and walked to wherever they led. He noticed the tracks were small and birdlike- yes, it was definitely a bird! Although, it did seem a bit strange to Chamberlain that the bird's tracks were on the ground, but no matter- he'd find out eventually. As it turned out, he hadn't really been walking very far (maybe a mile and a half), when he reached a cabin. Intrigued, he walked up the steps and knocked on the door.

It was answered by a female... well, Chamberlain couldn't quite figure out what this woman was, exactly. She wasn't a human, that was for sure. she looked like a creature that Chamberlain had never seen before, which, for a renowned world traveler like himself, was very strange indeed. She was lavender in color, except for a shaggy mop hair that, colorwise, could only be described as a combination of aquamarine and sea foam green; actually, it was streaked throughout with both of those colors. Could she have been a hippie at some point? Probably not, Chamberlain gathered; she was much to young to have been at Woodstock. Her clothing style was simple, in every sense of the word. She wore only a tattered olive green robe and a thin leather necklace with a pop top from a soda can around it. An unusual item to wear as a necklace, but that just made her all the more interesting. So many questions raced through Chamberlain's head. Who was she, what was she, and where did she come from?
  7. The Count

Yaey! Oh, marvelous to find that character Chamberlain met. Though isn't it a red metal radish that usually hangs from that necklace of hers?
    More please!
  8. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

9. The Count

Thanks Brian... Though pics do very little for me, blind batty eyes you know.
    But if you found it on Muppet Wiki, then I'll deffer to their vast knowledge vaults. Just remember her wearing a sort of radish pendant in the animated series.
  10. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

It's actually neighter you guys! It's not a gold ring, nor is it a red metal radish either. It's a pop-top from a soda can. XD
  11. The Count

Ah... OK then. Like I said, just going by what I remembered from the animated series. Thanks for clearing it up though cuz.

Glad to see you in the fanfic section again Sara. LMK if you need to talk about new stuff, or update us as to what's going on with Sadie's Stories.
    *Hugs. And you might want to check in on the RHLC's HQ. The Muppeteers set up a bake sale with all sorts of goodies.
  12. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Thank you for clearing up the necklace detail, Sara. I rewrote it slightly, as is follows: "She wore only a tattered olive green robe and a thin leather necklace with a pop top from a soda can around it. An unusual item to wear as a necklace, but that just made her all the more interesting. So many questions raced through Chamberlain's head."
  13. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Your welcome, Brian! I have read it and it's pretty awesome!!! I like the character of Chamberlain, nice characterazation. And the inclusion of Mokey in such a wintery place is something quite new. Can't wait to read more of it!
  14. The Count

Agreed. Sounds better and all the more intriguing. Post more please!
  15. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Chamberlain is, in my mind, a good guy version of Clayton from Disney's "Tarzan". Also, I was trying to not be too blatent about who answered the door, but I'm just glad I was clear enough in my description. I'm only sorry I haven't been very diligent with this story; now that I'm in college I only have so much time, so to everyone reading this story, I say "Hang in there!":zany:
  16. redBoobergurl

This is awesome Brian! I like the inclusion of Mokey! Can't wait to see where it goes next!
  17. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Part III (Just bear with me on this part)

"May I help you, sir?" the creature said.

"As a matter of fact, yes" replied Chamberlain. "But first, introductions. Us Brits like to keep things proper. Chamberlain Harrison, delighted to meet you, Miss..."

"Oh, I'm sorry" the creature said with a giggle. "My name's Mokey; would you like to come in?"

"I'd like that very much" Chamberlain said with a smile. Mokey led him to the kitchen and he sat his backpack down.

"So, what brings you to Alaska?" Mokey asked.

"Oh, well, I like to travel, though I must say I've never been partial to cold climates. Too many broken igs, you know. Anyway, I was sitting in my summer home with nothing to do. You see, the children were gone, my wife passed on, and to top it all off, I had to discharge the butler! Oh, I was in a terrible rut, but then one day, it came to me: go to Alaska! I don't know why I chose Alaska; it just came to me. It seemed to be a good idea at the time, but so far it's been nothing but one big debacle after another!"

"Really? What happened?" asked Mokey, intrigued.

"Well, I landed my jet on top of a mountain and jumped off. Normally I land on my feet, but in a world of ice, you can never be sure. I then fell through the ice and woke up in a cave with a blanket over me. While I appreciate it and all, I'm still a little perplexed as to how it got there." said Chamberlain. Just then, a loud voice boomed form the upper level.

"Mokey?! Who's in my house? I'll tell you one more ytime and one more time only, if you're seeing someone else, you need to tell me so I can inform the morgue of their new arrival, you trollop!" the voice said.

"Who was that?" asked Chamberlain.

"There's no time to explain. Do you want to come with me? It's all right with me; anywhere's better than here. Just give me a few minutes to pack" said Mokey.
  18. The Count

Mmmmm... Curioser and curioser. Deep booming voice, calling her a trollip? Very interested in where this goes next. More please!
  19. redBoobergurl

Ooh, who is Mokey staying with that is so mean? Chamberlain seems like an interesting character. I like the line about having to "discharge the butler" is that a reference to the scene with the British couple in GMC when she says "the children are gone, the pets are dead, the butler's been discharged"?
  20. The Count

Hmmm... Didn't catch that reference. Good eye Beth.