FanFic: Penguin With A Dream

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... OK then. Like I said, just going by what I remembered from the animated series. Thanks for clearing it up though cuz.

Glad to see you in the fanfic section again Sara. LMK if you need to talk about new stuff, or update us as to what's going on with Sadie's Stories.
*Hugs. And you might want to check in on the RHLC's HQ. The Muppeteers set up a bake sale with all sorts of goodies.

Princeton

Reaction score
Thank you for clearing up the necklace detail, Sara. I rewrote it slightly, as is follows: "She wore only a tattered olive green robe and a thin leather necklace with a pop top from a soda can around it. An unusual item to wear as a necklace, but that just made her all the more interesting. So many questions raced through Chamberlain's head."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Your welcome, Brian! I have read it and it's pretty awesome!!! I like the character of Chamberlain, nice characterazation. And the inclusion of Mokey in such a wintery place is something quite new. Can't wait to read more of it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Sounds better and all the more intriguing. Post more please!

Princeton

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I like the character of Chamberlain, nice characterazation. And the inclusion of Mokey in such a wintery place is something quite new.
Chamberlain is, in my mind, a good guy version of Clayton from Disney's "Tarzan". Also, I was trying to not be too blatent about who answered the door, but I'm just glad I was clear enough in my description. I'm only sorry I haven't been very diligent with this story; now that I'm in college I only have so much time, so to everyone reading this story, I say "Hang in there!":zany:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is awesome Brian! I like the inclusion of Mokey! Can't wait to see where it goes next!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part III (Just bear with me on this part)

"May I help you, sir?" the creature said.

"As a matter of fact, yes" replied Chamberlain. "But first, introductions. Us Brits like to keep things proper. Chamberlain Harrison, delighted to meet you, Miss..."

"Oh, I'm sorry" the creature said with a giggle. "My name's Mokey; would you like to come in?"

"I'd like that very much" Chamberlain said with a smile. Mokey led him to the kitchen and he sat his backpack down.

"So, what brings you to Alaska?" Mokey asked.

"Oh, well, I like to travel, though I must say I've never been partial to cold climates. Too many broken igs, you know. Anyway, I was sitting in my summer home with nothing to do. You see, the children were gone, my wife passed on, and to top it all off, I had to discharge the butler! Oh, I was in a terrible rut, but then one day, it came to me: go to Alaska! I don't know why I chose Alaska; it just came to me. It seemed to be a good idea at the time, but so far it's been nothing but one big debacle after another!"

"Really? What happened?" asked Mokey, intrigued.

"Well, I landed my jet on top of a mountain and jumped off. Normally I land on my feet, but in a world of ice, you can never be sure. I then fell through the ice and woke up in a cave with a blanket over me. While I appreciate it and all, I'm still a little perplexed as to how it got there." said Chamberlain. Just then, a loud voice boomed form the upper level.

"Mokey?! Who's in my house? I'll tell you one more ytime and one more time only, if you're seeing someone else, you need to tell me so I can inform the morgue of their new arrival, you trollop!" the voice said.

"Who was that?" asked Chamberlain.

"There's no time to explain. Do you want to come with me? It's all right with me; anywhere's better than here. Just give me a few minutes to pack" said Mokey.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmmmm... Curioser and curioser. Deep booming voice, calling her a trollip? Very interested in where this goes next. More please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, who is Mokey staying with that is so mean? Chamberlain seems like an interesting character. I like the line about having to "discharge the butler" is that a reference to the scene with the British couple in GMC when she says "the children are gone, the pets are dead, the butler's been discharged"?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Didn't catch that reference. Good eye Beth.