FanFic: The Bonds of Family

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Ten

Kermit was limp, in Piggy's arms. She was wailing that he was dead, sobbing over his cold body. Fozzie took off his hat, and looked down at Beth, who was dug tight into his fur. He gave her a hug, and she started sobbing as well. Gonzo turned away from them for a moment, he never really liked to have anyone see him cry. He saw some movement through the bushes, and he looked up, wiping his eyes.

Scooter was stumbling through the underbrush, picking his way carefully. He had fallen twice already, and he thought his left wrist might have been broken on that last spill that he took. He heard the sobbing and wailing, and made his way towards it. He could only rely on sound, as he was pretty much blind from the double vision which still plagued him, and having no glasses never helped at all.

Gonzo rushed over to Scooter's side, and gently grabbed his right arm, balancing him.

"Who...who is this?!" Scooter exclaimed, as he tried to focus on the thing that had his arm. He could see it was blue, but couldnt' make out the details.

"It's just me, Scooter. Gonzo." Gonzo stated simply, as he led Scooter nearer to the throng of frogs that stayed in their circle around Piggy and Kermit.

"What's happened, Gonzo....did everything go well??" He asked, as Gonzo brought him to the front of the group now. For what Scooter could see, he recoginized Piggy's large form, her purple sequined shirt reflected off the noonday sun like a glittering jewel now. He saw the green in her arms...he realized that was Kermit.

He let go of Gonzo's arm, and stumbled forward, kneeling down on the soft ground in front of them. Piggy was sniffling then, softly stroking Kermit's head.

"Piggy...." It was all Scooter could manage to say, before she turned on him, blue fire blazing in her eyes.

"WHERE WERE YOU!?! You were supposed to be HELPING US, you stupid GOFER!!" She lashed out at him, anger quite evident in her voice. If it wasn't for her beloved Kermie in her arms, she would have drop-kicked him right then and there.

He leaned back a little bit, feeling quite hurt for what she had said to him. He looked down, and closed his eyes. "I..I'm sorry, Miss Piggy. I couldn't help it..." He mumbled, he felt responsible somehow now.

"You couldn't help it...." Piggy said with a sneer. She gently laid Kermit on the ground after giving him another quick kiss on his cheek, then turned to Scooter. In her pain and anguish, she never realized Scooter was badly hurt as well. "...you couldn't help it....I can't BELIEVE YOU!! We needed extra help...and YOU'RE OFF DOING GOD KNOWS WHAT!!!"

She stood up, and picked up the gofer by his jacket, and wanted to hurl him across the swamp. Normally she wasn't this angry, but what had happened just pushed her over the edge into a blind rage. She didn't care who she hurt or stepped on just then....she wanted revenge against Kermit, and she chose Scooter as her target.

She was about to just punch him square across his face, when she stopped. Dead cold stopped. Her expression turned from blind rage....to pity. Scooter was openly crying in her hand, himself lifted nearly 4 inches off of the ground now. He was hurting so badly, and her screaming at him did not help it anymore. He just broke down, sobbing.

"I...I'm sorry...Miss Pig--Piggy....I just....something came at me...and it dragged me....away from the car....I was going to...help....but...but..." He kept stammering on, until Piggy set him down on the ground. She saw him curl up tightly, still crying. And she just stood there, looking down at him.

Sara walked slowly over to Kermit, and she sat on Kermit's chest, looking at him. He was laid on the ground, with his mouth closed, leaning towards his chest. She gently snuggled herself underneath one of his hands, which were folded on his chest in the funeral position. She was still crying, watching her...her hero, who was dead now.

All because of her and her sister, begging for help. It was their...no...her fault. She was the one who begged Beth to go find Kermit for help. She was the one who convinced her big sister to lead her over to Starry Bay, so they could find him.

"I'm sorry, Kermit." She said softly, while hugging his hand. Beth was moving towards her little sister, to pick her up off of Kermits' body, she did not think it was right for her to be there.

--------------

It was dark and it was light. Eternal timelessness and a single second. It was...what it was. And Kermit was trapped within it.

"Where am I?" He asked, to the nothingness that surrounded him. He saw nothing and everything. He wondered if he was dead.

He was dead, he remembered. The last thing he saw was the crane's hook coming down towards his face. He thought he had ducked it, apperently he hadn't.

"You're not ready yet, Kermit." A voice said in the darkness.

"Not ready for what?" He asked it back. "What or who are you?"

"I am your star, Kermit." It replied.

"My...star?" He pondered, looking around him for a glimmer of anything. He saw nothing but the alternating dark and light. White and black. Black and white. It scared him.

"You need not be scared, Kermit. Your friends wish you well, you are not ready yet." It said back.

"But you said...you're my star..." He whispered. Suddenly, in an instant a being of pure white appeared before him. She had the most beautiful face he had ever seen in his life...or death for that matter.

"I am everyone's star. I am the guiding voice for those lost, and I am the lover of all. Your cause is great, Kermit. You are not ready yet." The beautiful being said to him, voice soft as a melody of the sweetest music, the breeze on a summer's day, the lapping of ocean waves....that was her voice.

Kermit got a little perturbed. He wasn't one for riddles at all. "I'm not ready for WHAT!?" He yelled, glaring at the being.

The being's smile dropped, and the light around her cracked like a mirror. He glared down her slender and small nose at him, outright frowning now.

"Beware, Kermit. It is not your time to leave that plane of existance. Stay true to your dreams. For you are loved by all, and they are amiss without your guidence. You are an entertainer, a hero, a lover, and most of all....a son."

With that, Kermit felt himself being sucked through something. He wasn't sure what, and to this day, he still isn't sure, but he would never forget the sweet smile on the womans' face, as he left her presence.

"Stay true to your dreams, Kermit.....making millions of people happy!!" Her voice faded to nothingness, as he was hurled back into his own mind.

--------------

Sara noticed something odd. He was moving. Not much, but his chest was moving softly, up and down. She did not move an inch, but looked back at her sister, who was standing beside Kermit's body.

"He's movin'..." She whispered to Beth, as she looked down at Kermit's face. He opened his eyes softly, and without moving his head, he looked upwards to see why there was pressure on his chest.

"Hi ho there." He barely managed to whisper to her, as he patted Sara softly.

Piggy was still frozen in place, looking down at the crying Scooter. She heard something, almost too soft for a normal human to hear. She thought it was merely her mind playing a cruel trick on her.

'It can't be him...he's dead....dead and gone...I'll never see my beloved frog again!!' Her mind screamed cruelly at her own consiousness.

"P..Piggy?" Kermit asked, slowly sitting up behind her. Fozzie and Gonzo were so excited, they couldn't speak then, so Piggy never heard them at all.

Just that one word. Her name. Spoken by her beloved.

She whirled around, and looked at him, she wanted to speak, but her throat was choked by a sob.

"Piggy...what happened?" He asked her. By then, he had completely forgotten about the lady in white, and his time in that seemingly endless void. He remembered though, what she had said, though to him...it was like a dream playing about in his head.

"Stay true to your dreams, Kermit.....making millions of people happy!!" Those words rang clear in his head, as he looked at Piggy with a look of pure love.

"K...K...Kermie...." She managed to whisper, choking back another sob. She fell to the ground on her knees, and hugged him tightly, nearly smothering him with kisses.

Scooter sat up, and watched them, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket. He felt like he had betrayed them horribly now. He had not been around to help them....and Kermit nearly had died because of it. While the others rushed around Kermit to hug him, the gofer stayed where he was, his back turned to them, trying hard to remember the black clothed man.

And why he did that to him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mucho goodness in these chapters Sara. The most moving part was Kermit's near-death experience. Was that meant to be Life who was speaking to him? And how the gang got back together... With Piggy angry at Scooter, the frogs realizing Kermit was back, Scooter trying to remember the black-clothed man... Rully good work and I hope for more.

Two little nitpicks though.
Piggy wanted revenge "against" Kermit? Or "for" Kermit?
And if it was Life who was talking to Kermit, shouldn't it be "She" looked down her slender nose at him?
Just pointing these out, besides whatever spelling errors you might want to correct later, should this one make it to print form as well.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, that was a great chapter. It gave me chills! Especially the Star telling Kermit it wasn't his time yet. Really powerful. I liked it too when he woke up and said "Hi ho there", that part made me smile. Great job, keep it coming.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Two little nitpicks though.
Piggy wanted revenge "against" Kermit? Or "for" Kermit?
And if it was Life who was talking to Kermit, shouldn't it be "She" looked down her slender nose at him?
Just pointing these out, besides whatever spelling errors you might want to correct later, should this one make it to print form as well.
Thank you. That is what happens when I write a midnight after college. XD Suprised there isn't more wrong with it.

And you are right, Ed. I'll not fix it here, because I don't feel like reposting that one chapter, but I'll fix it in the wordpad edition. Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... There are a few other little things here and there, but I figure you'll catch it when going over corrections for a final version.
"S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E-D" it's getting posted that late a time, but so long as you're doing OK, that's the important thing.
Look forward to more when ready.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Interesting way to correct me. :wink: Yes, I always misspell that word. Yeah.....my minds in a bit of a fog today. Got a horrendous sinus infection impending. I can feel it in my head. I hate 'em. So...there may or may not be story today, depending on how unfoggied my mind becomes. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That's how MuppetDude and I correct spelling for entries for the ML.
Sinus headaches huh? You and Kathy both... Well, just use it as fodder for Scooter's future foibles in the next bit, you've done it so well before...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah...it'll inspire me alright. I just took some Sudafed, no liquor in it, so it shouldn't do anything to me. I can take Dayquil/Nyquil, but I can't take it for too long, cause it could damage my liver and stuff.

I'm starting up my old blog, and I'll post where it is when I get it working. It'll have PICTURES and good stuff like that. So, whenever I get it running, I'll post where it is.

Just hoping the Sudafed kicks in soon. My sinuses are killing me. I feel like Scooter does right now, so I might post another chapter perhaps. Not sure, but yeah, it's coming up.

As always, LOVE LOVE LOVE the good comments you give Ed. Always keeps me on my toes with my writing. Or is it on my fingers? Not sure. XD

*huggles Ed* Love those comments. :wink:

G-MAN

Reaction score
Marvelous story Renee, I just love how you managed to bring Eli Takashi back, and tied it all into Swamp Call as well of course, can't wait for more stoery.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

Eli sat in the trees, watching as the policemen were swarming around Doc Hopper and Max. He laughed, seeing as Max ratted out on Hopper completely.

"I knew the man wouldn't hold his mouth shut....he was like that the first time I met him. Always keeping his mouth open and yapping." He smirked, and lit another cigarette, the smoke curling around his head like the whisps of swamp gas that was curling around the frogs and muppets.

Kermit was shakily walking beside Piggy, who had a firm grip on his arm now, keeping him supported. Gonzo was supporting Scooter, as he walked as well. Fozzie was standing back with the frogs, as Beth and Sara did not want to let go of him.

"You're so soft..Mr. Bear..." Beth said, smiling; as she hugged him tightly. "You have to go now?"

"Yeah, we've got to get back to Manhattan, so we can get our movie done, Beth." He said softly, as he hugged both her and Sara.

"Thank you so much for watching over our children, Kermit." Annette said to him, as he was now sitting down on a log in the main area around the swamp.

"Your welcome, Mrs. Bullfrog. I'm..glad I could help." Kermit was still a little out of it, going through a near-death experience was something not to be taken lightly.

"Kermie...what happened?" Piggy asked, as she sat beside him on the log. She looked horrible and disheveled, but at that moment, she did not care. She kept one hand on her frog's arm, and her eyes on him.

"I think I died, but I'm not sure....I remember hearing somebody telling me to not give up my dreams...the dream of making millions of people happy." He said, with a softened tone to his voice.

Scooter stayed where he sat, then he stood up, and started to walk towards the jeep, with Gonzo walking beside him. He kept his head low, and his line of sight no where else but towards the jeep.

"Scooter...what happened to you?" Gonzo finally asked, as Scooter was slowly climbing into the backseat of the jeep. Scooter closed his eyes, and tilted himself backwards a little bit in the seat, trying to relax.

"..something attacked me, Gonzo. Something came up behind this jeep, and grabbed from behind." He managed to say. He opened his eyes, and found he was looking upwards into the tree tops. "...it tortured me, Gonzo."

He unzipped his jacket, revealing his wounded stomach, and the large red welt that belied the injection site. Gonzo gasped softly, about to reach forward to touch it, before Scooter grabbed his hand in mid-reach.

"Please...don't touch me...I'm suprised I'm consious right now, and I'm in a lot of pain. Something...like a demon got to me, he attacked me, then he injected....something into me..." He pointed to the welt on his stomach, and he winced a little bit, as he shifted down further into the seat.

Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie made their way back towards the jeep. Piggy was actually carrying Kermit across the swamps waters. Her purple sequined shirt was getting more and more ruined with every step she took, bare foot through those waters. She did this for her love, she didn't care what happened. She stopped mid-swamp, and tapped forward with one foot. She felt it drop off into the main waters. She knew she would have to swim then.

"Kermie, can you swim?" She asked him, looking down at her love in her arms.

"I'm not sure Piggy." He still felt very weak from what happened before. She nodded, and took a deep breath, as he did as well, and she dove underneath the water, swimming for the shore ahead.

Her feet touched bottom, only a few moments afterwards, and she lifted Kermit topside of the water, and set him on the shore. Then she herself rose from the swamps murky, ice cold depths, and pulled herself up beside him. She coughed a few times, and then she smiled at him.

"Are you okay, Kermie?" She asked softly, looking down at the frog of her dreams. He nodded absentmindly, and stood up slowly. She stood up as well, and climbed into the jeep.

Fozzie was still on the other side of the swamp, with little Sara still on him. "I really have to go now." He said. He didn't want to be mean, or brush off quickly. He knew the little frogs liked him a lot. Sara sadly nodded, and climbed down from him.

He looked around, and found a fallen tree, then he walked across the swamps length across that. Piggy saw what he was doing then, and she silently cursed herself for not thinking of it before.

'Ruined a perfectly good shirt going through that swamp...' She thought for only a moment, until Kermit laid a hand on her's. She then smiled, and another thought surfaced.

'What's a shirt, when you've saved your love?' She thought, smiling sweetly.