1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

FanFic: The New Arrival

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ReneeLouvier, May 23, 2006.

1. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

This is another story I'm writing. To pass the time, while I'm (still) waiting for Disney to give me word on my book.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :concern:

2. ReneeLouvier

Prologue

It was really dark and cold when the bus finally stopped in front of a long boardwalk. He wasn't sure if this was the right place or not. It...was too dark. Too desolate.

"Are you sure this is Cape Doom?" The small boy asked the driver, as he stratched his hooked nose softly.

The bus driver sneered slightly, and pointed towards the lighthouse. "Yeah, this is the place. No one's up there though. Been abandoned for awhile now. Just go up that pathway, and you'll be there."

He nodded, and stepped off of the bus; a small backpack on his back. "Thanks!" He replied to him.

"Yeah...whatever bub." He said, and closed the door behind the small blue boy. While driving away, the boy saw a few people staring at him from the backseat.

Pulling back his sleeve, he glanced at his watch. The boy nodded, and made his way up the passage to the lighthouse.

"I hope he's here." He said softly to himself, as he heard the creatures making noise around him.

3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I'm intrigued as to who this boy is Sara. And what this story is to be all about. Please don't keep us in suspense too long.

4. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Great prologue! Of course I already know what this is going to be about....but I'm super excited for it! Bring us more as soon as you can! :)

5. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Great prologue Renee! :excited: Keep up the good work!;)

6. ReneeLouvier

Chapter One

"Mail's here guys!" Scooter yelled, as he set down a huge pack of mail on the table. He quickly backed away, letting all the muppets dive for it.

"Any postcards, guys?" Gonzo asked Kermit, as he shuffled through the mail quickly.

"Hmm....no I don't see any Gonzo. Sorry." He replied, after he had finally finished sorting the mail. "But here's your Insane Weekly."

"Thanks." Gonzo said quietly, as he walked over to the couch. He just set the magazine down without even looking at it. "I wonder why I've not gotten any postcards lately?"

"Maybe your family's just busy or something, Gonzo." Fozzie offered, as he sat down beside Gonzo on the couch. He had a banana in one hand, eating it; and a book of jokes in his other hand. "I mean, I don't talk to Ma all the time. Especially cause we're always doing something around here too."

"It's...it's not like that Fozzie. My family always sends me postcards! They've not missed a single week yet! But...I've not gotten anything from them in 2 weeks!" He said, glaring out the window for a moment.

"Maybe something big happened. I hope they're alright.." The loving bear responded, setting the joke book down for a moment. "Is there anyway for you to contact them?"

Gonzo looked down towards the couch, and frowned. "No. Not that I know of."

"What about those fish people?" Kermit asked, as he stopped by the couch for a moment.

"The Cosmic Fish? I don't know how to contact them!" He retorted, getting frustrated. He saw Rizzo walking by the couch, with a huge plate of bologna balanced in his small hands.

"...my bologna has a first name, it's o-s-c-a-r...my bologna has a last name its...." He looked over at Gonzo for a moment, and stopped his humming, a small frown crossing his features. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Gonzo sighed, and stood up. He didn't answer Rizzo, but instead walked outside and stared up at the early morning sky. Rizzo followed him out there, and sat on a rock in the garden, eating his bologna.

"...why haven't you guys sent me anything yet!" He yelled at the sky. Something felt different to him, but he wasn't sure what it was.

He figured, if yelling didn't work, maybe screaming would. His mind felt weary, and he was worried for his family...no, his people. "TELL ME WHY YOU'VE NOT CONTACTED ME!!!"

------------------------------------------

Clifford walked out onto the backporch, and saw Gonzo asleep on the lawnmower. He had mowed something into the lawn again.

"Aw man...he's gone nuts again. Hey Kerm! Come check out Gonzo, something ain't right with him!" Clifford yelled back into the house. Kermit came outside and sighed.

"Hey...hey Gonzo!" The frog shook the weirdoe's shoulders softly, and Gonzo opened one eye, glancing at his friend. Then he closed it again. "Gonzo...you're not smoking, so you've not been hit by lightning. What is going on out here?" He asked quite softly.

"Something...isn't right, Kermit." He reached into his vest, and pulled out a few of the lastest postcards, and handed them to Kermit. "These are the last few postcards I've gotten from them. It was almost 2 weeks ago, when they sent one. They've never missed a week before! Somethings very wrong!"

Kermit looked over the postcards, and he noticed something strange. They all had very small writing of some sort in the lower left-hand corner. It was too small for the naked eye to see, but it had to be something important.

"Gonzo, do you know what these are?" Kermit asked, pointing to the small areas, that were on all of the postcards he had handed to him.

"No. I figured it was an ink spot.." He suddenly lit up happily. "It could be a secret message!! I'm going to get my magnifying glass!" With that, Gonzo snatched up the postcards from Kermit's flipper, and zoomed inside the house.

"...if he'd shown them to ya eariler, he wouldn't have done that to the lawn, Kerm." Clifford remarked, looking over the mangled lawn. Kermit scrunched his face up, and turned around finally.

"Great...I'll tell him to mow it all down then. At least it'll be level..."

7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Huh? Better get Fleet over to Sara's room and get him to leak the story to me too.

Good start, wondering what'll come next.
    The bus driver saying "Whatever, bub", that a subtle reference to Sean's X-Muppets crossovers?

8. The Count

Hey... That was fast. Really liked the chapter... Scooter: "Mail's here!""
    Gonzo getting worried over the lack of postcards, and mowing the lwan weirdly...
    Rizzo with the bologna...
    Kermit finding the little fine print...

Hope for more soon.

9. ReneeLouvier

Chapter Two

"Where could he be?? Uncle said he would see it and come.." The little boy asked himself, as he sat on a large rock overlooking the sea. He reached into his backpack, and pulled out a bottle of water. He stratched his nose again and frowned. "I wish the air wasn't so dry and salty down here. But...I don't know where else to go."

The sea gave him no answer. Niether did the birds flying in the sky. It was him, on that rock...all alone.

"I miss you Dad..." He said to the unanswering sea, and curled up on the rock to go to sleep in the noonday sun.

---------------------------------------------

"Ah-ha!"

"Ah-ha what, Bunsen? What did you find!?" Gonzo asked excited.

"I found my lucky pen again! Oh isn't that wonderful!" He said. Gonzo's face fell, then he frowned.

"Dr. Honeydew! The postcards! That speck of ink!! What does it all MEAN!!?" He said, nearly jumping the table in worry and excitement.

"Oh! Yes, yes! The postcards! You see, when we put them underneath this high-powered microscope, we see that it says....'Cape Doom'." He stated simply, while looking up at Gonzo.

"Cape Doom! That's where they met me the first time! Something big must be happening!" He was very elated, but his heart sank. "I'd never make it in time...if the last postcard was two weeks ago...they could have come and gone already."

"Perhaps not...you could still try, you know." Bunsen offered, a slight smile on his face.

"But how am I going to get there? We're in Manhattan! That's all the way out in San Fran!!" He said a little angry.

Kermit made his way down the stairs, and he overheard what Gonzo had said. "We could make it a road trip, Gonzo. I mean...that's a really important place wouldn't you think?"

Gonzo agreed, then smiled. "You're a really good pal, Kermit. I don't know anyone else who would...do this for me. Again."

"What are friends for, Gonzo? Come on guys, we're going to Cape Doom!"

---------------------------------------------

The little boy awoke to a bright light, then it went away. It came back again, and he sat up for a moment. He realized it was the lighthouse. Reaching into his backpack again, he pulled out a small envelope. There was a small letter inside, it was originally addressed to Gonzo, but the boy wasn't sure if he'd actually see the blue weirdo or not. He read it to himself, as he had before.

"Dear Little Brother,

This young boy's name is Tanzer. He's asked for you to his Father. He really looks up to you, and he thinks you're quite the cool cat. He loves the daring, and the dangerous. Teach him your ways, and he will grow strong under your care.

As to how this boy could chose you for his Father....when every one of us comes of the age of 30, we aquire children! Weather they be born by mates, or adopted, as you shall be. All of us, raise the children together. But as you are on your own, the boy asked, because he had heard of the tales of your daring acts, for your own family. So, as you have family, we have decided after long deliberation, to allow the boy, Tanzer to come join you as your son. Please, raise him in the loving kindness and fearlessness that you yourself was raised in.

Many thanks,
    Ubergonzo."

"....I hope Daddy makes it..." Tanzer murmured softly, in the waning moonlight. A few teardrops splattered the letter, and he closed it up, folding it back inside the envelope. Wrapping his blanket back around him, he crawled back into the small cave he had found, and slowly dipped into a sweet silence, as sleep overtook the little alien.

10. The Count

Aw... Cute, and a little teary. Again, the bit about how all of Gonzo's race acquire children at 30 years of age... The age at which this happens, another subtle X-Muppets crossover hint?
    Heh... Guess I need to clear out my own cobwebs and make up my mind as to how I wanna proceed with my own stuff. Well, that can keep under wraps for now, got a finals exam tomorrow.

Unless any of you, my forum friends wish to help out...

11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Great beginning! I love this story! I like the explanation of how Gonzo could aquire a child. This is awesome!

12. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Ooh! I like it so far. Really love how you've already made me care about little Tanzer.

Yes! I love it when writers torment me with story!

And the teeny-tiny writing on the corner of the post cards... I can imagine it perfectly. Although that may have something to do with the size of my own handwriting when I'm writing fanfic on a notecard... or a napkin ring...

MORE PLEASE!

13. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't think of anything to say except I love this story! And I want more! Please?

14. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Man, this story is great! Maybe you should post a link to picture of what Tanzer looks like, or at least describe him to us.

15. Fragglemuppet

That's an interesting idea. Do you have a picture in your head of what he looks like? Are all Gonzoids basically the same?

16. ReneeLouvier

Chapter Three

Tanzer stood up and stretched his legs a bit. He yawned, and looked out over the sea for a moment. It was beautiful and peaceful in the early morning sky. The calm, soft lapping of the waves at the shore made him smile. He grabbed his backpack, and decided if his Dad wasn't coming to Cape Doom, he'd just go to him. The young alien was merely 8 years old, still very young for his race. He wore a simple yellow tshirt, with red pants, and black sneakers. Feathery hair adorned his head, which usually came down into his eyes, until he put on his baseball cap. Ubergonzo, his Uncle, had given him these clothes as that was what they had observed all the other races wearing when they first came back to Earth to check up on his Dad.

Yawning yet again, he made his way down the wooded path towards the road again. He was quite short, coming only perhaps to Gonzo's waist when he stood at full height, his nose was normally hooked like his Fathers. Most other noses of his people were twisted in such strange shapes, loop-de-loops, and squared, as well as very twisted and contorted shapes. But his was a nice, simple hook. He stratched it again, and kept walking down the road, hoping to see a car or another bus. He had no money, so all he had to rely on was the caring of others.

------------------------------------

"When are we going to get there, Kermit?" Gonzo asked, keeping his eyes peeled on the road. Kermit, Clifford, Dr. Teeth, Fozzie, and Gonzo all took turns driving the bus. They drove almost non-stop.

"For the last time, I don't know, Gonzo! Check the map!" Kermit yelled, gripping the steering wheel tightly. His poor flippers were aching, and he wished they could have found a hotel or something to sleep in. Gonzo had elected to take night driving so everyone could sleep while he drove. He didn't want to stop for anything, except for food and when nature called. Something in his heart told him he couldn't stop.

"You blue weirdo, you're going to kill us if you keep this up!" Miss Piggy retorted loudly at Gonzo. She was a sight for sore eyes. Her hair was a mess, and she was wearing next to no makeup. She has woken up after she slid out of the bus seat when Kermit hit a pothole on the road.

"Come on, greenstuff. I'll take over." Dr. Teeth offered, when he noticed Kermit was about to hit yet another pothole in the road. Kermit slowly pulled over, and got out of the driver's seat, and shook his head. "Right...let's get this going again!" He stated easily, as he sat down and started the bus up again.

"Next stop, FOOD!" Rizzo yelled, as he saw the restaurants coming up on the road. "Yes, pancakes, waffles, soup, salad....yummy!"

"How can you think about food, Rizzo?" Gonzo asked incredously, as he stared at his buddy.

"I'm starving, Gonzo!" He snapped, then he did a double take. "Waitaminute! Waitaminute!!" Rizzo paused for a moment, and got a worried expression on his face. "When was the last time you ate, Gonzo?"

Gonzo paused for a moment. He really had to remember the last time he ate was...about three days ago. "Three days ago. I had a sardine and peanut butter sandwich on rye bread, and garlic-trout ice cream."

Rizzo shuddered at the thought of that food, but he still worried for his friend. "You've not eaten in three days? That's not healthy you know. Come on, you're eating something when we stop." Rizzo stood up as the bus pulled to a stop, and he tugged on Gonzo's pantsleg.

"Rizzo...I'm just not hungry! We've...we've gotta get going to Cape Doom!" Gonzo turned away from Rizzo and started to walk towards the bus again. Rizzo pulled him down close to him, and slapped his face.

"Come on, Gonz!! Snap out of this one-track train you're on!! They're bound to stay if they do come! You yourself should know that!!" Rizzo glared at him, then smiled softly. "Let's at least get something to eat, get something in you. Then we'll get right back on the road, right guys?"

"Yeah...right, get going again." Everyone seemed to murmur, as they filed into the restraurant slowly.

Rizzo stopped for a moment, pointing up to the sign on the outer wall. "Nessa's Home Cookin'....sounds nice dosn't it, Gonzo?" He mused, looking back at Gonzo for a response. All he got was an image of his friend's back, as he stared out towards the direction of the highway. "Let's just go in Gonzo.." Rizzo sighed.

"Please don't leave just yet, guys. I'm coming!" Gonzo said plaintively to the rolling highway, he wondered if his pleading would work. He just hoped they were gone yet.

--------------------------------------------

"...this...is really hard." Tanzer sat down underneath a small tree, and sighed. He was out of water, and almost out of food packets. Gonzo was to have come nearly two weeks ago. Ubergonzo stayed with him for a week, but after that they had to leave him behind. Looking up he saw a highway sign.

"Nessa's Home Cookin' - 3 miles."

"That shouldn't be too bad. Maybe if I ask nicely they'll let me have something! Uncle taught me that manners go far on this planet." Tanzer nodded to himself, and picked up his pack, walking to where the arrow pointed; towards Nessa's.

17. Fragglemuppet

Aww, I loved this chapter! Tanzer is so cute, and I hope they meet up with each other soon! Please update as soon as possible, although I know you have other things to do.
    Forgive me for not posting in your other thread, but when I am too emotional, I usually find it almost impossible to post. It took me long enough to steady myself enough to write this response! So please don't think I'm being rude or ignoring you; just very mad and sad for your sake.

18. The Count

Liking the story so far... So, they're all going to meet up at Ness's? Probably not, would make for too short a story, but then again it's your story Sara. I'm really liking the expressions of concern playing across between Gonzo and Rizzo... And how Tanzor's trying to get to his foster father.

The sandwich Gonzo ate, another X-Muppets crossover reference?
    And you might want to change Gonzo's line when they're outside Ness's to say "he wishes they weren't gone" instead.
    Also... Noticed your sigline's gone.

Really great stuff so far, hope for more soon.

19. ReneeLouvier

The sandwich was another nod/reference to X-Muppets. XD
    And the sigline's gone cause when I post story I take it away intentionally. I think it looks nicer that way. ;)

20. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Very nice! More!