FanFic: The New Arrival

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is another story I'm writing. To pass the time, while I'm (still) waiting for Disney to give me word on my book.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :concern:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Prologue

It was really dark and cold when the bus finally stopped in front of a long boardwalk. He wasn't sure if this was the right place or not. It...was too dark. Too desolate.

"Are you sure this is Cape Doom?" The small boy asked the driver, as he stratched his hooked nose softly.

The bus driver sneered slightly, and pointed towards the lighthouse. "Yeah, this is the place. No one's up there though. Been abandoned for awhile now. Just go up that pathway, and you'll be there."

He nodded, and stepped off of the bus; a small backpack on his back. "Thanks!" He replied to him.

"Yeah...whatever bub." He said, and closed the door behind the small blue boy. While driving away, the boy saw a few people staring at him from the backseat.

Pulling back his sleeve, he glanced at his watch. The boy nodded, and made his way up the passage to the lighthouse.

"I hope he's here." He said softly to himself, as he heard the creatures making noise around him.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm intrigued as to who this boy is Sara. And what this story is to be all about. Please don't keep us in suspense too long.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great prologue! Of course I already know what this is going to be about....but I'm super excited for it! Bring us more as soon as you can! :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

"Mail's here guys!" Scooter yelled, as he set down a huge pack of mail on the table. He quickly backed away, letting all the muppets dive for it.

"Any postcards, guys?" Gonzo asked Kermit, as he shuffled through the mail quickly.

"Hmm....no I don't see any Gonzo. Sorry." He replied, after he had finally finished sorting the mail. "But here's your Insane Weekly."

"Thanks." Gonzo said quietly, as he walked over to the couch. He just set the magazine down without even looking at it. "I wonder why I've not gotten any postcards lately?"

"Maybe your family's just busy or something, Gonzo." Fozzie offered, as he sat down beside Gonzo on the couch. He had a banana in one hand, eating it; and a book of jokes in his other hand. "I mean, I don't talk to Ma all the time. Especially cause we're always doing something around here too."

"It's...it's not like that Fozzie. My family always sends me postcards! They've not missed a single week yet! But...I've not gotten anything from them in 2 weeks!" He said, glaring out the window for a moment.

"Maybe something big happened. I hope they're alright.." The loving bear responded, setting the joke book down for a moment. "Is there anyway for you to contact them?"

Gonzo looked down towards the couch, and frowned. "No. Not that I know of."

"What about those fish people?" Kermit asked, as he stopped by the couch for a moment.

"The Cosmic Fish? I don't know how to contact them!" He retorted, getting frustrated. He saw Rizzo walking by the couch, with a huge plate of bologna balanced in his small hands.

"...my bologna has a first name, it's o-s-c-a-r...my bologna has a last name its...." He looked over at Gonzo for a moment, and stopped his humming, a small frown crossing his features. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Gonzo sighed, and stood up. He didn't answer Rizzo, but instead walked outside and stared up at the early morning sky. Rizzo followed him out there, and sat on a rock in the garden, eating his bologna.

"...why haven't you guys sent me anything yet!" He yelled at the sky. Something felt different to him, but he wasn't sure what it was.

He figured, if yelling didn't work, maybe screaming would. His mind felt weary, and he was worried for his family...no, his people. "TELL ME WHY YOU'VE NOT CONTACTED ME!!!"

------------------------------------------

Clifford walked out onto the backporch, and saw Gonzo asleep on the lawnmower. He had mowed something into the lawn again.

"Aw man...he's gone nuts again. Hey Kerm! Come check out Gonzo, something ain't right with him!" Clifford yelled back into the house. Kermit came outside and sighed.

"Hey...hey Gonzo!" The frog shook the weirdoe's shoulders softly, and Gonzo opened one eye, glancing at his friend. Then he closed it again. "Gonzo...you're not smoking, so you've not been hit by lightning. What is going on out here?" He asked quite softly.

"Something...isn't right, Kermit." He reached into his vest, and pulled out a few of the lastest postcards, and handed them to Kermit. "These are the last few postcards I've gotten from them. It was almost 2 weeks ago, when they sent one. They've never missed a week before! Somethings very wrong!"

Kermit looked over the postcards, and he noticed something strange. They all had very small writing of some sort in the lower left-hand corner. It was too small for the naked eye to see, but it had to be something important.

"Gonzo, do you know what these are?" Kermit asked, pointing to the small areas, that were on all of the postcards he had handed to him.

"No. I figured it was an ink spot.." He suddenly lit up happily. "It could be a secret message!! I'm going to get my magnifying glass!" With that, Gonzo snatched up the postcards from Kermit's flipper, and zoomed inside the house.

"...if he'd shown them to ya eariler, he wouldn't have done that to the lawn, Kerm." Clifford remarked, looking over the mangled lawn. Kermit scrunched his face up, and turned around finally.

"Great...I'll tell him to mow it all down then. At least it'll be level..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Better get Fleet over to Sara's room and get him to leak the story to me too.

Good start, wondering what'll come next.
The bus driver saying "Whatever, bub", that a subtle reference to Sean's X-Muppets crossovers?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... That was fast. Really liked the chapter... Scooter: "Mail's here!""
Gonzo getting worried over the lack of postcards, and mowing the lwan weirdly...
Rizzo with the bologna...
Kermit finding the little fine print...

Hope for more soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

"Where could he be?? Uncle said he would see it and come.." The little boy asked himself, as he sat on a large rock overlooking the sea. He reached into his backpack, and pulled out a bottle of water. He stratched his nose again and frowned. "I wish the air wasn't so dry and salty down here. But...I don't know where else to go."

The sea gave him no answer. Niether did the birds flying in the sky. It was him, on that rock...all alone.

"I miss you Dad..." He said to the unanswering sea, and curled up on the rock to go to sleep in the noonday sun.

---------------------------------------------

"Ah-ha!"

"Ah-ha what, Bunsen? What did you find!?" Gonzo asked excited.

"I found my lucky pen again! Oh isn't that wonderful!" He said. Gonzo's face fell, then he frowned.

"Dr. Honeydew! The postcards! That speck of ink!! What does it all MEAN!!?" He said, nearly jumping the table in worry and excitement.

"Oh! Yes, yes! The postcards! You see, when we put them underneath this high-powered microscope, we see that it says....'Cape Doom'." He stated simply, while looking up at Gonzo.

"Cape Doom! That's where they met me the first time! Something big must be happening!" He was very elated, but his heart sank. "I'd never make it in time...if the last postcard was two weeks ago...they could have come and gone already."

"Perhaps not...you could still try, you know." Bunsen offered, a slight smile on his face.

"But how am I going to get there? We're in Manhattan! That's all the way out in San Fran!!" He said a little angry.

Kermit made his way down the stairs, and he overheard what Gonzo had said. "We could make it a road trip, Gonzo. I mean...that's a really important place wouldn't you think?"

Gonzo agreed, then smiled. "You're a really good pal, Kermit. I don't know anyone else who would...do this for me. Again."

"What are friends for, Gonzo? Come on guys, we're going to Cape Doom!"

---------------------------------------------

The little boy awoke to a bright light, then it went away. It came back again, and he sat up for a moment. He realized it was the lighthouse. Reaching into his backpack again, he pulled out a small envelope. There was a small letter inside, it was originally addressed to Gonzo, but the boy wasn't sure if he'd actually see the blue weirdo or not. He read it to himself, as he had before.

"Dear Little Brother,

This young boy's name is Tanzer. He's asked for you to his Father. He really looks up to you, and he thinks you're quite the cool cat. He loves the daring, and the dangerous. Teach him your ways, and he will grow strong under your care.

As to how this boy could chose you for his Father....when every one of us comes of the age of 30, we aquire children! Weather they be born by mates, or adopted, as you shall be. All of us, raise the children together. But as you are on your own, the boy asked, because he had heard of the tales of your daring acts, for your own family. So, as you have family, we have decided after long deliberation, to allow the boy, Tanzer to come join you as your son. Please, raise him in the loving kindness and fearlessness that you yourself was raised in.

Many thanks,
Ubergonzo."

"....I hope Daddy makes it..." Tanzer murmured softly, in the waning moonlight. A few teardrops splattered the letter, and he closed it up, folding it back inside the envelope. Wrapping his blanket back around him, he crawled back into the small cave he had found, and slowly dipped into a sweet silence, as sleep overtook the little alien.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... Cute, and a little teary. Again, the bit about how all of Gonzo's race acquire children at 30 years of age... The age at which this happens, another subtle X-Muppets crossover hint?
Heh... Guess I need to clear out my own cobwebs and make up my mind as to how I wanna proceed with my own stuff. Well, that can keep under wraps for now, got a finals exam tomorrow.

Unless any of you, my forum friends wish to help out...