FanFic: The New Arrival

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great beginning! I love this story! I like the explanation of how Gonzo could aquire a child. This is awesome!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh! I like it so far. Really love how you've already made me care about little Tanzer.

ReneeLouvier said:
"I miss you Dad..." He said to the unanswering sea, and curled up on the rock to go to sleep in the noonday sun.
Yes! I love it when writers torment me with story!

And the teeny-tiny writing on the corner of the post cards... I can imagine it perfectly. Although that may have something to do with the size of my own handwriting when I'm writing fanfic on a notecard... or a napkin ring...

MORE PLEASE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I can't think of anything to say except I love this story! And I want more! Please?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Man, this story is great! Maybe you should post a link to picture of what Tanzer looks like, or at least describe him to us.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea. Do you have a picture in your head of what he looks like? Are all Gonzoids basically the same?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

Tanzer stood up and stretched his legs a bit. He yawned, and looked out over the sea for a moment. It was beautiful and peaceful in the early morning sky. The calm, soft lapping of the waves at the shore made him smile. He grabbed his backpack, and decided if his Dad wasn't coming to Cape Doom, he'd just go to him. The young alien was merely 8 years old, still very young for his race. He wore a simple yellow tshirt, with red pants, and black sneakers. Feathery hair adorned his head, which usually came down into his eyes, until he put on his baseball cap. Ubergonzo, his Uncle, had given him these clothes as that was what they had observed all the other races wearing when they first came back to Earth to check up on his Dad.

Yawning yet again, he made his way down the wooded path towards the road again. He was quite short, coming only perhaps to Gonzo's waist when he stood at full height, his nose was normally hooked like his Fathers. Most other noses of his people were twisted in such strange shapes, loop-de-loops, and squared, as well as very twisted and contorted shapes. But his was a nice, simple hook. He stratched it again, and kept walking down the road, hoping to see a car or another bus. He had no money, so all he had to rely on was the caring of others.

------------------------------------

"When are we going to get there, Kermit?" Gonzo asked, keeping his eyes peeled on the road. Kermit, Clifford, Dr. Teeth, Fozzie, and Gonzo all took turns driving the bus. They drove almost non-stop.

"For the last time, I don't know, Gonzo! Check the map!" Kermit yelled, gripping the steering wheel tightly. His poor flippers were aching, and he wished they could have found a hotel or something to sleep in. Gonzo had elected to take night driving so everyone could sleep while he drove. He didn't want to stop for anything, except for food and when nature called. Something in his heart told him he couldn't stop.

"You blue weirdo, you're going to kill us if you keep this up!" Miss Piggy retorted loudly at Gonzo. She was a sight for sore eyes. Her hair was a mess, and she was wearing next to no makeup. She has woken up after she slid out of the bus seat when Kermit hit a pothole on the road.

"Come on, greenstuff. I'll take over." Dr. Teeth offered, when he noticed Kermit was about to hit yet another pothole in the road. Kermit slowly pulled over, and got out of the driver's seat, and shook his head. "Right...let's get this going again!" He stated easily, as he sat down and started the bus up again.

"Next stop, FOOD!" Rizzo yelled, as he saw the restaurants coming up on the road. "Yes, pancakes, waffles, soup, salad....yummy!"

"How can you think about food, Rizzo?" Gonzo asked incredously, as he stared at his buddy.

"I'm starving, Gonzo!" He snapped, then he did a double take. "Waitaminute! Waitaminute!!" Rizzo paused for a moment, and got a worried expression on his face. "When was the last time you ate, Gonzo?"

Gonzo paused for a moment. He really had to remember the last time he ate was...about three days ago. "Three days ago. I had a sardine and peanut butter sandwich on rye bread, and garlic-trout ice cream."

Rizzo shuddered at the thought of that food, but he still worried for his friend. "You've not eaten in three days? That's not healthy you know. Come on, you're eating something when we stop." Rizzo stood up as the bus pulled to a stop, and he tugged on Gonzo's pantsleg.

"Rizzo...I'm just not hungry! We've...we've gotta get going to Cape Doom!" Gonzo turned away from Rizzo and started to walk towards the bus again. Rizzo pulled him down close to him, and slapped his face.

"Come on, Gonz!! Snap out of this one-track train you're on!! They're bound to stay if they do come! You yourself should know that!!" Rizzo glared at him, then smiled softly. "Let's at least get something to eat, get something in you. Then we'll get right back on the road, right guys?"

"Yeah...right, get going again." Everyone seemed to murmur, as they filed into the restraurant slowly.

Rizzo stopped for a moment, pointing up to the sign on the outer wall. "Nessa's Home Cookin'....sounds nice dosn't it, Gonzo?" He mused, looking back at Gonzo for a response. All he got was an image of his friend's back, as he stared out towards the direction of the highway. "Let's just go in Gonzo.." Rizzo sighed.

"Please don't leave just yet, guys. I'm coming!" Gonzo said plaintively to the rolling highway, he wondered if his pleading would work. He just hoped they were gone yet.

--------------------------------------------

"...this...is really hard." Tanzer sat down underneath a small tree, and sighed. He was out of water, and almost out of food packets. Gonzo was to have come nearly two weeks ago. Ubergonzo stayed with him for a week, but after that they had to leave him behind. Looking up he saw a highway sign.

"Nessa's Home Cookin' - 3 miles."

"That shouldn't be too bad. Maybe if I ask nicely they'll let me have something! Uncle taught me that manners go far on this planet." Tanzer nodded to himself, and picked up his pack, walking to where the arrow pointed; towards Nessa's.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aww, I loved this chapter! Tanzer is so cute, and I hope they meet up with each other soon! Please update as soon as possible, although I know you have other things to do.
Forgive me for not posting in your other thread, but when I am too emotional, I usually find it almost impossible to post. It took me long enough to steady myself enough to write this response! So please don't think I'm being rude or ignoring you; just very mad and sad for your sake.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Liking the story so far... So, they're all going to meet up at Ness's? Probably not, would make for too short a story, but then again it's your story Sara. I'm really liking the expressions of concern playing across between Gonzo and Rizzo... And how Tanzor's trying to get to his foster father.

The sandwich Gonzo ate, another X-Muppets crossover reference?
And you might want to change Gonzo's line when they're outside Ness's to say "he wishes they weren't gone" instead.
Also... Noticed your sigline's gone.

Really great stuff so far, hope for more soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The sandwich was another nod/reference to X-Muppets. XD
And the sigline's gone cause when I post story I take it away intentionally. I think it looks nicer that way. :wink: