FanFic: The New Arrival

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awww, I like it and I've fallen in love with little Tanzer! I just love Gonzo's concern for him and he hasn't even met him yet. Good stuff with Rizzo on the bus too. This is fun! Keep it coming!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

"You've hardly touched ya food, Gonz." Rizzo stated the quite obvious, as Gonzo's sardine sandwich sat relatively untouched. His mind was miles away, and his stomach was unheard by his mind.

"Why did they just leave 'Cape Doom' on the postcard? It had to mean something!" Gonzo stated to Rizzo, while staring out the window down the road. "We've gotta get going! Are you guys done yet?" He spun around in the seat, and stared at his friends.

Scooter stopped in mid-bite, and frowned softly. Kermit set his spoon down, and scrunched his face up a bit. "Gonzo...you need to calm down. They're your family, they arn't just going to leave without seeing you. I know they'll wait for you."

"...I...I know that, but a huge spaceship is going to be seen soon enough! They might have only had time to stay for awhile. What if they did leave! We've gotta get going, now!" He stared at Kermit, his expression downfallen, and sad.

"Let's just eat and get back on the road, so the weirdo will shut up!" Piggy said angrily, as she quickly finished her sandwich, and stood up. She grabbed her bag of chips and started to walk out to the bus. Fozzie, Scooter, Clifford, and the others followed Miss Piggy outside. Many of them ended up getting their meals to go, so they wouldn't have to listen to Gonzo worrying so much. Kermit stayed at the table, and was finishing up his fly soup, while watching Gonzo.

"Gonzo?" He asked softly, looking at his face. It was etched with worry he saw.

"...what, Kermit?" Gonzo asked back, closing his eyes for a moment. Gonzo hadn't slept in the 5 days they'd been on the road.

"It's more then your family isn't it?"

"I don't know. It's different then the first time they said they'd come...something...here." He tapped his chest gently, looking back at his best friend. "Something's telling me it's more then my family, Kermit."

Gonzo paused, and turned around completely in the seat to face Kermit. It was just him, Kermit and Rizzo still in the restraurant now. Everyone else was out on the bus, ready to go. "Has...has your soul ever ached?"

"My...soul?" Kermit countered, a puzzled expression coming around the frog's face. "I'm not sure."

"I can't explain it too well, it's like my soul is aching. The farther away I was from Cape Doom, after I found out what they were saying...the more my...soul ached. Something's pulling me there again, and I want to end this pain inside. I want to know what's happening."

Kermit paused for a second, watching Gonzo. The blue weirdoes face was etched with concern and worry. He had turned 30 about a month ago, he remembered the party well. Gonzo looked like he was 50 now, the worry was causing a great deal of pain on him, and he could see it clear as the moon on the swamp in the summer evenings. Ever since that party, Gonzo had acted weird. More subuded, actually. Calmer, taking less risks. He was settling down a bit, and to Kermit....that was very strange and unusual. He nodded to himself softly, and just tipped the bowl up to his mouth and drank the last of it in two gulps.

"Let's go pay and get on the road again, Gonzo." Kermit said with a bright smile on his face.

"Thanks, Kermit." Gonzo said gently, as the three of them walked out to the bus. Kermit went ahead of Rizzo and Gonzo as they stood outside the restraurant for a moment.

"Your soul...ached?" Rizzo asked, looking up at Gonzo.

"Yeah. It's the only way I can explain it." He said, looking down the road for a moment.

"I'm your friend, ain't I?"

"Well, of course your my friend." He looked down at the small rat, with a smile on his face.

"Should'a told me ya soul was achin'. We could'a talked about it." Rizzo said quietly, pushing a small rock with his foot as they started walking towards the bus.

"I wasn't sure how you'd take it."

"I just don't like to see you so outta shape, that's all..I mean, we're friends and stuff. We tell each other this stuff all the time." Rizzo paused, and looked up at Gonzo as they boarded the bus. "You know I miss my family, right?"

"You miss your family?" Gonzo asked, looking down at his friend. "I thought most of the rats were your family!"

"They are...but then again, they really arn't. They ain't my Mom, or my Dad. They're mostly just sisters, brothers and my cousins." The little rat looked down for a second, and took his seat beside Gonzo on the bus. "I've not seen my parents in a long time."

Gonzo wrapped an arm around his friend as they took off in the bus once more, heading again towards Cape Doom.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh, my heart aches for Gonzo! Nice talk about family stuff with Gonzo and Rizzo. I really like it!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, great chapter, I wonder what will happen next! I wonder if anyone will see Tanzer, or they will miss each other. I just had a horrible thaught! I hope Tanzer isn't run down in the middle of the road! Looking forward to more...
Gee Sarah, you're very popular! It seems like almost everyone who reads fanfiction is viewing this thread!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Five

The bus pulled away from the restarurant and headed down the highway. Gonzo kept his eyes focused on the road ahead, he could not wait to get to Cape Doom. Rizzo tapped Gonzo on the shoulder, and looked him over for a moment.

"What Rizzo?" The werido asked, when Rizzo didn't say a word after a few moments.

"You said your soul ached. What did you mean, your soul ached?" Rizzo crossed his arms and tilted his head a second. "Coulda been heartburn you know."

"It wasn't heartburn! It...was heartache." Gonzo looked at his little rat friend, and he hugged him gently. "Something wonderful is going to happen, I can feel it. I...I just don't know yet, but I can't wait!"

Gonzo stood up in the seat, and shouted to Clifford who was driving at the time. "How long till we get to Cape Doom, Clifford!?"

"Probably....another 30 minutes or so! We're not that far off, so just why don't you sit down or something?" He yelled back to him.

"We're almost there, blue dude. Just chill yourself." Floyd stated, looking at Gonzo from across the seat. Janice yawned, and snuggled onto Floyd's shoulder. It was nearly 8 at night then.

"Like...rully...some of us are like...trying to sleep here..." She said sleepily between yawns.

"Heh..sorry guys." Gonzo watched the street lights as they dotted the highway. The individual lights became a softened blur as the blue weirdoe's head slowly slumped down onto his chest, into sleep.

-------------------------------------

Tanzer finally came to Nessa's and stopped at in front of the doors. The lights were on, yet no one was inside. The place had been closed up for awhile now for the night. He sat on the pavement in front of the door and sighed. Tracing a circle in the light sand on the ground, he started to cry.

"...D-Daddy..." He said, his voice choked and muffled by his tears. Looking up into the night sky, he sniffled loudly. "I should have waited!!" The little gonzoid yelled out, stamping the ground for a moment. Then he tripped over a rock, and fell down onto the ground. He landed on his elbow and grabbed it suddenly. "OOW!! Oowiee..."

He had a huge scrape on his elbow now, and he grabbed it quickly. It was hurting powerfully, but then again almost all scrapes do to a child that young. All he could figure out to do was to keep going in the only direction he knew:

Away from Cape Doom.

------------------------------------

"We're HERE!" Gonzo yelled happily, as he bounded off the bus in a leap. He landed feet first into the sandy beach, and he walked around for a moment. "Maybe the ships' invisible or something?"

He started to walk over to the beach, going slowly so he wouldn't run into the ship. Frowning, he picked up a rock, and hurled it away from him. It hit sand. Walking away from the bus even more, he did it again. Again, nothing.

"No...no they left..." He closed his eyes, standing on the beach. Rizzo walked over to him, and just stood by him for a moment.

"What's this?" Kermit asked himself, as he saw a small blanket laying in a small cave, with a few packets of paper laying underneath it. "Hey, Gonzo!"

"...." Gonzo turned around to see Kermit holding a small dark red blanket in his arms, and the paper packets in his hands. He walked over and glanced at them. "It's just some old blanket, and some trash..."

"No, Gonzo. I don't think this is. This blanket feels new, and these papers had something in them. Looks like food of some sort." Kermit turned the blanket over, and then handed it to Gonzo. "I really think this means something. What do you think?"

Gonzo held the small deep red blanket in his hands. The material was silky and smooth, it was very thin and lightweight, yet it plush feeling, and was not any type of fabric he'd ever seen in his lifetime. This wasn't of Earth, and he realized that quickly.

"Found something else!" Kermit shouted, as he was inside the small cave now. "Hey...it's a letter! And...it's addressed to you, Gonzo."

"Read it, Kermit. W-Would you?" Gonzo asked, his voice slightly shaking. Something felt very strange to him just then.

"Right." Kermit started to read the letter to him. "It's says: "Dear Little Brother, this young boy's name is Tanzer. He's asked for you to his--" Kermit paused for a second, and looked over at Gonzo. He was still as stone, his eyes locked on the ground. He continued for a moment more in the letter. "--his Father. He really looks up to you, and he thinks you're quite the cool cat. He loves the daring, and the dangrous."

"...oh no...." Gonzo's face paled to a sky blue, as he stared at the blanket and further into the cave. "...I...a boy? And me a...a Father?"

".....that's gotta be one long distance relationship for that to work out...." Rizzo mumbled to himself, as he watched this odd scene in worry for his friend.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
You've got quite a talent! Ever sent your ideas to Disney?
I'm currently trying. A good tip: Don't just 'send' ideas to Disney. You loose your rights to them. I'm attempted to ask permission to publish in a book/novel format "Sadie's Stories" which "The New Arrival" and "Love is Neverending" will not be shown. I am trying to publish them for my friends.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, at least now they're getting somewhere! Thaught Tanzer took the letter with him though? I hope he isn't thinking of trying to walk from San Francisco all the way to Manhattan!