FanFic: The Predicament

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
FanFic: The Predicament

This is a new story I'm starting, it concerns a certain Fraggle, but not one that you might have seen before. Intrigued? Keep your eyes peeled on this story as it unfolds!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sara!!! *Hugs to you for finally coming out of your room and posting in fanfic again.
Guess the muffin cannon worked huh? You can thank your Sissy for that. Go to the English/Danish/Danglish? thread to find out its origins.

And you might want to edit your post, that title should be "P-R-E-D-I-C-A-M-E-N-T", the second "I" is out of place.
Hope this helps... And hope to get your help with what I requested soon.
*Hugs to Sara again.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Prologue

It's too hot over here. I'm at a friends house at the moment, so if this first chapter seems strange...chalk it up to the heat, if you please.

The poor fraggle paced in his room, wondering what could happen to him after all that he had done to his...wait. Were they even his friends? He couldnt' decide. It..wasn't for him to decide. It was for the Oldest Fraggle to decide.

"It's time you know." A young female fraggle said, as she poked her head into the room.

"I...I know, I just can't believe I'm....being sent away to the Dreaded Cavern..." The indecisive fraggle moaned, as he slowed padded out of the room to meet his fate.

"You could...uh...challenge the Oldest Fraggle..." The other countered, in a soft voice.

"That wouldn't work...it's what got me in this trouble to begin with Marla!" He cried, placing his hands over his eyes for a moment.

Marla stood back, watching her friend for a moment. Then she smiled slightly, a wry smile he had seen many times before.

"You could....convince him." She whispered.

The condemned fraggle stood still for a moment, then his eyes lit up with a fire known to Marla. All well too known, to tell the truth.

He chuckled softly, and looked Marla straight in the eyes. She smiled back at him, almost lovingly.

"Get Darla and Carla...tell them to get ready." He smirked, as she went off to get her sisters quickly. As he stood there in the hall, he chuckled to himself, a proud, vain laughter filled the small cavern.

"I'll convince them like I've never convinced them before!!!" He said to himself, with a flourish of his tail, and a flounce he was off to meet the Oldest Fraggle in the World.​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! That's a great start. Thought for a moment it was Wembley... And then you go and shift gears on us, having this story deal with Convincing John.
BTW: Nice reference, naming the Fragglettes after Nicky Holiday's ladies from TGMC.

Post more soon... Or face...
Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...Nicky Holiday's ladies? *laughs uproarily* I didn't even realize that Ed!!! But that's halarious!! More story soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Darla (Della Finch), Carla (Kate Howard), and Marla (Erica Creer) all from TGMC.
And there they are... As names of the Fragglettes in the prologue.

Glad to see you're in better spirits, post more soon... Please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

It had all happened after that Doozer Stick incident with that pesky fraggle Mokey...I had to convince them, then unconvince them to not eat those Doozer Constructions! It wasn't all that great. Undermined what I could do I believe...

The pencil stopped moving for a few moments, as he stratched his head reading over it. The Fragglettes were milling about the cavern chatting, fixing their costumes, generally mussing about as it was quite a slow and hot day. Convincing John was down to his black shirt now, with his hair plastered to his forehead.​

"It's just too hot down here!" He flustered, as he set down his pencil and then closed his journal tight.​

"How hot is it John?" Carla asked, sneering. It was about the 5th time John had exclaimed that.​

"Fine, fine, Carla. Need I sing about it again??" He shot back, a little angry.​

Darla walked up to him, and handed him a cold glass of water, with a small smile on her face. "No, no..." She shot a withering look over at Carla then.​

"We know how hot it is. We all know how hot it is. Why don't we go down to the pool and cool off?" She offered, smiling again.​

Marla leaned back against the wall, and frowned a little. "That Red Fraggle has almost total command of the pool! She's doing her work today, which means she's splashing, and diving all over the place. We would be lucky to even get in there!!"​

"So, let's just convince her to get out of the pool!" Carla shot right back at them.​

"But that isn't for the betterment of all the other Fraggles!" John blasted, as he sat down, and slicked his sweat-soaked hair back against his head.​

The room was silent for a few minutes, the girls looking at each other, then at John; who at the moment had his eyes closed. He leaned against the wall, and tried to get his mind off of the heat. It was hard, but he finally had cleared his mind, and was quite calm once more.​

"John?" The girls asked, looking over at him with curious apperences.​

"Yes, Fragglettes....what is it?" He said with a low tone to his voice, he didn't particularly want to even speak in this weather. He knew even the Gorgs were suffering from it. And probably even the humans in Outer Space too.​

"Convince Red to leave the pool. The other Fraggles are probably suffering from this heat as well, John. Go, help all of us, it'll make everyone feel better to get into the nice, cold pool!" They said sweetly to him, he closed his eyes once more, and then smiled broadly.​

"A nice dip in the pool for everyone would be best for everybody wouldnt' it!?" He said, standing up tall; his tail flicking from side to side wildly.​

"Yes, it would John! Everyone would be very cooled off, and...the pool would be cleaned as well at the same time!!!" They said as well, standing up tall alongside of him.​

"Get dressed, Fragglettes! We're going to sway them right today!!" John proclaimed proudly.​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great start Sara. The way you're trying to escape the heat into a world of your own fanfic...
And it shows when even Convincing John doesn't want to speak to conserve energy in the ehat. But convince the Fraggles to go into the pool, after convincing Red to leave...
Hmm, wonder what your Sissy's roomie would say about that.

Good going, now post more as soon as you can...

Or face the wrath of the muffin cannons!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

"So...we'll convince Red Fraggle to let everyone use the pool?" John asked the girls as he slipped on his jacket, he was holding his sash in his hand, and he frowned a bit looking at it. "Too hot for that thing."

He flung the sash back on his sleeping area, and started to walk back out to where the girls were, and he smiled. He was pratically soaked in sweat, but he looked presentable.

"No, John, we'll convince her she dosn't need to work!" Carla stated, as she got her headpiece on.

"But...dosn't she have to work?" Convincing John countered, as he stood by the caverns entrence.

"Yes, of course she does! But, we'll show everybody that they can all do her work for her! Help her out, because she'll need it, won't she? In this heat, it can be quite hard on a Fraggle!" Darla said quickly, smiling to them all.

"Don't I know it." John mumbled as they started to go down from their caverns, to the main hall.

***​

"It's Convincing John!"​

"Wonder why he's here?"​

"Did that Mokey Fraggle call on him...again??"​

Many of the Fraggles were in awe of Convincing John and his power of pursasion, a few feared him, but many just generally worried when they saw him. They were talking amongst themselves, watching as he walked over to the main podium. The word traveled faster then the Fraggle Horn, because almost as soon as the Fragglettes cleared their throats, ready to sing alongside of him, most every Fraggle was in the main room already.​

He cleared his throat, and coughed slightly. He slicked his hair back once more, as he was dripping with sweat. Darla leaned over, and smiled at him.​

"You okay, John?"​

"Yes, Darla, I'm fine."​

"The heat's getting to you isn't it?"​

He merely nodded, and closed his eyes for a moment, before popping up behind the podium, taking a deep breath, with that firey gleam in his eyes as is well known by most fraggles.​

"Now, now listen to me Fraggles, with your fraggle selves a sweating, do you know what would be best right now?" John sang, as the sweat dripped down his own forehead. He put his all into it.​

"Right now?" The Fragglettes echoed, as in usual sweet harmony.​

"A nice dip in the pool, cold water a splashing, but that can't be done right now! For you see there is a fraggle who even now is a working, doing the best she can!"

"Best she can!"

"She's a-cleaning up the pool, a-sparkling and a-shining, but that won't help us do! We need to help her now, so leap in and cool off too!"

"Cool off too!!"

"If you don't go in the pool, you'll keep on sweating, till there's nothing left to be found! And when you sweat away, you'll melt all day; and then your life's aground!"

"Life's aground!"

All the fraggles started to agree, and even halfway through the song, some of them started to go towards the pool, to leap into it, and cool off. The rest of them.

"So now tell me what you'll do, will ya sit and mull and stew? Till there's nothing left to give? Or will you do the smart thing, and hop in the pool, and then you'd live!!"

A round of clapping and cheering ensued, and the other half of the fraggles started to run off towards the pool, convinced by John that they were going to melt away in the intense heat.

***​

Red was almost done cleaning the pool out, and she hauled herself out of it, and smiled.

"My jobs almost done for this week. Heh, I picked such a fun job!" She smiled down at the clean, sparkling pool, and picked up her towel, wrapping it around herself.

The fraggles nearly stampeded over her to get into the pool. It was large enough for all the fraggles to get inside of it, but as they cooled off, what no one realized was that the pool was heating up, because of their body heat.