Farscape Ratings: 1/10/2003

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got this e-mail from SaveFarscape.com with the ratings info from last week's Farscape episode.

Courtesy of a reliable source, we have the national ratings in for last week's Friday night lineup on The Sci-Fi Channel.

8PM Farscape 1.34
9PM Stargate 1.75
10PM Tracker 1.45
11PM Stargate 0.89
12PM Farscape 0.78
1AM X-Files 0.60

Before you respond, we have a few things we would like to say.

Yes, they're not as high as we would have liked.

But they're higher than anything aired in Season 4 so far except for 401 and 411. The first half of Season 4 averaged 1.25, so we're moving in the right direction. If you compare "Kansas" to earlier seasons, you'll see that the average for all of Season 3 was 1.34. And last summer, Farscape only averaged a 1.2 rating.

We HAVE made a difference.

We also want to emphasize that "Kansas" was the first in a run of 11 new episodes. This is up against new network television, not summer reruns, in yet another new timeslot, with minimal network promotion or support, and coming off a five-month hiatus with no regular reruns.

Keep in mind as well that ratings reflect a percentage of the audience, and that the potential audience for Farscape is always growing as Sci-Fi moves into new households. As a result even this apparently small bump in ratings registers as a significant absolute increase in numbers of viewers.

If you look at it that way, we've done very well indeed.

Lots of projects are still upcoming, including Benbrowder.net's USA Today ad (which should run this coming Friday), the Guerrilla Radio Network, and many other efforts at the grassroots and national levels. The campaign is gaining both momentum and press attention as the show returns to the airwaves.

Keep watching, keep talking, keep placing ads and wearing buttons and putting bumper-stickers on your cars. Spread around the primer flyers and the address of the Farscape online Primer
(http://fsprimer.shriftweb.org/index.shtml).

Despair not. We're not done yet.

SaveFarscape.com Strategy Team

beaker

Reaction score
How in the heck does Stargate SG-1 get higher ratings? Do people actually watch that horrific show(based on a mediocre 1994 film I might add) or is Sci Fi just making up numbers?
Man, you know Sci Fi secretly had it in for JFC and Farscape fans when they switched Farscape's times with Stargates. Wow.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow. Respectable numbers for a niche network. I really think the shift in management is to blame. Happens all the time. Things get cancelled so that new guys can make their mark.

I enjoyed the Stargate movie, but never liked the series. If I were up at 1AM and had a choice between a Floabie infomercial and SG1, I'd side with the Floabie. I really don't find it nearly as brave or interesting as Farscape.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
How in the heck does Stargate SG-1 get higher ratings? Do people actually watch that horrific show(based on a mediocre 1994 film I might add) or is Sci Fi just making up numbers?
Man, you know Sci Fi secretly had it in for JFC and Farscape fans when they switched Farscape's times with Stargates. Wow.
Have you even watched it? It's so freakin' AWESOME !!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Have you even watched it? It's so freakin' AWESOME !!!
Yes, but does it have super cool puppetry and animatronics? :wink: