Farscape Returns!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that our favorite little outer space drama has returned to the airwaves for a final batch of episodes from Season 4. John Crychton did return to Earth indeed, the problem is that he went back to his home in Kansas in the year 1986 and the main time-line screwup is trying to convince his father not to go onboard the Challenger shuttle before it blows up. The main crew of Moya descends to help out Crychton, settling inside an abandoned house next to the Crychton family home. There's a nice little tribute in this episode if you guys picked it up like I did. Just like we posted about the inclusion of Bein' Green in an early episode of Angel Season 4, the episode where his gang goes off to Las Vegas, guess I'll be the first to post about the inclusion of a classic Sesame Street sketch in this episode of Farscape. Erin Sun is watching television trying to learn Earth habits, customs and its language when we hear a familiar sketch in the background. The TV that Erin's watching shows the sketch where Kermit and a little girl are singing the alphabet, the one where the same little girl keeps abruptly inserting Cookie Monster into the alphabet. You know that sketch, the letters appear above Kermit's head, and even an outline of Cookie Monster in a sitting-down pose appears over his head whenever the little girl says his name. We even get the see and hear the sketch end with the heart-warming hug between the little girl and Kermit after such interruptions in their alphabet song. There's a part later on where Noranti says "Hello Cookie Monster" when she finds someone snooping around the house and Rygil is portrayed as a sort of Cookie Monster himself, except that he gets crazed over the Halloween candies handed out. The overall story is one that touched my heart on a personal level, much like the Quantum Leap episode where Scott Bakula's character leaps back into himself as a 16-year-old boy at his family's country home. This episode also had some really hilarious moments, particularly Rygil's performance, and the little nod to Henson fans had me saying that we would have a field day here at the forums over such a subject. Perhaps such nods might get others to watch and net our show the ratings share necessary to be brought back for a final fifth season.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh this is to much...Crighton goes back to the late 80's in middle America...references to Sesame Street...what the heck is going on?

This is too much...Ive had this bizarre running joke on here involving going back in time to the late 80's, entropy, grainfileds in the midwest, and the Muppets...more surreal this episode tonight could not be. I am in total awe...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question for Phillip Chapman

Hello, Phil. Well, now I've really got a question for you seeing as how it finally happened to one of my threads. Why is it that the thread I posted titled "Farscape Returns!" show up with a dash instead of the number of posts in this specific thread? And why does my name show up as the last poster though Beaker placed a post in this thread? Although this post would now justify my name as the last poster in this thread, I'd still like to know the answers to the previous questions. Hopefully you can demistify my confusion over such matters.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is because you are looking at this in the "TV Appearances" folder. This discussion was moved to "Fantasy Worlds" where the other Farscape discussions are.