1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Father Gerry Parkes?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by cobyjmh, Dec 7, 2002.

1. cobyjmh

cobyjmh New Member

While surfing around imdb.com (the internet movie database), I realized that many of Gerry Parkes roles have been rather similar since Fraggle Rock. Nearly every character he's played since Doc has been a clergyman. What's up with that? Is he a priest in real life or something? Maybe it's all coincidence. Just thought I'd ask. What do you people think?

2. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

As an Actor, I know that in hollywood you often get cast on how you look, and Parks looks like a Drugstore onwer at the turn of the centry or a preacher ( I myself am built like Nathen Lane.)

3. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

I remember his cameo on "Today's Special", as Phil, a photographer with a drinking problem. One of the few "serious" issues "Today's Special" touched upon. However, to me, he'll always be Jerome "Doc" Christian. Although one thing remains...how did he find out about Mrs. Bear's farm house when he was living in Arizona?

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I know! Hey wait....how did you know he lived in Arizona?
    And for that matter, just *WHO* is Ned Shimmelfinny?
    And where the heck was his house 'in the desert'?

5. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

He was also on Shining Time Staton, too!!;)