Faversham?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hey, all, who exactly is Faversham? I just saw an episode of Donna's Day that someone sent me on tape. In it, Kermit is trying to find a guest to come to Donna's party. The first house he calls is Piggy's, but she isn't there (of course). Some old butler named Faversham answers instead.

I've only seen this Muppet once before, in some of the background cameo stuff from MFS. What project did this Muppet originally come from? Who performs him? I would guess from the style/design of the Muppet that he's from MT, and since Steve performed all the other characters in the show (Kermit, Rizzo, and Beaker), it would seem like Steve is Faversham's performer as well. But I've never actually seen him on MT, and the voice didn't really sound like Steve's. John Kennedy is also credited at the end, but he may have just been there to perform hands. So if anyone has more information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A bonus question: Rizzo pops back down into his garbage can at the end of his segment. A lady walks by and drops her lunch bag in the can. Rizzo says "Hey!" in disgust and pops back out. But then he looks at her and says, "Hey, she's really cute." Is this possibly Steve's wife? The statement seems completely non-sequitor, and it's not like the camera was supposed to get a really good look at her. So if it was an in-joke, it would make sense. If anyone's seen the episode, any info would be helpful.

Thanks!