Favorite Anything Muppet Skits

BlueAM

Reaction score
Of all characters from Sesame Street, I love the Anything Muppets.

My favorite skits with AMs are:

People in Your Neighborhood
Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5
A Telephone in Brazil
I Just Adore 4 (I like this song because one of the AMs who appears with Big Bird during that song looks an awful lot like Peter Sellers in The World of Henry Orient. The AM I'm talking about is the one who was used for Guy Smiley, Prince Charming, Don Music, etc.)

So tell me, what are yours?

BlueAM
"It's not pining, it's passed on. This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
DO the Miami Mice count?

I liked the Monsterpive theater version of Fiddler on the Roof. They parodied the song "Tradition" as "Addition." I busted up laughing at the end when Cookie said "Oy Gavolt! What are you Meshugganas doing here?"

I also liked the old one about the stolen "An" in a "Tan van"

Of course, the term Anything Muppet can apply to just about any (including perminant) member of the street, so I'd say anything with Guy Smiley and Don Music.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
i like: Counting the Floors
Any Grover/Fat Blue skits
Any Guy Smiley Skits
ANy don music skits
a skit i saw on plaza sesamo where grover is trying to teach us about a library (i believe) and a green anything muppet keeps telling him to talk quietly which reduces to grover speaking so quiet we cant even understand him
Zizzy Zoomers (never seen it tho. jsut heard it)
Dirtiest Town In The West
The skit where Ernie and Bert are at the movies (hey, it has anything muppet in it!)
Katie (a girl anything muppet on Sesame Park) teaching Basil (a polar bear on Sesame Park) how to tie his shoes
and LOTS more

BlueAM

Reaction score
Here are some more skits with AMs that I like:

The Tale of Tom Tattertall Tuttletut
Born To Add
Cookie Disco
J Friends
My Favorite Letter- P (I believe this song featured three AMs performed by Jim, Frank, and Jerry. It was kind of a country song, like the Country Trio on TMS. Jerry's was green with an orange nose and yellow hair and a moustache; Jim's was orange with brown hair and a big pink nose that ended at his mouth, kinda like Sully; and Frank's was blue with black hair at the sides of his bald head, and he had a black moustache and a green nose. I also believe that they appeared on "The Dick Cavett Show", which they showed at Muppet Fest.)

BlueAM
"Hey, Rock, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

Ryan

Reaction score
I've always loved AM's and WN's....creative idea.

In no particular order:
1. Frank (Fat Blue, performed by Frank) and Jerry (Green with white muostache, Jerry performs) meet each other outside. But Frank is waaay too far away to go see him...so he pulls out some measuring tape and measures the distance! LOL "(Insert ridiculously high number here, cuz I forget it)ft, well sorry, to far to say hi to ya!" "OK, See ya Frank! Tell the misses I said hello!"
2. A 1971 skit in which a looong nosed Orange AM (Frank) and a purple hipster (voiced by Northern Calloway, puppteeered by Jim) discuss and draw air shapes.. Frank:"DO you know what a square is?" Jim/Northern :"I know who a square is! HAAHAA!"
3. The Bus stop song, with a little boy who is so carried away the other AM's sing, he misses his bus. lol
4.Mahna Mahna
5.The P song
6. The word Family song with an old blue am (Jim) and an old green AM (Jerry)
7.Fat Cat Sat Hat
8.10 Commandments of Health
9. Newsflash: Kermit interviews the Elves and the shoemaker (this one has Marilyn Sokol in it!)
10. "ME!" A song about being proud of being yourself, again with Marilyn, and a muppet voiced by Emilio Delgado ("Me! What a thing to be is me! Me in my mirror, me in my bed! Me in the pictures I make in my head!")
11. The City Life/The Country Life: With an awesome Gren Jim Henson hippy and a Marilyn Sokol country girl
12. Everyone Likes Ice Cream: Too cool! 1969 classic
13. Early Mornin Singin' song: another weird one with bob and the AM hippies
14. I am a fine musician: Soooo cool! " EEEK! My Piccilo broke!"
Much much more I cant think of :wink:

Ryan

Reaction score
A few more....lol
Lulu's back in town: The AM is about to lose his nose! lol
5 People In my Family
Rappin Alphabet: "Ferninghetti Donizetti is my naaame!"
Cooperation Makes it Happen: "Dig it!"

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
i found two errors in cooperation makes it happen. one is a man is singing with a gruff voice but when they come back to him, he sounds like janice. and during the end when someone says dig it, no puppet moves their mouth.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I watched the Best of Kermit and Sing Yourself Sillier At The Movies videos and I thought of some more faves:

Caribbean Amphibian (The frogs with the instruments are actually AMs)
Watermelons and Cheese
This Frog
I Love My Elbows
Mr. Between

And others, such as:

One Banana
Telephone Rock
ZZ Blues
Count It Higher
Letter B
Forty Blocks From My Home

And some Newsflashes:

Christopher Columbus
George Washington's Cherry Tree
Pinocchio
The one where the Count annoys Kermit about counting the Three Little Pigs and the Seven Dwarfs
Aladdin
Peter Piper
Rumplestiltskin

And the list goes on and on and on...................

Now for some questions, Ryan:

1. What did Frank, the Blue AM, look like? (All I know is is that he's blue)
2. What did the boy in the Bus Stop song look like?
3. What did the two old AM guys in the word Family song look like? (I only know that they were green and blue)
4. What did the Elves and the Shoemaker look like?
5. What did the two AMs in the song ME look like?
6. What did the two AMs in the City Life/Country Life song look like? (All I know is is that the guy in the city was green)
7. What AMs did they use in Everyone Likes Ice Cream and what did they look like?

I would like to thank you for your help!

BlueAM
"I am the walrus, GOOGOOGOOJOOB!"

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlueAM

Now for some questions, Ryan:

1. What did Frank, the Blue AM, look like? (All I know is is that he's blue)
2. What did the boy in the Bus Stop song look like?
3. What did the two old AM guys in the word Family song look like? (I only know that they were green and blue)
4. What did the Elves and the Shoemaker look like?
5. What did the two AMs in the song ME look like?
6. What did the two AMs in the City Life/Country Life song look like? (All I know is is that the guy in the city was green)
7. What AMs did they use in Everyone Likes Ice Cream and what did they look like?

1. He was the regular Fat Blue design...same features, different performer.
2. He was a small pink AM boy with a brown hair, performed by Jerry
3. The Blue guy was bald with a big white beard (Jim) and the green one i think had a white moustache and some hair (Jerry )
4. They were small orange AM's with all different color beards, and striped Santa hats, if I remember correctly.
5. The Green Girl (Frank/Marilyn) had golden pigtails and a pointy head with a pink nose and little eyes, the other (Luis/Jerry) was purple with black hair and laid back eyes.
6. Yeah, the city guy (Jim) beard a scary resemblance to a green Jim Morrison (LOL!), and the country girl (Marilyn/Frank) was purple with blonde hair and wore overalls
7. The Green bully (Jim) just had mean eyes and a pointy head, the purple nerd (Caroll) had no nose, glasses, and brown hair (both of these muppets had striped shirts) and Betty Lou (Frank) was the girl. Cookie Monster makes a brief appearance, performed by Jerry I believe, and voiced by Joe Raposo.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Some more questions, Ryan:

What did the AM from Lulu's Back In Town look like?
What did the AM from Co-operation Makes It Happen look like? (All I know is that he had shades and a leather jacket)

And for all of you, I want to say what I think some particular Newsflash stars look like:

Jack Be Nimble- He was lavender with orange hair, a green nose, and a striped turtleneck sweater with overalls.
Rumplestiltskin- He was the small pink AM and he had a funny hat, big black eyebrows, a light blue nose, and a white beard and moustache.
George Washington- He was also the little pink AM and had orange hair and an orange pigtail, a tricorner hat, and a vest.
Aladdin- He was green with orange hair and an orange nose, kinda like Farley, and had a turban and a vest.
The Seven Dwarfs- They are all little AMs (green, pink, brown (?), etc.) with funny hats and different colored beards.

Corrections welcome! Thanks!

BlueAM
"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head"