Favorite Bert and Ernie Sketch

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just wondering - in part for something I am working on - what is everyone's favourite Bert and Ernie sketches? Why?

Thanks.

ceecee

Reaction score
Wow! It's hard to pick just one!

But I will say the one where Ernie is painting a picture of Bert. Ernie won't let Bert see it til he is completely finished. Then, when he is done painting, Bert is so excited to see how his portrait turned out. But the painting has Bert wearing a beret (I think), glasses, and a beard. Bert gives the classic "ER-nie!" line and says how that looks nothing like him. Ernie says, no problem, I can fix that. So he slaps a hat, glasses, and fake beard on Bert to make Bert look like the painting. And of course, Bert gets mad.

I liked it when I was little because it was hilarious (and still is). I like it now because of the way Ernie handles the situation. He never lets anything get to him.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I think my favorite one is when Bert asks Ernie to make a grocery list, so Ernie is trying to find something to write with but he can't find anything (the point of the skit was to name things you can write with). Eventually Ernie wrote the list with spaghetti sauce, and the last thing on the list they needed from the store was more spaghetti sauce!

I also like the one where Ernie is making a statue of Bert but forgets the nose, so he just takes Bert's nose and puts it on the statue. That's a classic...

Or the one where Ernie is trying to make the cookies round by taking bites out of them.

--Klonoa

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I think my favorite one is when Bert asks Ernie to make a grocery list, so Ernie is trying to find something to write with but he can't find anything (the point of the skit was to name things you can write with). Eventually Ernie wrote the list with spaghetti sauce, and the last thing on the list they needed from the store was more spaghetti sauce!
According to :frown:, that's what happened last time. In the one we see, :stick_out_tongue: uses chocolate pudding to write the list.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't have any favorites but here's 1 funny part of an Ernie & Bert skit. the rhyming game when Ernie decided to quit and Bert goes up to the lamp saying hey there lamp that'a a nice shade. besides the fact it didn't rhyme he sounded rediculous talking to a lamp.

Nicole

Reaction score
My favorite was always....

My favorite Ernie and Bert moment was always the one where Bert was trying to read about a pigeon show and Ernie was reading a book about a man biting a dog. (Correct me if I am wrong about what they were reading.) The story that Ernie is reading is first sad, and Ernie starts crying and saying, "Oh Bert, this story is so sad." Next it is funny and he starts laughing hysterically while saying, "Oh Bert this story is so funny." Next it is scary, and he begs Bert to let him sleep in Bert's bed. Finally, there is a big surprise at the end of the story. Ernie says, "Wow, the end has a big surprise." Then he insists that Bert reads the story. Bert got into the story a little bit and in the mean time Ernie falls asleep.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Just wondering - in part for something I am working on - what is everyone's favourite Bert and Ernie sketches? Why?

Thanks.
My favorite B&E moment was the one (it was a real early one, reaired on PWMS) where Ernie is performing tricks with his "magic chain" and Bert was on his way to lunch. The final trick Ernie performs is turning his magic chain into a "ham sandwich". At this point we see Bert fainting! S-I-L-L-Y!

Splurge

Reaction score
How difficult to pick a favorite -- well, one of my favorites is when Ernie has a note to give to Bert, but he throws things all over the place trying to find it. He finally finds the note. Bert discovers that it was a reminder from Ernie that it was Bert's turn to clean up the apartment. :smile:

wockawocka

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:

Thanks.
"I Dance Myself to Sleep" -I know it's a song, but it's still my favorite Ernie/Bert. :stick_out_tongue:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Wow, I just had to notice the irony today:

Right after they showed the "Journey to Ernie" segment (in which Ernie is alone, without Bert) They played the old "When Bert's Not Here" sketch. It bugged me to death because I feel horrible when I see Ernie without Bert, and here he is singing about it, yet the CTW keep them split up. :grouchy: