Favorite Big Bird Moments

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Here are some of them!

The first time Big Bird meets Snuffleupagus, mainly because it's interesting to see how far the Snuffy puppet has come since his debut on the Street. And I still like Jerry's Snuffy a bit better than Martin's.

Big Bird going to school for the first time, and trying to take his desk (which is nailed to the floor) home with him because the teacher said it was "his" at the beginning of the day. This episode was also highlighted with a great performance of "ABC-DEF-GHI".

Big Bird learning about death through the passing of his father figure, Mr. Hooper.

Big Bird offering to help run Hooper's Store while Mr. Hooper studies for night school. Of course, the Birdster doesn't know where anything is and Mr. Hooper has to do everything himself.

Mr. Hooper inventing a machine that makes 10 of anything put inside it...and Big Bird putting in a garbage can...you know the rest.

Big Bird and Snuffy in Hawaii looking for Mt. Snuffleupagus.

Big Bird and Bob in formal wear, with the Bird singing the "Alphabet Song" while Bob taps on glasses of water with a spoon.

Big Bird performing "The Curious Cantata" with Maria, Luis, and (I think) Bob.

Forgetful Jones sees Snuffy running in the NYC Marathon...and when Big Bird tries to get FJ to jog his memory for Bob...he naturally forgets!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Those are wonderful moments. Remember when Mr. Hooper asks Big Bird to open the store? A phone noise scares the dung out of the bird that he nearly runs away. Big Bird rides a unicycle down Sesame Street to catch Stevie wonder while Oscar stares at him in disbelief.

BiggNate

Reaction score
A small, but funny, one was when Big Bird, Elmo, and Gordon were witnessing some firemen rescuing someone from a fire. Gordon says something like, "They're going to use the ladder to get her down." Big Bird responds with, "Good thing they brought it!"

That cracks me up.

Nate

Jackie

Reaction score
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, it's the most unusual word i've ever seen...

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, it's the most unusual word i've ever seen...
what about supercallifragilisticexpialidocious

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by TravellingMatt
"The first time Big Bird meets Snuffleupagus"
"Big Bird learning about death through the passing of his father figure, Mr. Hooper"
Yep, definately two important developing parts to Big Bird's character. My two favorite BB moments :big_grin:

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Too many classic Big Bird moments to mention.

My proposal for the Sesame Street special in 2004, to celebrate its 35th anniversary...

Guy Smiley's triumphant return to the Street will be to give the
ultimate, long-overdue tribute. He sneaks into the yeller feller's
nest, holds the big book before him and announces, BIG BIRD HERE IS YOUR LIFE!

All of the important events from SS history could be worked into the retrospective special, including clips from Christmas Eve on SS
showing him trying to find out how Santa gets down the chimneys, Don't Eat the Pictures (he was locked in the museum with Snuffy and the Egyptian prince), the touching scene dealing with Mr Hooper's Death, Suffy's coming out, Follow That Bird...

And then when the other SS residents come out to "surprise"
him, their individual tales can also be worked into the episode. Maria and Luis can remember his big cheer at their wedding, and the poem he and snuffy wrote for the baby shower when they couldn't afford a gift. Oscar can remember Big Bird's involvement in Slimey's voyage to the moon. Surely there's some scene about Gordon and Susan adopting Miles that involved Big Bird that can also be incorporated. As long as everyone's dropping in to surprise him, their own individual classic sketches could also be part of the show.

And of course the show can have a musical interlude, wherein some of the Bird's Sesame friends can perform a few of the Street's classic songs.

Cherry "the bird is the word" Pizza

Jackie

Reaction score
They should have a Guy Smilie's "HERE is your life!" and show all his past achievements. :smile:

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
Big Birds alphabet song

Big Birds Alphabet song was my favorite where he thought the alphabet was a word:smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
Re: Big Birds alphabet song

Originally posted by Gentle Giant
Big Birds Alphabet song was my favorite where he thought the alphabet was a word:smile:
The funny things was, i thought it was a word too!!! LOL!!!