Favorite Cartoons of the '80's (that are still your favorite)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
A lot of those are mine too. Especially Gadget, Heathcliff, and Ducktales!

Anyway, Talespin was 1990. I know for a fact, because it premired the day my sister was born. I was in the hospital room watching it! Great memory

LOL! That's cool! i was kinda just comenting that they were made in the 80's, I think some of the ep's say 1989 at the end of them as they were made then as in before they aird.

Yeah I also forgot the Super Mario Bros super show!!!!

I liked all the Mairo cartoons later on as well, Mario 3 was sweet!!!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ninja Turtles (soooooo much better than the new show)
Transformers

and that's basically it. And I used to watch Garfield and Friends and Muppet Babies (but I'm not sure if they're 80s)

Drtooth

Reaction score
rexcrk said:

Are you kidding? The new show is so much better than that old show. I mean, first season arguably, but after the endless barage of "Nepolian Bonafrog" and "Leather Head"... yuck! Plus, I like the VO cast and all, but in the new series they DON'T sound like 30 and 50 year ld men trying to sound like Teenagers... and the worst of it, Casey Jones came off like a freak, not a frustraied child. Besides they're sticking close to the original comic, not that Disney-fied Nonsens. I like the classic show, but the new one is actually like the comic.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Transformers

and that's basically it. And I used to watch Garfield and Friends and Muppet Babies (but I'm not sure if they're 80s)

Yes Muppet Babies and Garfield & Friends started out in the 80's :smile:

I have to say I too like the orignal TMNT, they were more goofy, but I like them that way, I miss that branny smurf Donatello! :smile: I found those voices more classic because i knew who many of the voice were,I miss the "uncle Phil" Shredder!

"they DON'T sound like 30 and 50 year ld men trying to sound like Teenagers"

true But yet we still accecpt Frank Oz to sound like a female for Miss Piggy so I find it okay. :wink:

plus the new theme song is junk....what kinda theme song is that? it isn't one! not one that would be remembered like a the orignal TMNT or like ducktales, or fraggle rock. I'm still trying to understand why they did a new scobby doo theme song for the new show? sure they should up date it i guess, but still.

The new TMNT cartoon is like the old comic, but i never read the comic's when i was young anyways, the only thing that seems orignal is splinter as well as his voice yet he was a rat to begin with and he's gray and not brown.

Zack, Rowlf the, classic keeper, Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don';t care. The original TMNT was a total ravage of the classic creators Ideas. I like to see things kept to the creators, myself. look at how crappy Ren and Stimpy became once Games animation took over. I think they trew the model sheets away...

I don't care for the theme song, myself, but I like the whole idea of a TMNT without the Napoleon Bonafrogs, Leatherheads, Pizzafaces, and the rest. I mean, I love the original, but the new one is much better, and it didn't have a third rate animation company, it bothers me when they talk out of the wrong person, or the lip sync is off terribly. Plus, I like how the Foot clan aren't family frendly robots, but real people, it gives more peril to the show.

Besides, I can't stand how Donnatello sounded like Top Cat.

Fozzie

Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Real Ghostbusters
The Muppet Babies
Garfield and Friends
He-Man
Inspector Gadget
The Smurfs

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Besides, I can't stand how Donnatello sounded like Top Cat.
I thought he sounded like Brainy Smurf myself, But i did like some of the muntant animals in the show, Backster stockmen, Ace Duck, Bebop and Rocksetady and i liked leather head (the gator right?)to name a few(although there is or/was a new version of Backster stockmen in the new show, i only watch the first few weeks of the show so i don't know if he was changed into any thing like a fly or such)

The old action figures i think made characters that weren't even on the show!

It is true thought about times when the color of the TMNT bandands would be wrong as other mistakes.But i still like the old April O-neal better;-)

Zack,

Drtooth

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
The old action figures i think made characters that weren't even on the show!

It is true thought about times when the color of the TMNT bandands would be wrong as other mistakes.But i still like the old April O-neal better;-)

Zack,
Yes. The a while down the raod they made numerous figures that weren't in the show nor the comic possibly to make money, and they had silly varients like "Clown Michaelangello" and Leonardo as Capt. Kirk. Plus the original series had thos rediculous cards with the weopons on it you had to punch out... I like the new series better.

As a cartoonist meself, I like to see things kept to the creator, and not Disneyfied or watered down or anything, mainly because I'd hit the roof if it happened to me.

When I first heard news of the series I though "Awww... no Rocksteady and Bebop?" after watching it I thought "Them stupid Mutants better not come up in here!" I like how the new show is like a better version of the movie, and I like the increased drama and none of the goofy cartoon music.

I'm sort of Glad Baxter didn't become a fly in the new one (and no, he never will). After a while the incessant buzzing got on my nerves and he seemed more like comic relief (in a heavy comedy show) than a menace.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thundercats
He-Man
She-Ra
DuckTales
Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers
Smurfs (before Baby Smurf and the kids 'n all that)
Care Bears
TMNT
Muppet Babies (NOT taken seriously as part of Muppet chronology)

and prob'ly more, but I just got up, so ain't up to muh full self right now...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never did think of MB as part of Muppet Chronology... never considered MTM either.... but that's another post for another thread for another day!