Favorite Count Von Count Moments

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Greetings! ANd now it is time for us to count all the vonderful memories of the Count Von Count on Sesame Street, ah ha ha ha ha!

The Count on "Beat The Time", where he has 20 seconds to bring forth two things that come from the sky. When he counts his 20 seconds down, the traditional thunder and lightning ensues. And what does the Count want as his prize? Another 20 seconds!

The Count sings "Eight Beautiful Notes", not to be confused with Rowlf's "Eight Little Notes".

The Count gives his irritated bats a chance to count...they can count all the Counts in the room, and he gets to count all the bats!

The Count and Susan Sarandon in a Rocky Horror spoof where they're stuck in the rain and go to a spooky castle and knock on the door. Turns out it's the Count's place...he just likes to count the times he knocks!

The Count writes a film called "Counting" (which is...well, just that) and auditions Kathleen Turner.

The Count stands on top of a lamppost to count all the lights that go on...then off...on Sesame Street. He then sleeps on top of the lamppost waiting for it to turn off, although Luis tells him to go home.

The Count sings about his first day of school. Can anyone name his ten classmates?

And one of my personal favorites...the Count sleeps over at Ernie and Bert's place, sleeping in Bert's bed while Bert crashes on the couch. Ernie gets a dose of his own medicine as the Count keeps him up all night with his counting sheep, thus rendering Ernie a walking zombie the next morning.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Once I got over my fear of the Count my favourite moment is him singing 'Lambaba'. The song makes me laugh whenever I hear it played which is about once a day since I have a copy of it on tape.

Jackie

Reaction score
Nothing can beat the Batty Bat! Oh! And Count up to Nine for me!

The first day that I went to school yes, I remember clearly
My mummy made me leave at home the spiders I loved dearly
I felt a little sad as I walked through the classroom door,
But then I saw more children than I'd ever seen before.
"Ah ha!" I cried, "this new school will be fun
For I can count all of the children one by one"

Yes, I'll count Gregory and Sue, that makes number 1 and 2
I'll count Boris and Igor that makes number 3 and 4
Maurice, Jane and Eloise, 5, 6, 7 if you please
Theodore and Adeline make number 8 and number 9
And then, I will count Ben,
For Ben is number 10

Yes, there's Gregory, Sue, and Boris
Igor, Eloise, and Maurice
Theodore, Jane and Adeline and Ben
And that makes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The teacher taught the alphabet, we had to learn each letter
The alphabet was not much fun, but then things got much better
The teacher said "My children dear, it's time for numbers now
Can anybody count to ten?"
A small voice cried "And how!"
"Just watch" I cried, "before this class is done,
I will count all of the children one by one"

Yes, I'll count Gregory and Sue, that makes number 1 and 2
I'll count Boris and Igor that makes number 3 and 4
Maurice, Jane and Eloise, 5, 6, 7 if you please
Theodore and Adeline makes number 8 and number 9
And then, I will count Ben,
For Ben is number 10

Yes, there's Gregory, Sue, and Boris
Igor, Eloise, and Maurice
Theodore, Jane and Adeline and Ben
And that makes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Alright, everybody! All together now!

There's Gregory, Sue, and Boris,
Igor, Eloise, and Morris,
Theodore, Jane, and Adeline, and Ben.
And that makes one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!

Yes, ha ha!
But those are only just some of the children in the class.
Next I must count the rest of the children.
Then I must count the children in the all the other classes in the school.
And then I will count all the children in all the schools everywhere!

Ah, let me begin!
There's Ermangart, that's eleven!
There's Gerhart, that's twelve!
Renadi, thirteen!
Steve, fourteen!
Bella, fifteen!
Oh, I love it so much!
Oh ho!

Natalie

Reaction score
Jeez! you people don't even give me a chance to name those kids! but yeah, that was a great one

the Susan Serandon has always been one of my favorites, and doing the batty bat, and when the Count sleeps over at Ernie's.

But actually my favorites are all the ones when he's at his castle. The ones with his family members or girlfriend or something (do any of you remember one like that?), and then i think there was one where Ernie was at his place and there was something with the telephone, i liked that one too.

Also i like him counting the credits at the end of FTB, that was clever.

suggsy

Reaction score
My favorite was when the mailman came to his castle with sacks of mail. Turns out Count was writing himself letters just to count them. He had this great line where Henson as the mailman says "Wow, you get a lot of letters. You must have a lot of friends" And Count goes "Friends? I have no friends." in the bets Bela Lugosi impression jerry nelson ever did.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Here are mine:

The Batty Bat
Lambaba
The Coconut Counting Man
If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake

...and there was one that I can't remember where he appears out of nowhere and is counting the stuff at a vegetable market, and the townsfolk are singing about how he's mad and should be institutionalized...I really like that one, but I've only seen it once or twice.

I also liked his car in Follow That Bird

Quinnnnnn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Jackie, I saw that segment on today's Unpaved episode, though it was on Sunday, Aug 23 at 3:30 AM! One segment which hasn't been mentioned and is one of my faves is where the Count is an elevator operator. Kermit comes to work in his trenchcoat, only to discover who's manning the elevator. The funny part of this sketch is that the Count commandeers the elevator to count all the floors in the building, while Kerm's forced to hop up the stairs. Also, I like the Count's new counting organ. This is something I've been dreaming of: an organ with different-looking monster features with each breathing out a new number. If anybody could help me by describing what each pipe looks like, I'd be very grateful.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

ssetta

Reaction score
This may be a little off subject, but it's great that there are people who still actually watch Sesame Street Unpaved, since it's only on on the weekend now. I mean, I still watch it, even though they haven't added any new shows. And you know, the fact that all the do is show the same episodes, in a way, that can be good, and bad, at the same time. I mean, I do like the ones they already have, but I think if it were to stay on, they should add more to the cycle. Of course, if they had enough shows to repeat over and over, it would be different, but I don't think 65 is enough to repeat for 3.5 years. Same thing goes for 123 Sesame Street from Season 25. I don't think they should have added Season 30, I mean, what about the other half of Season 25, or even Seasons 21-24, which haven't been on Noggin. In a way, I think a CTW channel would be better than keeping them on Noggin, if that ever happens.

And by the way, to get back on the subject, I just performed that song for my piano recital yesterday!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Hey Jackie, I saw that segment on today's Unpaved episode, though it was on Sunday, Aug 23 at 3:30 AM! One segment which hasn't been mentioned and is one of my faves is where the Count is an elevator operator. Kermit comes to work in his trenchcoat, only to discover who's manning the elevator. The funny part of this sketch is that the Count commandeers the elevator to count all the floors in the building, while Kerm's forced to hop up the stairs. Also, I like the Count's new counting organ. This is something I've been dreaming of: an organ with different-looking monster features with each breathing out a new number. If anybody could help me by describing what each pipe looks like, I'd be very grateful.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.
LOL, i know that sketch well! The Count is so obsessive, it's perfect! :smile: