Favorite DC, Marvel and King Features Hero.

Xerus

Reaction score
Who is your favorite comic hero from the DC, Marvel, and King Features companies? Mine are...

DC: Green Lantern. I like how he can create green objects just by drawing them with his ring. Very useful.

MARVEL: Reptil. I like how he can change any part of his body into a dinosaur part like a Tyrannosaurus head, raptor claws, triceratops horns, pterodactyl wings, and a brontosaurus neck.

KING FEATURES: The Phantom: Mainly because I liked the Phantom 2040 cartoon series.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
I also like Green Lantern: his power is very special. I had to think to find my favourite characters among so many:

DC: Chameleon Lad from the Legion of Super Heroes. Growing up, his character seemed so real or authentic to me, somehow. I guess also I was fascinated by change. He seemed so good, but was alien from most of the other Legionnaires. There was something in that. It seemed like there was more to him, a hidden side, yet he could join in.

Marvel: There will always be something special about the Silver Surfer. No reading experience I've had has been quite like reading the first titles of the original John Buscema series, reprinted by Marvel around 1979. A real work of art in every way. Every panel, every word and image had a resonance about it, and drama. It brought space - the stars, the darkness, - to life. It is the all-time greatest spin-off (from the Fantastic Four). Too bad it seemed to be so hard for Marvel to re-capture that again.

King: Beetle Bailey I like. Funny but not in a mean way, and I like the original, curvy art-work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Simple, Batman, The Thing and Popeye in that order.

Honorable mentions to Plasticman from DC, several others from Marvel including the Hulk and Wolverine, and uh... well, Cool McCool WAS a King Features production, so I guess he counts too.