Favorite Kermit Moments

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Everyone's got to start somewhere, and Kermit the Frog is no exception to the rule! Here's some of my favorite Kermit moments on Sesame Street!

Kermit tries to explain rectangles, but his rectangle gets destroyed by Cookie Monster.

Kermit takes applications for the Big Bad Wolf. First he gets a small bad wolf, then a medium bad wolf, before the standard Big Bad Wolf (the large blue one voiced by Jerry Nelson) shows up.

Kermit and Susan play "One Of These Things" with woodland creatures: a frog and three others who can fly. When Susan says that the frog is the one that doesn't belong, Kermit gets insulted and leaves.

Kermit and Bob interact with a real frog. Bob is trying to explain the mannerisms of the real frog, where Kermit is trying to convince him that frogs live in apartments and eat pizza & fried chicken.

Kermit tries to explain the letter W, but his letter W is a bit more active than he expected it to be.

Kermit interviews Mary and her little lamb. However, the lamb follows Kermit home instead of Mary.

Kermit goes to Piper's Pickled Pepper Patch to interview Peter Piper. However, he gets everyone else in the Piper family (whose names all begin with the letter P) except Peter, who's in Portland, pressing pants. (Great Kermit line: "This is Kermit the Frog returning you to the program in progress. Anybody have a letter Q?")

Kermit interviews Humpty Dumpty, who has just been put back together again. However, when Kermit gives Humpty a hearty slap on the back, he falls off the wall. Oops!

Kermit interviews Jack (of "Jack Be Nimble" fame) who talks a lot like Floyd, jumps over a candlestick, and breaks every bone in his body in the process. (Somewhere Gonzo is saying "WOW! What a finish!")

Kermit interviews Old MacDonald on his farm, where Old MacDonald reveals his newest acquisition: a spaceship, complete with Yip-Yip martians. (Kermit to a pig: "You remind me of someone I know!")

Kermit interviews Pinocchio, and is driven out of the picture when Pinocchio tells one lie too many. "STOP THE NOSE!"

Kermit singing "This Frog", "When I Listen In The Quiet Of The Evening", "African Alphabet", "In My Pond", and "Caribbean Amphibian".

Any of the Kermit/Don Music sketches.

Gonzo

Reaction score
* Kermit the Reporter Interviewing Pinocchio

* Kermit singing ABCs with the "HIJK Cookie Monster" little girl

* "This Frog"

* "When I Listen In The Quiet Of The Evening"

* Kermit as Salesman Grover's unwilling customer

I love my froggy.

Quinnnnnnnnn

MIKEB97

Reaction score
* The 1970 version of Being Green
* The 1976 version with Lena Horne
* Kermit interviewing the 3 little pigs while the Count interrupts him
* A Song from Kermit
* Kermit interviewing Pinocchio
* Kermit, Grover, the Count and Sully talking about the number 2
* Kermit wandering around Sesame Street with Bill cosby
* Kermit reuniting with Fanny and Shola
* Kermit interviewing Cookie Monster in school
* Kermit, Snuffy and Big Bird sleeping in "Big Bird's ,Storytime
* Kermit making letters with his magic fingers
* Kermit interviewing Cinderella and Prince Charming
* Kermit interviewing Rapunzel

Does anyone here recall a skit where Oscar and his grouch pals drive a bus through Kermit's house?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
* I Wonder 'Bout the World, Above, Up there

* Kermit and the little girl singing the alphabet (with the girl constantly saying "Cookie Monster" instead of a letter.

* Kermit singing the African Alphabet song. "A is for alligator, B is for Bayou..." Does anyone remember this one? I've only seen it once.

- Billy :cool:

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
fave kermits

>Kermit's asides before and after every disastrous Newsflash, ie. "I've heard of killing time but this is ridiculous!" and "These fairy tales are starting to get me down!"

>Anytime Kermit interacted with the monsters. Specifically, when Cookie Monster would eat his letters midway through the lecture.

>Every lesson he ever gave on 'the wall.' Funniest were: counting baby birds, talking about heavy vs. light (with Grover) and What Happens Next, and lessons on hands and feet. Kermit knew everything!:cool:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey, Traveling Matt,

The "African Alphabet Song" is on "The Best Of Kermit" Sesame Street Video that came out a few years ago--if you don't have the VHS, it's definitely worth your time and money to hunt down--especially since it's probably about six bucks.

It's got a lot of other great stuff on it too!

Quinnnnnnn

Joggy

Reaction score
Anything with Don Music

On My Pond; Polliwog Ways; This Frog; A Song From Kermit; Frogs In The Glen

The Harmony Song - Kermit sits in the swamp and tries to read a book, but he gets interrupted by a bunch of people singing, a bunch of Twiddlebugs and two YipYips making noise. He teaches them to sing harmony. Only seen it once. Cool clip!

Pinochhio newsflash

Rumplestiltskin newsflash

Kermit's What Happens Next Machine (which does not work)

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
The "African Alphabet Song" is on "The Best Of Kermit" Sesame Street Video that came out a few years ago--if you don't have the VHS, it's definitely worth your time and money to hunt down--especially since it's probably about six bucks.
Thanks, Quinn. I'll check that out. I've been trying to locate it, and I figured someone would know.

- Billy :cool: