Favorite Long and Short skits

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorite long and short skit was this gas station manager who was a big blue muppet was busy shining up his pump until a green Muppet drove in with a classic looking car. He asked the manager to fill his car up with gas and hopes it won't take a long time. As the manager was filling up the guy's car, another customer needed some service, so the manager went over and filled up that car in a snap. And another one came and the manager filled it up quickly too. While the green guy was still waiting for his gas tank to be full. He asked the manager, how could he fill up those cars in a short time when it's taking a long time to fill up his car.
Then a tiny toy car drove up and it looked like a Twiddlebug was driving it. He asked in a cute voice if his car can be filled up. The manager took a little eye dropper and gave a quick squirt of gas to the tiny car, which explained the reason why some cars take longer to fill while others are very short.

I just hope that manager won't make a mistake and use that gas filled eye dropper on his eyes.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Oh, the only long/short skit I can remember now is the one where they used old black and white movie footage of a guy stretching and squishing his car with some narration dubbed over. "Oh, now it's long...now it's short again!"

--Klonoa

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The long and short of it

Way back in the distant land of the 70's, David and Maria appeared in a skit pretending they were in a restaurant. They both order spaghetti, and Maria polishes hers off in a very short time, thanks to speeding up the film.
David eats his spaghetti while shot in slow motion, so it takes a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. At the end, the waiter brings him another plate of spaghetti, while Maria faints.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts but what about the Ernie & Bert sketch where Ernie brough home some licorice. He gave one piece to Bert and one for himself. Bert's was longer, so Ernie cut of a piece of Bert's and ate it. Then Ernie's was too long so he cut another piece and ate it. This continues with Bert getting more frustrated. Bert stops him and asks to start over with a new piece. Ernie takes one out, lays it next to the remaining short piece, and starts the process all over again. Bert exasperated, just gives up any hope of getting a piece of licorice.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yep, the licorice did count as a long and short clip. :smile:

Another skit I liked was Kermit standing in the snow for he heard a report that somebody had been standing out in the snow for a long time. He asked every person that went by, but they only said they've been out for a short time.

For a long time Kermit waited, and he was buried deep in snow sneezing to death. Then Harvey Kneeslapper came along and he told Kermit he was the one who made the call about the long time in the snow person. Kermit asked who it was. And Harvey screamed, "YOU!" and he started laughing so hard about the prank he put Kermit through and left. And an angry Kermit charged through the snow shouting loud and really fast, "I'MGONNAGETYOUHARVEYKNEESLAPPER!"

Censored

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Yep, the licorice did count as a long and short clip. :smile:

Another skit I liked was Kermit standing in the snow for he heard a report that somebody had been standing out in the snow for a long time. He asked every person that went by, but they only said they've been out for a short time.

For a long time Kermit waited, and he was buried deep in snow sneezing to death. Then Harvey Kneeslapper came along and he told Kermit he was the one who made the call about the long time in the snow person. Kermit asked who it was. And Harvey screamed, "YOU!" and he started laughing so hard about the prank he put Kermit through and left. And an angry Kermit charged through the snow shouting loud and really fast, "I'MGONNAGETYOUHARVEYKNEESLAPPER!"

I LOVED that one! :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
Yea, I loved those!

There was also a very rare computer animated one from the early 90s. A dog and a woman were waiting for the bus, and the dog said that the bus would probably come in a short time. And he talked about when it was his birthday, and that he had been waiting for a long time. But he blew out his candles in a very short time. And as he kept babbling, it changed from daytime to nighttime, and then daytime again. By now, the lady is asleep. Soon, the bus finally comes. And while the dog is STILl babbling, the lady said, "OH! HERE COMES THE BUS!!" And the dog said, "See, I told you the bus would come in a short time." And the lady said, "SHORT TIME?? HOW COULD YOU SAY SHORT TIME?? WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG, LOOONG, LOOOOOOOONG TIME!!!" And the dog says, "Well, that all depends on what you call a "long, long, long time. It's longer than a long, long time, which is longer than a long time............" They were on the bus, and he just kept babbling on, and the lady said, "I think this will be a very LONG bus ride."