1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Muppet Couples

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Abb Green, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

My fav couples are Piggy/Kermit and Waldorf/Astoria.

Who are your fav pairings? And don't JUST say Piggy/Kermit!
  2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Me & Animal *in my head* :p:crazy::laugh:

But seriously there isn't many couples or couples brought out enough as Piggy & Kermit. Like Floyd & Janice. I would like to say Floyd & Janice, even though it hasn't been brought out enough.
    MuppetLuver2000 and heralde like this.
  3. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

Yeah, there aren't so many muppet couples out there. Piggy & Kermit, Floyd & Janice, Gonzo & Camilla, Waldorf & Astoria and... that is all, I guess.

Now if we're talking all sorts of duos, including friendly/brotherly relationship and not just romantic couples, then there are so many great ones. I always loved the Gonzo & Rizzo pairing in the movies, for instance.
    Hayley B likes this.
  4. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

When thinking of duos. Kermit and Fozzie makes a great buddy team. I do like Gonzo and Rizzo together as well.

With thinking of Sesame Street. I like Oscar & Slimey. Also Big Bird & Snuffie.
  5. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

And should we even mention these two guys: :p:(
    Possibly the greatest buddy duo ever.
    Hayley B likes this.
  6. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

Geez, how could I forget Wayne and Wanda!
  7. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Janice & Floyd fersure :sing::flirt:
    MuppetLuver2000 and Hayley B like this.
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

For me there's no contest. Gonzo and Camilla, provided we've established which chicken Camilla is. :cluck::cluck::cluck::concern::cluck::cluck:
    Enginerd, newsmanfan and heralde like this.
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    Oh yeah! Gonzo and his chickie-babe! Maybe not as much drama as the frog & pig, but hey...love is a many feathered thing... :concern::cluck:

As far as buddy couples, I thought Rizzo and Pepe made a hilarious duo, snarking, plotting, and scoping out the babes! :shifty::rolleyes:

---------------
    Zeliboba likes this.
  10. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

I think Pepe and Seymour from 'The Muppets Tonight' was a hilarious couple as well:

- I'm Pepe!
    - I'm Seymour!
    - We're two of a kind!
    - I'm a little bit forward
    - And I've got a big behind! :D

This duo was one of the best things about 'The Muppets Tonight', and pity Seymour never reappeared after.
    KissesToKermie and miss kermie like this.
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Gonzo and Rizzo!
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

My favorite Muppet couple would have to be Gonzo and Camilla.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Kermit & Miss Piggy it's not like you can tell by my avatar or anything. :p
  14. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

Here's another great buddy combo we forgot about, for some reason: :sleep::boo:

And here's another (thanks, Cap, as а if that's a news): :confused::eek:
    newsmanfan likes this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

All I gotta say is being a Kermit and Piggy fan is almost as draining as if you were in the relationship itself. Never know what Kermit is gonna say. LOL!
    TheWeirdoGirl and heralde like this.
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree, gotta be Floyd and Janice. :sing: :flirt: I love how they became such a great team when Richard took over. Floyd needed someone to bounce his "hip talk" off of, and support him when the show got too square. Zoot is too, um, out of it, heh. Animal needs looking after, to say the least, lol. And Dr. Teeth is more mellow and laid back and wouldn't necessarily be given to Floyd's righteous indignation over doing something so conventional as Robin Hood. But Janice is just as annoyed at having to do the jousting number from Camelot as Floyd is, lol.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

All I know is I better see more Kermit and Piggy moments in the new movie. But that's another post. XP
    MJTaylor and DramaQueenMokey like this.
  18. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I love Floyd and Janice, but Kermit and Piggy will always be my OTP! I mean, their relationship shows us this:

1. Love isn't a fairy tale, which is realistic, as they don't agree all the time and are prone to fighting, but, both of them can drop it eventually and make up
    2. Their differences are great, I mean, here's the little frog who takes the world on his shoulders all the time with a heart of gold and then there's Piggy, a real ham (excuse the pun) who will HI-YA anyone and everything in her way and who believes she's the center of the universe which is really her hiding pain from the past (if you take in account the original back story Frank Oz gave her), yet, she has a soft spot for her frog and although he's shy about it, he truly does care for the bullet that is Miss Piggy! (I say bullet because she comes at you with such force and you're hit with charisma, strength, and a nice big helping of danger all in one :D )
    and 3. They make me believe in love :) (mainly because of what I've said already)
  19. Pinkflower7783

Oh my word I could not have said that better myself!! I might have to start a conversation with you since you love Kermit and Piggy it seems as much as I do. LOL!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I always wonder if Piggy was a little jealous there. I mean even the two hippie weirdos managed to get together, meanwhile she and her man are still singing "I Won't Dance," lol. :mad:
    DramaQueenMokey and Hayley B like this.