Favorite Muppet movie scenes?

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Muppet Movie: Let's not forget Steve Martin tasting the wine Kermit orders, spitting it across the room and proclaiming it an "excellent choice."

Muppet Caper: Totally agree on the scene where Piggy gives Kermit a tour of John Cleese's house. "I'm sure there's a bathroom and everything."

Muppets Take Manhattan: Kermit pitching the new ad campaign "Ocean Breeze Soap Will Get You Clean" with the executive frogs.

Muppets from Space: Pepe in the tutu!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Great Gonzo
Muppet Movie: Let's not forget Steve Martin tasting the wine Kermit orders, spitting it across the room and proclaiming it an "excellent choice."

LOL!!! I loved that part, Steve Martin is great!

Ernie101

Reaction score
The wedding sequence in the MTM was great seeing muppets and SS muppets colide for the wedding of the century!

Joggy

Reaction score
STEVE MARTIN! I completely forgot about that scene! OMG, I thought he was the funniest actor in the Muppet Movie, as a waiter in shorts!

"YES?! CAN I HELP YOU?!!!"

"Ohhhh - May I?!"

"Would you like to smell the bottle cap?"

:big_grin:

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
I also thought that both Bob Hope and Milton Berle were both good cameos as well as Ed Koch and Gregory Hines in TMTM:smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
TMM:
Meeting the band in the church.
"The Magic Store/Rainbow Connection finale"
The end credits w/the Muppets sitting and talking (wish we could have heard some of those conversations!).

GMC:
The opening - there's a robbery and all this stuff going on, and what are Gonzo, Fozzie and Kermit doing? Trying to take a picture of a chicken. It cracks me up every time.
"Happiness Hotel": Kermit: What's wrong with the drummer? He looks a little crazed. Zoot: Oh, he's just upset about missing the Rembrandt exhibit at the National Gallery. Animal: Renoir!

MCC:
Scrooge: How would the staff like to suddenly find themselves...UNEMPLOYED?!? Rats: Heat wave!
After Gonzo and Rizzo are dragged through the woods when they hitch a ride with Scrooge to the past, as they land... Rizzo: Ah, safe at last. (meow) (Rizzo looks behind him and sees a cat, turns back to the audience) No.
The gate-jumping scene, and Gonzo's reaction when he finds out that Rizzo can easily fit through the bars of the gate.
"Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat!"
"Bless Us All" and the final scene w/everyone in the Cratchit home and then spilling out into the street.

MTI:
Benjamina's reunion with Captain Smollet...she karate chops him straight into the pig natives' gong :big_grin:
The "How DOES she DO that" running gag from the beginning of the film.
Gonzo and his ninja star-throwing starfish!

MFS:
Pepe in a tutu, okay?
Fozzie washing his hands after going to the bathroom and washing off the invisibility spray. Now we know what happens when espionage and personal hygiene collide :wink:

-Kim

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
"Happiness Hotel": Kermit: What's wrong with the drummer? He looks a little crazed. Zoot: Oh, he's just upset about missing the Rembrandt exhibit at the National Gallery. Animal: Renoir!
:big_grin: I just got that!!! Oh, that's so good :big_grin:

I have so many favorites I can't choose...but I really love the band scenes..especialy in TMM...oh, but MCC is great where animal get's frustrated hitting the little bell...that cracks me up...

that's one at least that I don' t think anyone's mentioned :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's mine

TMM: The scene in which Foz and Kermie meet the Electric mayheim, The part with Big Bird in "Moving right along,"and the part with Mel Brooks as a Nazi Scientist.

GMC: Happiness Hotel Number, The opening Number, John Cleese ("The Butler's dead?" "NO, No,no! The pets are dead, the butler's been discharged") and the running gags. P{lus when Piggy and Kermit fight! ANd let's not forget Oscar's breif cameo!

MTM: Haven't seen it in a while....

MCC: I'd say the part with Sam the Eagle.

MTI: TOugh call! I liked Cabin Fever and Fozzie's entire role.

MFS: WHen Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayheim fil in for Gonzo for the Bar
Mitzvah (Shaloooome!!!)

MFC: The part with Janice and Cookie Monster!