1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite Muppet Performer Cameos

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by gavry3, Feb 4, 2017.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Well, I thought this would be a good thread.

I recently watched The Blues Brothers, and noticed that one of the police officers was Frank Oz. Then later it showed a man wanting to buy a Grover and Miss Piggy doll.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone else know some good cameos?

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  2. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

I love Jim Henson's cameo in The Great Muppet Caper.

It took me years to find out that the biker that throws Fozzie towards the piano at the saloon in The Muppet Movie was actually Frank Oz. That was a great cameo.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I love Jim's cameos in both the Muppets 30th Anniversary special and Muppets Family Christmas. It's very beautiful and satisfying, and a little bitter-sweet to see him there, marveling at the big, loving, out of control family he created.

Cookie Chris likes this.
  4. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

Oh yeah, I love his cameos in those two as well.

And Jerry Nelson's cameo during a Season 40 episode is one of my favorites:

Steve Whitmire's cameo as the hippie "Rainbow" in Muppets from Space was very clever.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  5. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

6. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

Marty Robinson getting his shoes shined on Sesame Street.

7. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it, but I really like the appearance, although very brief, of Richard Hunt getting caught in the traffic jam after the first verse of The Great Muppet Caper's "Hey, A Movie!" It's fairly funny and spontaneous on its own, but all the more enjoyable when you know who it is.

gavry3 likes this.
  8. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Wow, I don't think I noticed that!

I found a Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire cameo while watching... *ugh*, Muppets Wizard of Oz.
    [​IMG]

Bliffenstimmers and WhoseLineFan like this.
  9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I really love the cameo Jerry Nelson made with his daughter, considering how much that would have meant to Jerry after she passed away. :cry:

Any Jim cameo makes me grin as if I've been huffing happy gas.

But my all-time favourite cameo is still Steve in The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show. When I finally meet him, I'll be asking how exactly someone who seems to be so camera shy ended up being roped into doing that.

I still think he lost a bet to Richard Hunt.

10. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

What? Since when was Steve in that?

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Hm. It's really hard to recognize him, especially when (I think) he had long hair before that.

13. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Has anyone ever noticed Richard Hunt's cameo on SS?

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  14. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

The one where he played a birdwatcher looking for big bird?

15. gavry3

gavry3 Active Member

Yep!

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

My friend and I were watching "Muppet Treasure Island" the other day so I came up with another one. Jerry Nelson's cameo as Squire Trewlaney's butler.

gavry3 likes this.