1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Favorite Muppet Quote

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetLabsBoy, Sep 17, 2009.

1. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

There are lots of very funny or known lines that the Muppets said. What's your favorite?

Mine is from The Dark Crystal :scary: when Kyra says to Jen about his wings, "Of course not, you're a boy

2. jwalter409

jwalter409 New Member

I love many of the quotes from Labyrinth, mostly "I am exhausted from living up to your expectations. Isn't that generous?" And "I'm not Bean. I'm a fire breathing dragon." from theTale of the Bunny Picnic.

3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Hmm...this is a tough question. My favorites would probably be the awkward silence scenes from GMC and MTM.

And also Sarah's "You have no power over me" monologue.

4. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

Good Grief! the comedians a bear!:o

5. Gelfling Girl

and I'm also very fond of the quote "There are no rules, and those are the rules." said by Cantus. It really shows how music is really all about artistic creativity and expressing yourself. :sing::flirt:

Also, LOL, muppets2, it seems that everywhere one of us posts, the other follows. ;)

6. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea because it the most recent post

LOL

7. APRena

APRena New Member

“I've gone way beyond afraid. Right now I'm somewhere between bedwetting and a near death experience."-- :shifty:

8. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

No he's -a not!He's -a wearing a neck-a-tie!
    Wokka Wokka Wokka!

My second favorite:
    :hungry: "Der flim is okee dokee!" (from TMM )

9. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

well also like the swedish chefs borks:hungry::hungry::)

10. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Some good ones...

Worm guy: Ello.
    Sarah: Did you just say Hello?
    Worm guy: No, I said ello, but that's close enough.

Fozzie: Oh, I'm so nervous. If I'm not funny, I won't be able to live with myself.
    Bunsen: Well, then you'll have to get another apartment, won't you?

Billy Bones: Aye, but also, beware running with scissors or any other pointy object! It's all good fun, until someone loses an eye!

Sam: Kermit, does this film have socially redeeming value?

Miss Piggy: That may be true, but I am a woman first.
    Rowlf: No, you're not. You're a pig first. Nurse second. I don't think woman made the top 10.

Fozzie: A bear in his natural habitat. A Studebaker.

Kermit: That's pretty dangerous building a road in the middle of the street. I mean, if frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the Schwinn.

11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Pepe: "Si, and I'm so gosh darn sexy it hurts!"

Gonzo: "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."

Floyd: "I have a room for life at the Home for the Chronically Groovy!"

Bobo: "The GOAT?"

Fozzie: "You see, my problem was my need to tell jokes."
    Floyd: "Yeah, that was OUR problem too!"

Gonzo: "Wow! We're in a sewer! Gee... nothing can touch the magic of Disney..."

Gonzo: "Walt Disney's Laundry-Land! Lordy, it's a dream come true."

Rat Tourist 1: "I'm gettin' tired!"
    Rat Tourist 2: "What'd he say?"
    Rat Tourist 3: "He said go faster!"
    Rat Tourist 1: "I'M GETTIN TIRED!"

I could go on and on and on and on... :p

12. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

"You hear that, New York? I'm staying! The frog is staying!"- Kermit in "The Muppets Take Manhattan"

"Shame on you! We don't want the bad guys to win."- Fozzie Bear in "The Great Muppet Caper"

"I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me."- Kermit in "The Muppet Movie"

(Okay, so those aren't particularly funny- but they are quotes that stick out to me from those movies.)

Here's a few funnier ones I like-

"I brought the paper towels."- Lew Zealand in "The Great Muppet Caper"

"No, honey. That's a frog. Bears wear hats."- Jerry Nelson in "The Great Muppet Caper"

"The table set for eight reportedly ate the eight it was set for." - from the Muppet Newsman sketch on the Vincent Price episode of "The Muppet Show"

"Where we come from, this is small talk."- Bert in "Muppet Family Christmas"

"No, no- it was the frog's idea."- Rat bookkeepers mumbling in "The Muppet Christmas Carol".

"The frog is here to have his say. The pig will never have her way. Bib and napkin, knife and fork is the only way that I'll touch pork."- Kermit
    "WHAT? HI-YA!"- Miss Piggy
    (LOL! Can't remember the episode right now- but classic TMS moment):):mad::o

13. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Oh, almost forgot some of my favorite Sam the American Eagle quotes-
    "You are all weirdos!"- "The Great Muppet Caper"
    "Is nothing sacred?"- "Muppet Family Christmas"
    "It's the American way!" (Gonzo whispers to Sam) It's the British way!"- "The Muppet Christmas Carol"

And one of my all time favorites-
    "Why am I here?"- "Muppet Family Christmas"
    :attitude:

14. Gelfling Girl

Gonzo: Maybe we could sell the show if we wrote in more special effects...like exploding socks!

Janice: Oh, Gonzo, like, that's a really lame idea.

Gonzo: Oh, yeah?

Floyd: Hey, man, stop yelling at her.

Fozzie: He wasn't yelling.

Gonzo: Yes I was!

Scooter: Oh, Gonzo, don't make trouble.

Animal: FIGHT! FIGHT!

15. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

life's like a movie write your own ending keep believing keep pretending

16. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

I don't know how to thank you guys :0
    I don't know why to thank you guys :)

17. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

Kermit: [navigating in the Studebaker] Bear left.
    Fozzie: Right, frog.

18. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

Dr. Teeth: Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence

Floyd Pepper: We am, is, are, and be, they whom as are known as: The Electric Mayhem!

Kermit: I didn't promise anybody anything. What do I know about Hollywood, anyway? Just a dream I got from sitting through too many double features.
    Kermit's Conscience: So why did you leave the swamp in the first place?
    Kermit: 'Cause some agent fella said I had talent. He probably says that to everybody.
    Kermit's Conscience: On the other hand, if you hadn't left the swamp, you'd be feeling pretty miserable anyhow.
    Kermit: Yeah. But then it would just be me feeling miserable. Now I got a lady pig, and a bear and a chicken, a dog, a thing, whatever Gonzo is. He's a little like a turkey.
    Kermit's Conscience: [Kermit's Conscience is sitting on a rock behind him] Mmm - Yeah. A little like a turkey, but not much.
    Kermit: No I guess not. Anyhow, I brought them all out here to the middle of nowhere, and it's all my fault.
    Kermit's Conscience: Still, whether you promised them something or not, you gotta remember - they wanted to come.
    Kermit: But... that's because they believed in me.
    Kermit's Conscience: No, they believed in the dream.
    Kermit: Well, so do I but...
    Kermit's Conscience: You do?
    Kermit: Yeah! Of course I do.
    Kermit's Conscience: Well then?
    Kermit: Well then... I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.

19. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Bean: I'm not really Bean, I'm a fire breathing dragon!

Boober: I don't think I'll ever understand pop music.

Big Bird: Oh, hi! I'm Big Bird.
    Miss Piggy: No kidding.

Kermit: Good grief, the comedian's a bear.
    Fozzie: No he's-a not, he's-a wearin' a neck-a-tie!

Sam the Eagle: You are all weirdos!

Count: Greetings, I am The Count. They call me The Count because I love to count things.

Ernie: Heeeeeeeeere fishy, fishy, fishy!

Kermit: You hear me, New York? We're gonna be on Broadway because I'm not givin' up!

Lugsy: (To Bean): You know, you may be little on the outside, but you're one big hero on the inside.

Scooter: Have you seen the scene? Even when you know what it is, you don't know what it is!

20. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

Here's a quote I like from the Chris Langham episode of the Muppet Show. Statler and Waldorf are conversing in their theater box after a backstage scene...

Waldorf: Well, if you ever think about it, there are these strange pauses in this show when nothing happens onstage.
    Statler: Let's not think about it!