1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Muppet Ships

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by WhiteRabbit, Jun 14, 2009.

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Okies, we all know that the number one spot will be forever held by Kermie/Piggy so that goes without saying. =3 However, I was wondering if there are any other ships, cute and/or bizarre that we MCers like to follow. :halo: Crossovers and slash work so don't feel hesitant to share. XPP

Mine:
    Floyd/Janice (It's adorable, it's been confirmed for decades, what's not to love?)

Zoot/Janice (Short lived, but still cute)

Zoot/Lips (Zoot needs luff. Long story for another time.)

Random Whatnot Chick dance partner/Usually Eren Ozker charrie/Rowlf (I don't care if it's inter species dating...Rowlf needs luff. =P)

Random Whatnot Chick, etc./Dr. Teeth (...all right, I'll share. *sigh* *mutter Willkommen rawr hiss* )

Link/Connie Stevens Muppet (Connie Stevens Muppet needs luff.)

Beaker/Spamela (See Fun With Photoshop thread.)

Beaker/Bunsen ("Why, Beaker...you're hauntingly attractive today..." "May I cut in...?" You can experiment but you can't hide.) =PPPPP

Nigel/Taminella Grinderfall (............I don't know. :confused:)

Sam/Mildred (...I'm not mean enough to put him with Taminella and they seem to be around the same age. I know she's meant for George, but this has just been stuck in my head for some reason. =P Sam needs luff.)

Spamela/Clifford (Anybody who's looked in the dorms recently would probably know why. ;3)

Wayne/Wanda/Uncle Deadly Love Triangle (Think Phantom of the Opera... =PPP Uncle Deadly needs lu--I think you get it.)

Sweetums/Juliet Prowse Muppet (Sweetums needs-- *is slapped with a trout*)

And that's about it for now. =P
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Seymour and Pepe. :rolleyes: Johnny and Sal. Floyd and Janice.
  3. WhiteRabbit

Don't be too enthusiastic now. =P
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Floyd/Janice
    Link/Piggy
    Wayne/Wanda
    Sweetums-Robin friendship :3
    Rowlf/the little white dog in the Doggin' It Song:3 (one of my first ships I think)
    Rowlf/Afghan Hound
    Gaffer-Foofoo frienemies
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Only Muppets?

Kermit/Piggy
    Gonzo/Piggy (also works with Baby versions, since there's more of it)
    Gonzo/Camilla
    Zoot/Lips (wasn't all that into it at first, but I've been convinced :p)
    Floyd/Janice
    Animal/the rabbit
    Bunsen/Beaker
    Scooter/Fozzie (as long as we're making stuff up :p)
    Link/Strangepork
    Digit/Vicki
    Flash/Drummer (whom Cait named Francine in A Robotic Heart)
    Big Bird/Snuffy
    Elmo/Zoe (even though I'm just throwing that out there, since I don't see them much, since I don't see SS much anymore)
    The Twiddlebug couple
    Grover/Johnson
    Forgetful Jones/Clementine
    Don Music/His Piano :p
    Ernie/Rubber Duckie
    Gobo/Red
    Boober/Mokey
    Boober/Wembley
    Wembley/Cotterpin
    Cotterpin/Wrench
    Cotterpin/Waldo
    Pa/Ma Gorg
    Boober/Tosh
    Tosh/Beastie
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oh I should add:

Gonzo/Piggy (babies or adults :D)
    Gobo/Red
    Mokey/Boober
    Cantus/Mokey
    Uncle Matt/Storyteller
    Marlon/Tosh
    Murray/Brio

if we are doing fraggles to :)
  7. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Gonzo/Camilla
    Kermit/Piggy
    Floyd/Janice
    Animal/Female Whatnot from the At the Dance segments
    Baskerville/Afghan Hound
    Mildred/George
    Wayne/Wanda

I can't bring myself to ship Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street characters. Except perhaps Uncle Matt/Storyteller and Ma/Pa Gorg.
  8. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Okay, I've decided to post my fave main Muppet ships here. Here we go!

~~~

~Kermit/Piggy (Given)
    ~Gonzo/Camilla (Also given)
    ~Floyd/Janice (ALSO given)
    ~Zoot/Lips (One of it's few supporters.)
    ~Bunsen/Beaker (See Ailie's reasoning, it basically explains it all.)
    ~Digit/Vicki (... come on! It looked AND sounded like Vicki kissed him when she supposedly hit the button to turn him on in episode 1! They were also by each other during "Chattanooga Choo-Choo", AND Vicki was SO making puppy-dog eyes at him during "Just to See Her Again" in episode 7! And who did Digit test his puppetry skills on first in Secrets of the Muppets? ... my point exactly. Rant over... for now...)
    ~Flash/Solid Foam Drummer AKA Francine (I think I basically created this one)
    ~Cotterpin/Waldo (*raises hand* Co-creator.)
    ~Leon/Vazh (Vazh's from the Gorch segments on SNL. I can totally see them flirting with each other. XP)
    ~Lips/Trumpet Girl (Used to support it. I can see them dating back in the late-TMS days, actually.)
    ~Dr. Teeth/Brown-haired Whatnot Girl (Don't know if they've danced with each other or not, but it might work, in my opinion.)
    ~Animal/Red-haired Whatnot Girl from At the Dance (Since they've danced so many times...)

~~~

And that's basically it for now.
  9. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Ships means love, right?... *** is with Zoot/Lips! NO! Zoot is a straighty and so is Lips!

Anyways.
    Kermit/Piggy.
    Gonzo/Camilla
    Rowlf/Cat that someone wrote a fic about.
    Fozzie/ bachalor's life.
    Sam/ America
    Floyd/Janice
    Link/Annie
    Bert/Betty Lou
    Tom Servo/Blender [See if anyone gets this...]
    Princeton/Kate Monster.
    Trekkie/PR0N!
    Mildred/George
    Droop/Miss Mousey.
    Clifford/Zondra [I pictured those two together...]
    Oscar/Grungetta
    Gobo/Red
    Boober/Mokey
    Zoe/Elmo
    Biff/Stella [YO!]
    Scooter/Vicky
    Digit/Computer
    Slim Wilson/Lou.

So, Kermit was next to Gonzo for Chattanooga. And Vicky was Stareing at the guest star. Dr.Teeth put his arm around her too. :p

And for random/Made up ones...
    Sweetums/Slimey.
    Yoda/Jen a Gelfing.
    Hoggle/Bean Bunny.
    Grover/ Lucy the slu...you know the rest.
    Ernie/Cookie
    Crazy Harry/ Jowls
    Spamela/Pepe.
  10. WhiteRabbit

Yeah...uh, no offense but we can ship whoever we want. =P

And I think they're cute. =3
    Zoot the Saxer likes this.
  11. AnimatedC9000

LamangoNumber2, everyone has different ships that they support, and everyone has their own opinions. No need to make a big deal out of everything.

So, I support a relationship between Zoot and Lips. So what? I think that it's cute.

I also support Digit/Vicki for a reason: I can see a potential romance between them.

So you see, it doesn't matter if you don't agree with another pairing that someone ships. Everyone has their own opinion and that's what matters.
  12. RedPiggy

Skeeter/Piggy!
  13. LamangoNumber2

But Digit is a robot. He can not feel love! DX
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

As far as being random goes I forgot to put Kermit/Skeeter :D
  15. AnimatedC9000

Digit is a semi-robotic person. There is a difference. A MAJOR difference.
  16. RedPiggy

Agreed ... there were times I had hoped for those two to hook up.
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm a HUGE supporter of Piggy/Gonzo shipping, but mainly in the Dark Universe from VMC, where I think it works. Or in Muppet Babies. I just think that Gonzo may have the kind of strong personality that could give Piggy a run for her money.

Of course, on the Muppet Show, Kermit was certainly suited for her, and she for him. But since those days, as Kermit's leadership etc seem to get a little weaker, and Gonzo's get a little stronger, they seem to work well together.

Also, unabashedly, Janice/Sam shipping. Based on a dream I once had. Also Janice/Scooter.

Beauregard/Mildred...HUGE fan of that shipping, although she of course kinda belongs with Georgie.
  18. WhiteRabbit

Just adding one more: Okays, It's been established enough that I'm a huge Floyd/Janice shipper but there's been a couple of Janice/Dr. Teeth moments I think are kinda cute too and they hardly ever interact with each other which...makes it...more...something...? =P

1. They danced together in the Petula Clark (Or was it Theresa Brewer?) episode.
    2. He saved her from the cannibal pigs in With A Little Help From My Friends. =3 Yesh, the others were there too but he did the untying and stuff. It was kinda sweet. :halo:

I know they're only friends. XP But I can't help but think it would make a good fanfic.
  19. You know I always did kind of liked Zoot/Janice.
  20. LamangoNumber2

Dr.Teeth only did the Untying, cause he has working fingers. Animal couldn't have done it, since he was busy playing the drums...