1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Muppet Ships

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by WhiteRabbit, Jun 14, 2009.

1. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I have some affection for Johnny and Janice possibly getting together. I thought of writing a one-shot where they begin dating after fighting with their respective partners.
  2. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

...and what was Floyd doing? And Zoot? :confused: They have...um...working fingers...
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*falls off seat*
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh puh-lease, as if you never contemplated the working fingers of those very same Muppets. :shifty:
  5. Beauregard

I...That was a typo! I meant to type Zoot and Janice and you know it!
  6. theprawncracker

Uh huh... for sure. Definitely. I know exactly what you're thinking. :attitude:
  7. Beauregard

Well, I am so glad that you know so much about my mind, Prawnie...
  8. theprawncracker

You're the one who let me end! Against my will, mind you!
  9. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

where is the fun with photoshop thread
    Beaker/Spamela (See Fun With Photoshop thread.)

white rabbit
  10. WhiteRabbit

Heah

Don't feel bad, I hardly ever get acknowledged. ; P
  11. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Cookie Monster and Spamela.
  12. Forg

Forg New Member

Surely it has to be Fozzie and Raquel Welch?
    That one was so sweet, a sex symbol like her needs a humble man (ahem...bear) to keep her down to earth. And all women like a sense of humour right?

I've been toying with 2 ideas in some muppet show fanfics the first one is to develop on that little spark we saw with Johnny Fiama & Piggy in Wizard of OZ-not the best film I agree but I like the idea of Johnny being smitten with Piggy and her using him to make Kermit jealous. I can just see her walking all over him and him being reduced to a slobbering fool in love-and it would work as well seeing Kermit get the most jealous ever (cue green with envy jokes, I also want a Piggy has a thing for green joke in their too possibly from Floyd) I reckon Piggy would dump Johnny by saying his mother told her too which he would accept right away. And some scenes with Sal being overprotective of Johnny towards Piggy (get a Piggy vs. Sal in there too karate chops ahoy).

My other ship feature in a storyline which would develop on an idea just posted here by Beauregard that Gonzo takes over more as leader of the muppet show and again Kermit gets jealous as he is considered boring and everyone turns to Gonzo who ruins the show with being overly weird but everyone laps it up. Anyway the culmination of the story would see Gonzo have everything Kermit has (including Piggy, however in this version she is smitten for him) it would be like a bad dream for Kermit with Gonzo remaking the Muppet Movie (in the show we would only see the opening scene with Gonzo in the swamp) and his ego taking over with pictures everywhere of his face etc. etc. I'd like this storyline to be the first muppet 2 parter because the story can end on a cliffhanger of Kermit's life being stolen and the second episode's guest could not recognize Kermit and ask for Gonzo's autograph. When the storyline finishes however we see some classic Piggy & Gonzo arguing.
    May all sound a bit overly dramatic but remember Gonzo's taken over the show-it would be full of weirdness and the comedy plot would involve Gonzo's ineptitude

Anyway that's my idea for shipping-sorry to have gone on and off topic a bit but I had to explain my choices.

Piggy/Johnny Piggy/Gonzo & ultimately Piggy/Kermit

I would also like to see more from established couples such as Gonzo/Camilla & Floyd/Janice etc.
  13. WhiteRabbit

XD I'd love to see his mom's reaction if he brought Raquel home. XPPP
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oscar the Grouch X Marjorie the Trash Heap... it COULD work.
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

LOL ... I've thought of that myself actually. :grouchy:
  16. theprawncracker

I actually wrote a fan-fic whose main focus was on Muppet relationships--er... the breaking up of them, rather. It was called "Men Are Pigs" and it focussed on Kermit and Piggy breaking up, along with Gonzo and Camilla, Floyd and Janice, and Clifford and Skeeter (one we've put together over in the fan-fic circle...).

After the break-ups, the girls all go and find new guys to pretend to be dating to make the others jealous. Piggy goes with Link, Camilla goes with Sam, Janice goes with Zoot, and Skeeter goes with Johnny Fiama. It was really fun to explore those various relationships.
  17. WhiteRabbit

Aw yesh...but guess who was always the dominant one...? O_O

XPPPP That's why it didn't last.
  18. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

...Aren't you the one who also wrote the Rowlf marrying a cat fic? If you did, I love you.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

No... The author of Rowlf's Stories was redBoobergurl. And that cat was named Wanda. You can find links to hers and afew other fanfics in the Library Index thread in that section. *Shameless plug.

Ships? Sure, why not.
    Kermit/Piggy.
    Robin/Megan, Happily Ever After? fanfic.
    Gonzo/Camilla.
    Floyd/Janice.
    Rowlf/Wanda.
    Rowlf/Foo-Foo.
    Scooter/Sara (MC's ReneeLouvier).
    Skeeter/Clifford.
    Clifford/Spamela.
    Beaker/Spamela.
    Uncle D/Spamela, some fanfic ideas in m'mind, possible take-off/Muppet reenactment of Beetlejuice like others in the fanfics.
    Uncle Deadly/Auntie Eleanor, Sadie's Stories fanfics.
    Bobo/Cindy Crawford.
    Rizzo/Yolanda.
    Link/Annie Sue.
    Phil Van Neuter/Composta Heap.
    Mildred/George the Janitor.
    Pops/Hilda.
    Dr. Teeth/Nurse Tongues.
    Dr. Teeth/Aurie.
    Dr. Teeth/almost any girl at the dorms.
    Zoot/Kikit.
    Lips/Hands.
    Animal/Sapia.
    Darkly Pallor/Tiffany "Coffee", only Squeedom will get that one.
    Count/Countess Dahling.
    Forgetful Jones/Clementine.
    Oscar/Grundgetta.
    Bert/Prairie Dawn.
    Ernie/Betty Lou.
    Cookie Monster/Lulu (I think it was the light purple one).
    Herry/Rosita.

Think that's all I got.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but there's a clear pre-romance relationship in Elmo X Zoe.....you can really see it in Elmo in Grouchland.