1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Muppet Ships

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by WhiteRabbit, Jun 14, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Mine are Floyd/Janice and Ploobis/Vazh
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

The Swinetrek!

...oh wait - wrong ship...

UNLESS...

Swinetrek/Moya - since one of them's a living ship it could work even if it may be onesided!

And as long i'm mixing up those two crews, i'll play matchmaker to M.A.M.M.A. and 1812 DRD.
  3. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Wow, when I saw the title of this thread, the first thing that came to my puzzled mind was the Hispaniola. That was totally an old lady thought. They're coming more frequently these days!

The Swinetrek makes me giggle too, dw!

Now that I'm back on track, I think the friendship between Kermit and Fozzie is heartwarming. Oh geez, that sounds old lady-ish too, doesn't it? I'm heading straight to the "I'm not posting anymore" thread until I can start acting my age!

It's been an odd morning. :rolleyes:
  4. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Take heed when reading this post, for you are entering...The Weirdo Zone! *attempts to impersonate Baby Gonzo mimicking the Twilight Zone "do do do do" tune*

Gonzo/Miss Piggy (I've been watching a lot of MB lately)

Floyd/Janice (It's canon, and very sweet, IMO)

Zoot/Janice (It was nice while it lasted)

Animal/Janice (Admit it. That would be precious.)

Beaker/Janice (Isn't that every scientist assistant's dream? Oh well, I still have my nerdy fantasy avatar pic as of right now ;))

Scooter/Annie Sue (Not sure why, I just think that it would be incredibly irresistibly awesomely cute.)

Gobo/Red (It's kinda a love-hate type relationship)

Red/Wembley (It would be cute)

Wembley/Lou (That was a sweet episode.)

Boober/Mokey (I'll admit it: I spent the first half or so of the episode "Lucky Fargy" from the animated series sighing and squee-ing)

Mokey/Cantus (They're perfect for each other. Even my dad agreed with me on that one.)
  5. analeisa

analeisa Member

Haha, I approve of some of those ships. Mine aren't nearly as creative but here we go:

Kermit/Piggy (I just love them so much. They're the first thing I ever "shipped.")

Gonzo/Camilla (I have such a soft spot for them. Adorable!)

Gonzo/Skeeter (If he can't be with Camilla. They can have crazy adventures together!)

Janice/Folyd (I enjoy that they're so chill but in love.)

Gobo/Red (The pig and the frog gave me a thing for tough girls and kind hearted boys.)

Boober/Wembley (I have a thing for sidekicks too, I guess. I just love episodes like "Pebble Pox Blues" where they team up.)

Bert/Ernie (I know people are sick of the gay thing with these two but that's how I view them.)
  6. Gelfling Girl

How did I miss that one?
  7. Lil0Vampy

Lil0Vampy Member

Eh, a bunch of other people posted their ships, why not me?

Link/Piggy
    Gonzo/Camilla
    Gonzo/Fozzie
    Rowlf/Fozzie
    Zoot/Lips
    Floyd/Lips
    Floyd/Janice
    Animal/Skeeter
    Beau/Skeeter
    Dr. Teeth/Trumpet Girl
    Kermit/Nigel (XD idk, just a random thought)
    George/Mildred
    Swedish Chef/ Mildred (okay, look, it'd be cute DX)
    Digit/Vicki (I admit, I'm not overlly familiar with this couple, but what I've read and seen is rully cute!)
    Statler/Waldorf
    Statler/Emily Bear
  8. Gelfling Girl

Floyd/Scooter

You can blame my dad for putting that thought in my head. All he did was make one comment while we were listening to the song "Mr. Bassman" and now that's stuck in my mind. :p
  9. APRena

APRena New Member

Floyd/Janice of course. :flirt:
    Zoot/Lips
    Wembley/Red would be adorable...
    Bunsen/Beaker
    Animal/Beaker (Unintelligible opposites attract?)

Wait, does "ship" imply having written fanfic about them? Because I'm too lazy to write/too insecure to publish it to the interwebz if I had, so I mostly pair cute couples unofficially.
  10. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Nah, I think the term sorta originated from fanfic but ship can just be who you support romantically. At least, that's whut I made the thread for, anyway. XPP

I luff what peeps have been listing. :3 So cute.
  11. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

There are a lot of Muppet friendships, it'll be hard to name them all, but here goes:
    Kermit/Miss Piggy
    Ernie/Bert
    Big Bird/Snuffy
    Oscar/Telly
    Philo/Gunge
    Philo and Gunge/Oscar (makes sense doesn't it?)
    Wembley/Gobo
    Wembley/Boober
    Gobo/Red
    Red/Mokey
    Gonzo/Rizzo
    Rizzo/Oscar (evident in Muppet Family Christmas)
    Wembley/Lou
    Boober/Tosh
    Traveling Matt/Storyteller
    Sweetums/Robin
    Kermit/Robin
    Kermit/Scooter
    Kermit/Grover
    Emmet Otter/Wendell Porcupine
    Harvey Beaver/Charlie Muskrat
    Skeeter/Red
    Rowlf/Fozzie
    Kermit/Fozzie
    Scooter/Bean Bunny
    Pepe/Rizzo
    Telly/Baby Bear
    Elmo/Zoe
    Floyd/Janice
    Don Music/Rowlf
    Gobo/Mokey
    Bean Bunny/Lugsy (his brother)
    Bunsen/Beaker
    Statler/Waldorf
    The Count/Wembley
    Wembley/Grover

Okay, I made a couple of those up, but it'd be very interesting to see where some of these relationships go.
  12. Gelfling Girl

Um...Apologies if I sound know-it-all-ish, but this is about "shipping" as in love and dating and stuff.
  13. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

Oh, I didn't realize that. It looked more like you were talking about Muppet friendships than a love/dating relationships, but if anybody wants to talk about Muppet friendships, please feel free to make another forum topic about this elsewhere.
  14. Gelfling Girl

Hmm....Never thought of that one before. The loud rocker and the quiet lab assistant. Interesting...
  15. Gelfling Girl

Floyd/Zoot (Don't know why. It just seemed like a good idea when I first thought it up...)
  16. analeisa

analeisa Member

Oh, I forgot about this ship! A couple fanfics have convinced me that they would be adorable. For some reason, Lips/Scooter seems adorable to me too. :p
  17. Lil0Vampy

Lil0Vampy Member

<3 Omg, this sounds incredibly cute.
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

IIRC, the term was initiated by Pokemon fans, who made a pun by drooling over Jesse and James of Team Rocket and combining Rocket with relationship (Rocketshipping, get it?) ... and when it started branching out to other fandoms, you just add another prefix but keep the "shipping" part.
  19. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

EEEE! Le ship is getting more and more supporters. X3 *dances...badleh*
  20. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Lefty/Mildred

Lefty/Hilda

Yeah, it's...umm...well...why not? I...

Hey look! A goose playing pin the tail on the donkey! O_O

*turns and runs through wall, leaving cartoon-like cutout of himself*