1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite Muppet Show Episode

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetFan12, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Vax Novier

Vax Novier New Member

Season 5- Linda Ronstadt

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Harry Belafonte

3. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Tough to choose, but I'd say Alice Cooper, Elton John, and Vincent Price.

Flaky Pudding and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

My other favorites are:

Julie Andrews
    Elton John
    Star Wars
    John Denver
    Johnny Cash
    Linda Rondstat
    Brooke Shields
    Vincent Price
    Paul Simon
    Avery Schreiber

5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

Probably Linda Ronstadt or Edgar Bergen. It's a toss up.
    Paul Williams in close third and Star Wars is high on my list as well.

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

(Re-posted from another old thread circa 2013)

Man...I'd have to narrow it down to 5 episodes (I haven't seen all 120, but here goes)
    Season 1: Rita Moreno (loved the opening dance number, the panel discussion, and "Fever" with Animal)
    Season 2: Elton John (the first full TMS episode I ever saw...plus, Elton is one of my all-time fave singers)
    Season 3: Harry Belafonte (Turn the World Around is so uplifting and Banana Boat is one of the most hilarious numbers EVER shown on TMS)
    Season 4: Lynda Carter (hilarious superhero plot and Newsman subplot, and Lynda never really managed to keep a straight face for more than thirty seconds)
    Season 5: Linda Ronstadt ("When I Grow Too Old to Dream" is the most beautiful song ever done on TMS, in my opinion)

Side note: now that I've seen more episodes since that last post, I also have to add the following episodes:
    Season 1: Ethel Merman, Avery Schreiber, Candice Bergen, Florence Henderson
    Season 2: Dom Deluise, Madeline Kahn, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, Steve Martin, Peter Sellers, Bob Hope, Petula Clark, Rudolph Nureyev
    Season 3: Gilda Radner, Pearl Bailey, Alice Cooper, Raquel Welch, Lesley Ann Warren, Sylvester Stallone
    Season 4: Liza Minelli, John Denver, Star Wars cast
    Season 5: Paul Simon, Carol Burnett, Gene Kelly
    Each one has its own reason for being so special...but I lean pretty heavily on the Season 2 episodes because that's my favorite season.