1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite Muppet

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Greenbottle3, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

My favourite used to Be Sam Eagle but I changed to Dr Teeth

LeahXZoot4Evur and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

LeahXZoot4Evur and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  3. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

scooter is my favorite

FletchySRF3088 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  4. Gonzo & Camilla

Gonzo & Camilla New Member

Gonzo, Scooter, Kermit, Sam~

scooterfan360 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  5. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

The Muppets

Scooter
    Kermit
    Rizzo
    Gonzo
    Rowlf
    Bobo
    Beaker
    Walter
    Dr. Teeth
    Janice
    Floyd
    The Elvises (My favourite thing about MT! and they crack me up to no end. I wish they'd make a comeback)

Fraggle Rock

Wembley (LOVE HIM! One of the most endearing Steve Whitmire characters)
    Junior Gorg
    Gobo
    Red
    Sprocket

scooterfan360 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  6. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Does Craig Ferguson count as a 'Muppet'?

7. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

Robin Walter, gobo, sweetums

8. BeakerJanice

BeakerJanice Active Member

I love Beaker :eek: ,Janice :flirt: ,Dr.Bunsen Honeydew :confused: ,Miss Piggy :mad: and Scooter ;)

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  9. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

How do I choose?
    When I was little, it would have been Miss Piggy, hands down. I loved anyone who could karate chop and look fabulous at the same time. I still love her, but...
    KERMIT. How do you not love Kermit? He's awesome and makes a cool scrunchy face sometimes. But then there's Animal. He's Animal. Need I say more? And then there's Bunsen and Beaker and Statler and Waldorf and Scooter and Gonzo and Fozzie.
    I LOVE THEM ALL OKAY

10. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

Well I think I love the Fraggles just a tiny tiny bit more than I love the Muppets, so in order from greatest to least...
    1. Mokey or Gobo
    2. Red
    3. Wembley/or Boober
    Dang it it's impossible to decide I love them all so much!!!

11. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Obviously, as you can see from my avatar my favorite muppet is none other than Rowlf the dog. Also, I made a PowerPoint once showcasing my top 25 favorite muppets plus some honorable mentions at the beginning, if anyone wants to see it, I'll post it on Youtube or privately e-mail it to them. In order, here are my top 10 favorite muppets.

10. Sal Minella
    9. Animal
    8. Gonzo the Great
    7. Statler and Waldorf
    6. Dr. Teeth
    5. Uncle Deadly
    4. Fozzie Bear
    3. Sam the Eagle
    2. Sgt. Floyd Pepper
    1. Rowlf the Dog

12. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

I used to have a lot of difficulties over picking an overall favourite Muppet Character. It's one of the problems of having a favourite performer who has done a lot of good characters but not much in the way of big star parts.
    But since last Autumn I have found a character who I can honestly say is my favourite. It's Funella Furchester.

13. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

[​IMG] THESE guys

ElizaSchuyler and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  14. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

Mine are :flirt: :sing: :cool: :D :halo: :mad: :concern: :) :sympathy: :super: :wisdom: :insatiable: :p :( :grouchy: and also Trumpet Girl, because there are too few female Muppets.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  15. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Hmm... pretty tough, but I *think* I've narrowed it down to ten. (Key word = think :p )

(This is, of course, excluding Sesame Street characters. ;) )

#10: Sam the Eagle
    This politically-active bird is hilarious, especially when he's ranting about anything that's un-American. Who wouldn't want to see Sam be President? :)

#9: Lew Zealand

He throws his fish, and they... don't really come back. If only Kermit realized that. :p However, this 'clown' is hilarious, especially when the aforementioned frog is around....

#8: Uncle Deadly
    Scary? Kinda. This snaggle-toothed 'horror icon' works well in the scarier episodes, like the one with Vincent Price. But he's overall a nice guy, as eventually proved in The Muppets.

#7: Luncheon Counter Monster
    Not such a popular character, but I think that the Luncheon Counter Monster was better than Cookie Monster in the Countertop skit (though overall I prefer Cookie :) ).

#6: Bobo
    This bear-of-all-trades is a funny and lovable character, most notably, in my opinion, in Muppets From Space. He can adapt to do any role that the writers give him, and as such can keep comin' back again and again.

#5: Big V
    The very long-nosed Big V was great in the Earthworm skit. Just like Gorgon Heap (hint, hint), he's a big, hungry, purple monster that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley... or anywhere, really, if you're 3/4 his size...

#4: Kermit
    Kermit very nearly got higher. While I usually prefer the less popular characters, Kermit is one that I do enjoy. He's always doing his best to keep things going smoothly, despite all the other characters' antics. It isn't easy being green...

#3: Rowlf
    One of the first Muppets, and one of the most popular as well. Ralph has a carefree, happy-go-lucky, 'bartenderish' kind of feel to him. And don't forget, he's actually a pretty darn good piano player, too!

#2: Gorgon Heap
    'Sherlock Holmes and the Disappearing Clues' featured Rowlf the Dog, but also Gorgon Heap. While, most would say that that was his best moment, I overall prefer him eating the chef and Kermit in the Vincent Price episode, but both were good, and as such, GH just misses the top spot... sort of...

And now, in WatchMojo-style, here are a few honorable mentions before I reveal my favorite Muppet character of all time...

-Robin
    -Floyd Pepper
    -Baskerville the Hound
    -The Snowths
    -Fozzie

#1: Behemoth
    If you don't yet know from my avatar, signature, etc., Behemoth is my ultimate favorite Muppet, and one of my favorite characters overall, as well. (Okay, so I guess his name's really Gene... oh well.) From eating Shakey Sanchez to ending up with a frog in his throat, Behemoth is a big, hungry, orange monster that will always be my favorite Muppet.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  16. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

Very tough question lol. I'm going to give my top 5 because I don't think I can give just one.

1) Gonzo
    2) Dr. Teeth
    3) Kermit
    4) Fozzie
    5) Rizzo

17. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

My Top 5:

1. Animal
    2. Kermit
    3. Fozzie
    4. Gonzo
    5. Pepe

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's really hard. I really love Frank Oz's version of Miss Piggy and I like the way she's been portrayed in the last few episodes of The Muppets.
    I also really like the ABC TV show depiction of Chip, he's really sweet and vulnerable but also very funny and creepy, but at the core all he really wants is a friend.
    And of course I love Kermit, who doesn't?
    Rowlf and Sam the Eagle are also favorites.