Favorite Muppeteer

SgtPepper

Reaction score
First tell me your favorite of all time... then your favorite current one.

All time: Jim Henson/Frank Oz

Current: Dave Golez

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Favorite Muppeteer of all time: Richard Hunt.

Current Favorite Muppeteer: tie between Steve Whitmire and Brian Henson (kudos to him for bringing my favorite Muppet to life)

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Frank, definately. He's so great with Miss Piggy and Fozzie although his Animal used to scare the crap out of me. Lol. About Brian Henson, it is sort of hard to believe he's a Muppateer. In those intros he does for each episode, he seems so serious. It's hard to picture him throwing his voice like that. Sometimes I wonder why he wasn't asked to do Kermit when Jim died. I mean Steve Whitemire is really good with him and everything, I'm just sort of curious.

Who is your favorite Muppet anyway, Kim?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Sometimes I wonder why he wasn't asked to do Kermit when Jim died. I mean Steve Whitemire is really good with him and everything, I'm just sort of curious.

Who is your favorite Muppet anyway, Kim?

Hrm...I think someone else could probably answer that first one better than I.

As for my favorite Muppet...given who one of Richard's established characters was and who recently reappeared in the new Muppet Xmas movie and was performed by Brian...it's Scooter, of course! :big_grin:

-Kim

SgtPepper

Reaction score
I could only break it down to 4 characters for favorite muppet and that is:

Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Gonzo, and Animal

beaker

Reaction score
All time: Jim Henson

All time personal special fave: Richard Hunt

Current fave: Bill Barreta

Special mention: Jerry Nelson, the ocnsumate fan's fan and friendliest Muppeteer in the world(besides Karen!)

As for Brain Henson doing Kermit...officially I have only heard of him doing Kermit a few times. Isnt Rivkin now where Brian was?(CEO?) So weird for a CEO to also be a Muppeteer, heh.

Anyways, all said...meeting these guys I was too enamored to just pick one fave. I have never met any celebrities/people I admire more gracious or on the level.

Just to illustrate how cool and obviously not you raverage company JHC is...when me, Kevin/Fozzie, and Dave/Gorgan Heap snuck down where we werent spose to after the live show onto the floor...we got to mingle with the Henson clan(Jane, John/Sweetums, Brian, etc) and then when the mean security lady said we had to go I remember Brian saying something to the effect of 'Hey, but these are our fans!'. So yeah, JHC is perhaps the most special non corporate companies in the world.

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Thats the best thing about the Muppeteers... they don't have hoards of fans running after them in the street like movie stars... cause 1/2 of america doesen't even know what they look like.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Someone I forgot to mention before was Dave Goelz. It seems like him and Jerry Nelson are the only ones left anymore and even Jerry didn't do as much work as usual with that Christmas moive. I'm glad he's still voicing characters like Gonzo, Bunsen Honeydew and Waldorf.

Lu775

Reaction score
I can't pick just one. These guys work as such a team and I love 'em all.

Thijs

Reaction score
All time: Richard Hunt, I love hearing him sing

Current: Bill Baretta
Steve Withmire is doing a great job, but I don`t like the new Kermit that much. His voice is almost the same, but his personality has changed in a way i don`t like. Kermit has become so soft.