1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flaky Pudding, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

My 2018 Favorite Shows Update:

-Bob's Burgers
    -Stranger Things
    -Robot Chicken
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -The Orville
    -Happy Tree Friends
    -Speechless
    -The Goldbergs
    -Young Sheldon
    -Wonder Showzen (The "Beat Kids" segments often make me roll on the floor laughing lol)
    -The Simpsons
    -Futurama
    -We Bare Bears
    -Clarence

2. Little Robin

Little Robin Member

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Bones
    Bob's Burgers
    Being Human (Syfy)
    Ghost Whisperer
    Once Upon a Time
    Charmed
    Quantum Leap
    Full House
    The Middle
    Big Bang Theory
    Modern Family
    Fresh Off the Boat
    Castle

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

February 2018 update:
    • Steven Universe (even during all the long hiatuses, I still love this show)
    • Homestar Runner (it's not a TV show, but who cares)
    • Hamtaro
    • Littlest Pet Shop
    • SpongeBob (still mostly the classics from season 1 to 3, but some of the newest episodes have actually been pretty good)
    • Angry Beavers
    • Ren and Stimpy (mostly the Spumco episodes - they were funnier and had beautiful animation compared to the Games episodes)
    • Phineas and Ferb
    • VeggieTales
    • Wander Over Yonder
    • Chowder (this show is hilarious if you ask me)
    • We Bare Bears

LittleJerry92 and Flaky Pudding like this.
  4. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

My List:
    • Doctor Who (if you couldn't already tell :p)
    • Looney Tunes
    • Chopped
    • A Series of Unfortunate Events
    • I Love Lucy
    • The Brady Bunch
    • Gilligan's Isle
    • Any old/vintage tv show or cartoon (pretty much)

5. Little Robin

Little Robin Member

Oh I like these shows as well.

I honestly didn't think I'd like Niel Patrick Harris as Count Olaf in SOUE, that he wouldn't do Jim Carrey's version of the role justice but I found his rendition quite superb. Possibly even better than Carrey's.
    I'm looking forward to the second season.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Love love love The Brady Bunch! Gilligan is okay too, and Looney Tunes is just a classic..

Froggy Fool likes this.
  7. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Personally, I like him a lot better as Count Olaf. Jim Carrey was just... too Jim Carrey-ey. ;)
    I've only seen the first two seasons of Brady Bunch, but I'm trying to find the time watch the rest! :)

8. MikaelaMuppet

Try Try Again is my favorite, which is from Season 5.

9. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

FRIENDS
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    Old spongebob
    the middle
    The occasional episode of ALF I can find on Youtube
    Only fools and horses
    The inbetweeners
    (Sorry to Bob's Burgers fans I deteste that show i really do. I find nothing enjoyable out of it and 99% of the shows I watch are comedys)

10. Flaky Pudding

I just started watching the new TBS cartoon, Final Space tonight. It's REALLY funny. Despite being aimed more towards the adult crowd, I like how most of the humor revolves around cleverness and creativity as opposed to simply shock value and nothing else. It's a really good show and my favorite character so far is definitely the adorable little green alien, Mooncake. He's such a cutie and will most likely end up being a Hot Topic icon in the near future like many cute cartoon characters do :)

11. Flaky Pudding

I have three new ones I'd like to add:
    -Final Space
    -The latest Rosanne reboot
    -TV Funhouse (Some old cult classic Comedy Central series that was pretty much a precursor to Wonder Showzen.)

12. Flaky Pudding

Right now I enjoy watching the following:

-Bob's Burgers
    -Robot Chicken
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -Rosanne (2018 reboot)
    -Final Space
    -Wonder Showzen (another great example of controversial jokes done right)
    -The Simpsons
    -Futurama
    -Family Guy
    -We Bare Bears
    -Young Sheldon
    -Stranger Things
    -The Orville
    -The Goldbergs
    -The Middle
    -The Last Man on Earth (This new season has been more hilariously awkward than the others.........and that's saying something)
    -Our Cartoon President (I don't like Trump personally but I still find this show to be funny)
    -Happy Tree Friends (R.I.P 1999-2018. For those who don't know what I'm referring to, it has been assumed that HTF has been officially cancelled after years without any new content)

Web Series:

-Smosh
    -Epic Rap Battles of History
    -Badlipreading
    -SuperMarioLogan (Shrek and Black Yoshi are probably my favorite characters)
    -1 2 3 Slaughter Me Street (A creepy version of Sesame Street made by a group of Five Nights at Freddy's nerds with way too much time on their hands)
    -Any type of Top 10 channel (I find them to be very interesting)
    -Reittana Seishin (Not only do I find her work to be amusing, but I have very much respect for Reitanna as a person. She just seems like a very nice, generous, and down to Earth woman to me)
    -TomSka's asdfmovie series
    -YouTube Reaction channels (I know many people consider the genre to be lazy, but I think a lot of them can be very humorous and entertaining)

13. MikaelaMuppet

So it did end up getting canceled?

14. Flaky Pudding

Probably. While it hasn't officially been confirmed, we fans have waited long enough to know that the creators have most likely given up on Happy Tree Friends. But that doesn't mean we won't see any new ones in the future. Fortunately for us, there hasn't ever been an officialized cancellation from any of the staff members working on the show so there is still at least a little bit of a possibility for future episodes. HTF could still make a big comeback some day in the foreseeing future but until then (if ever), we will just assume it's gone for good.

15. Flaky Pudding

Well, Happy Tree Friends isn't cancelled after all.......kinda. A YouTuber by the name of Nemao (I don't know how you would pronounce that, but I always pronounce it as Nemo like the fish) has been making these unofficial HTF episodes that look so much like the real episodes, it's almost uncanny. He practically nailed the animation style, the characters are just as funny as ever, the trend of punny episode titles has been continued from the original series, it's almost like the show never left. So while the real show could possibly still be gone for good, these almost 100 percent accurate fan videos have helped fill that HTF-sized hole in my heart :).

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

As of early this year Jane the Virgin has become one of my favorite shows! I watched every episode and I love it so much.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  17. ConsummateVs

August 2018 update, cause it's been a long time since I've done this. It's still mostly the same, but it's changed up a bit.

Huge fan of...
    • Homestar Runner
    • Camp Camp
    • Steven Universe
    • Angry Beavers
    • Seasons 1 to 3 Spongebob
    • Ren and Stimpy
    • The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (Was one of my favorite CN shows when I was young, so I decided to watch it again not too long ago for nostalgia's sake, and I've been hooked on it ever since.)
    Just enjoy, nothing too serious/more casual fan of...
    • VeggieTales
    • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (No, I am not a pegasister. I just enjoy the show, that's all.)
    • We Bare Bears
    • Dexter's Laboratory
    • Wander Over Yonder
    • Chowder
    • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    • Phineas and Ferb
    • Drake and Josh (Despite the controversies behind Dan Schneider, I still enjoy this show. Same deal with Ren and Stimpy and John K., or Pixar movies and John Lasseter.)
    Used to be a huge fan of, and still like, but not quite as much anymore...
    • Littlest Pet Shop
    • Hamtaro
    • Kick Buttowski
    • My Life as a Teenage Robot

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  18. Pig's Laundry

Yes! I almost never see anyone mention Angry Beavers! So underrated.

Bobo-what?

ConsummateVs likes this.
  19. ConsummateVs

It really is. It's my personal favorite Nicktoon.

20. Pig's Laundry

Oh! OK, i've seen him before. He looks kind of like an anime Johnny Bravo.