1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Favorite Palisades PVC

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Oct 23, 2002.

?

What PVC are you looking forward to most in the first set?

1. Miss Piggy in bath towel on scale

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Gonzo with balloons

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Sam the Eagle

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Thog

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Mahna Mahna

36 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. Snowths

3 vote(s)
    3.6%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Poll: Favorite Palisades PVC

Since Palisades officially announced their plans for the first set of PVC's which one are you looking forward to most? Did any really surprise you that they were being made in PVC form?

Vote in the poll above then let us know why you are looking forward to that particular character.

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

Mahna Mahna!! (do doo do do do)

*He's a very cool Muppet for one. The blinking sunglasses are awesome.
    *He is one that is rarely featured with any other Muppets' products.
    *That song of his is just plain addictive.

3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I'm with EM...everyone knows Mahna Mahna, but I don't remember ever seeing a toy for him....

4. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Probably Mahna Mahna, but I really would prefer to see the sculpt before my final opinion.

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sculpt nothin'! I don't care what he looks like!!! I want me a Manah Manah!

Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    Manah manah
    Doot doo doo doo
    Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    doo doo doo
    doo doo doo doo doo doo

Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    Manah manah
    Doot doo doo doo
    Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    doo doo doo
    doo doo doo doo doo doo

Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    Manah manah
    Doot doo doo doo
    Manah Manah
    Doo doo doo doo doo
    doo doo doo
    doo doo doo doo doo doo

Okay! I hope being annoying will get everyone at Palisades my vote! :D

6. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

so i haven't read yet but does this mean that we could now get a Mahna Mahna in the action figure line?

7. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Packaging?

Does anyone know how the PVC's will be sold? Will they just be loose in buckets like the old California Raisins and Smurfs used to be? Or, given the recent rise of the respectability of action figures in pop culture, will there be all sorts of cardboard and plastic involved to protect the "collectors items."

I've read people here talking about "sets" (GMC set etc) and I'm a little concerned - I'm amassing many of the action figures, but would love a couple PVC's for fun. I just don't want to have to buy the whole lot and would love it if the price were nice and low...

Thanks for your help!

- Derek

8. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

They will probably be packaged the same way as The Year Without A Santa Claus PVC's.

9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There are six character PVC's in the first set: Miss Piggy in bath towel on scale, Gonzo with balloons, Sam the Eagle, Thog, Mahna Mahna, and Snowths.

10. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

The PVC I'm looking forward to most is Gonzo with balloons, a freeze frame of Gonzo at his happiest, "flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings." Where he "can hold onto love like invisible strings." A freeze frame of the foreshadowing of the entire movie "Muppets from Space".

11. Drtooth

It looks like Manah Manah, so far out of all those polled, is the most popular choice. I can't blaime tham. Sure I'm excited about Gonzo, but there is soooo much Gonzo stuff out there. This would be the ONLY Manah Manah. As for Piggy, so far she's the furthest one in the polls. My personal list (from most wanted to least) is:

Manah Manah
    Snowths (you can't have Manah Manah without Doo doo doo doo doo)
    Thog
    Sam
    Gonzo (but only cause I want the more obscure ones)
    and Piggy.

Bathrobe and scale? Just not too excited about that.

12. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Um... I appreciate the response, but I haven't a clue how these were packaged. I'm more of a Muppet fan than a figure collector - thought my co-workers might argue otherwise... :)

- Derek

13. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

I am looking forward to Thog the most.

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised the most obscure Muppet planned is always the one we look forward to most from Palisades?

15. Drtooth

Obviously, Piggy Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal you can get just about ANNNY where! Manah Manah, Snowth, and Thog toys do not exist until now!

Personally, I was looking forward to the obscure, and Muppets tonighjt characters (plus Fozzie, my fave).

I only got Kermit and Piggy, cause they were on sale (that, and I was waiting for Pigs in Space Piggy and Reporter Kermit).

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hat Sharpener

All of the PVCs listed in the pole will come together in a set. It's the only way they could make the obscure ones. That was some of the thought behind starting the PVC line. I forgot what the price will be. Something like twenty bucks? I don't know. They are likely worth it!

BTW - I voted for Thog!

17. Kedrick

Kedrick New Member

I'm looking forward to the whole set, but Miss Piggy is the fav. I'm a sucker for anything featuring that Porcine Princess Picture of Perfection!!! :)

Clint

18. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

What I want to know is...what the heck are Mahna-Mahna and the Snowths going to look like from the waist down? WHAT DO THEIR FEET LOOK LIKE?

Frunobulax

19. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Palisades included an image in their announcement that showed them from the waist down. Scroll about 3/4 down this page to see....

http://toughpigs.com/merchfigures.htm

20. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I voted for Gonzo with Baloons. Mainly because I LOVED Gonzo in The Muppet Movie, and The Baloon scene is my favorite. I also think Piggy with towel and scale will be cool. Mana Mana also sounds great!

Jake