Favorite Performer

Gonzo14

Reaction score
The muppets are just peices of foam rubber until the performer's bring them to life, so who's your favorite performer, mine is Dave Goelz, I love his characters and I think he's really talented. :concern: :confused: :cool:

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, of course I love Jim Henson, but aside from him it would be Carroll Spinney and after that maybe Jerry Nelson. I think Nelson is the best at singing.

That Announcer

Reaction score
My two favorites are Richard Hunt and the sadly underused Peter Friedman, who I can't fault.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Jim all the way; although I believe Jerry is the most underated and has the largest range.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, and Dave Goelz.

And since I feel like explaining:
I love Jerry Nelson's voice. He has such a wide range of characters and they all have their own personalities or quirks (Floyd's walk, Gobo's accent, etc). His voice is so versatile and his range is huge. And he is a fantastic singer.
Steve Whitmire is also a fantastic singer: he can scat like NOBODY's business!! His characters are fun and lively, and believable, and they're all different.
Dave Goelz is awesome, because he always makes Gonzo seem just so alive, with so much heart. Gonzo seems to me probbaly the most human of any of the muppets. And I like hearing him sing as Gonzo or Travelling Matt, too. ^_^ Very unique voice, it's got a homey quality to it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Bill Barreta

Dave's Gonzo has touched my heart since the first time I ever saw him. It's just so meaningful to see Gonzo anywhere. Dave also brought us Beau and Zoot, two of my other favorite Muppets.

I love Jerry Nelson's performing. His voice can go anywhere. From Robin the Frog to Floyd Pepper. He's just great.

Bill Barreta's voice is very versatile as well. He can do Pepe one time, then Johnny Fiama or Rowlf another. He's also got an awesome Swedish Chef as well.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
PERFORMANCE:

MARTY ROBINSON - HIGHLY underrated - he's a master at subtlety. I love watching Telly when he's just listening to someone else - He seems so alive, yet focused.

FRANK OZ - of course, who can match Frank's comic timing? When Frank's Grover, it's all over.

VOICE TALENT:

Male (talking and singing) : JERRY NELSON

Female: (talking) FRAN BRILL ; (singing) STEPHANIE D'ABRUZZO - her duet with R.E.M. & Michael Stipe and the whole Avenue Q soundtrack

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I have to agree with you about Frank's timing :embarrassed: :frown:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
My favourite is obviously Louise Gold. she's so versatile, talented, funny, and a great singer (she can be very very powerful, but she can also be subtle, she's got a wonderufl vocal range). In a book about Spitting Image she was described as "a tall red head who can sing, dance, and act, with or without a puppet", I think that sums her up pretty well.