1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Gorgon Heap, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

"That's the best laugh I've had since I dropped dead!"

"No dog is a pancake."

"There are no rules, and those are the rules."

"I fear I'm losing my implacable calm."

"Argument nothing, it's an attempted coup!"

"Wembley says he's sorry and Red laughs about it and Gobo says "let's all be friends and I'll read you the latest postcard from my Uncle Traveling Matt!"

More to come. Yours?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

'Your accent is perfect' - Sidebottom

'Pick a story, any story, I know 'em all and if I don't I'll - I'll fake it!' - The Storyteller

'Clutter is the manifestation of freedom.' - Mokey

'I wouldn't give you a brass meatball for a fraggle!' - Pa Gorg

'I pride myself on my inability to guffaw.' - Boober

'As luck would have it I happen to be the bravest fraggle alive.' - Uncle Matt

(Red) 'Come on, Captain Danger.' (Gobo) 'After you, Major Disaster.'

'Grow little peapod, because when you do my Dad will see I am not a lummox.' - Junior

'I am distinctly un-hilarious.' - Boober

'You disrespect me, you disrespect my blanket.' - Boober

There are sooooo many more but I'll leave it at that for now.
  3. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

"Clutter is the manifestation of freedom." - Mokey

"No time is wasted time." - Cantus

"Last month, Feeney Fraggle wrote and recited 39 verses as an Ode to the Moon. It was rapturous." - Mokey
    "Is 'rapturous' the same as boring?" - Red
    "I don't think so." - Wembley
    "Then, she's wrong." - Red

"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I alone possess!" - Wembley
    "Or maybe it's a curse, a certain weirdness that you alone are stuck with!" - Red

"There will be movement in the stillness, just as there is music in the silence." - Cantus

"Everything is important. Either that, or nothing is... I prefer the former." - Cantus

"The magick is never lost, as long as you keep looking for it." - Uncle Matt

So many more...
  4. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Red: Just use your head, Wembley!
    W: I don't use my head anymore than I use my stomach. Maybe I should start thinking with my tail...
    R: WEMBLEY!!!
    W: Okay okay okay!

W: Yup, once you've seen one of Mokey's paintings, you've seen them all.
    Pedley: What's that supposed to mean?
    W: Well, she paints the best paintings around, and once you've seen one of her paintings, you've seen all the paintings you need to see about that thing, and--
    G: No, Wembley. Right idea but wrong expression!

R: I don't believe it!
    M: What don't you believe, Red?
    R: Oh, uh... nothing!
    M: Well, you must believe something, otherwise you wouldn't say you don't believe it!
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Mokey: "If you push me, I'll go down there."
    Red: "That's the idea!"
    Mokey. "Oh. Then I don't like the idea."
  6. Gorgon Heap

Forgot about that one, one of my faves too.

Which episodes are these two from?

Which episode is this from?

Forgot to label mine:

"That's the best laugh I've had since I dropped dead!"- Junior Gorg (#14 The Challenge)

"No dog is a pancake."- Doc (#17 Marooned)

"There are no rules, and those are the rules."- Cantus (#18 The Minstrels)

"I fear I'm losing my implacable calm."- Cantus (#18 The Minstrels)

"Argument nothing, it's an attempted coup!"- Boober (#14 The Challenge)

"Wembley says he's sorry and Red laughs about it and Gobo says "let's all be friends and I'll read you the latest postcard from my Uncle Traveling Matt!"- Boober (#15 I Don't Care)

More:

"Go, and never darken my phone again!"- Doc (#19 The Great Radish Famine)

"It would be hard to have an argument with you, Wembley." (#2 Wembley and the Gorgs)

7. Gorgon Heap

Junior: "I DON'T WANNA DIE! I HAVE OTHER PLANS!!!" (#14 The Challenge)

Traveling Matt's voice-over intro to FR in episode one ("Fraggles are a noble race...")

Wembley: "What are we gonna do?"
    Gobo: "What do YOU want to do?"
    Wembley: "Gee, I dunno, um... could you give me a hint?" (#23 The Beast of Bluerock)

Boober: "Good grief! The very fabric of society is disintegrating!" (#14 The Challenge)

Wembley: "At first I thought it was kind of wonderful, me, a Fraggle, knowing a king and queen. It didn't feel like I was a slave. I guess some slavery feels like freedom." (#2 Wembley and the Gorgs)

8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Hey Gorgon Heap, my quote's from The Voice Inside. (by the way, this is my 500th post! I'm halfway there!)
  9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

* Quotes entire series * :smirk:

I do like " Part of it, but not all of it ". Also; " Yes. And no. No. And yes. "

Nick
  10. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

Haha, there are a lot of quotes I love, but I decided to include some that you might not remember, some of these I think you had to be there to find them as hilarious as I do ^_^.

(When trying to console Wembley over the death of his friend)
    Gobo: If anyone can help Wembley its you!
    WoF: So your little friend kicked the boulder, left no forwarding address, stayed down for the count, headed for that big cave in the sky!

WoF: You keep thinking any minute.. Your little pal is gonna come walking through that door, isn't that right?
    Wembley: Th-that's right!
    WoF: Well, anything's possible...
    Wembley: Really?
    WoF:- But I wouldn't hold my breath! Hahaha!

WoF: Now, looky here.. When you get to be my age, you don't take death so seriously. In fact, when you've been in one place as long as I have, you can't help but look forward to a change in scenary! Hahaha!

(Wembley talking about his gift of flying)
    Wembley:... Then the spiderfly turned into an odd old man who was really.. a fairy godmother! So the odd old man said she could grant me a wish, so I said a radish sandwich! and she said ' No, bigger!' So I said Fly! and now I can!

Wembley: I will leap out of this window and fly once around the Great Hall!
    Red: Wembley! That window's about a jillion billion towers high!
    Wembley: I know! It'll give me a chance to do a graceful dive, straight down toward the ground.. Then I'll pull up inches from the rocky floor! And I'll zoom up up, the wind rushing through my fur, the ceiling streaking towards me...
    Boober: I think I'm gonna be sick!

(After Boober saves Wembley while he is ill)
    Boober: I'm not afraid of getting sick.
    Red: Well that's good. Then you won't mind when I tell you that little red dots are starting to appear all over your face.

Gobo: I'm not taking any medicine!
    Red: Oh yes you will, cause I'm gonna pour it down your little baby throat!

(Trying to find out about Wembley's bad genie)
    Red: Here's a list of his good deads and his bad deeds..."Stealing, Lying, Breaking Things.."
    Gobo: What are his good deeds?
    Red: Those are this good deeds!

Boober: Gosh Wembley, I don't want to blame you... But this is all your fault!
  11. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Gogo: Boober, he only thinks he's dead!
    Boober: I know, but I have great sympathy. The Grim Reaper comes to us all! (Episode #14, "The Challenge")

Red: I wish you'd remember that song that Gobo wrote...
    Mokey: Don't you dare sing, Red! (Episode #??, "The Secret Society of Poo-Bahs")

Mokey: Oh! It's so wonderful, so good, so right, so...special.
    Murray: Yeah, well, it's got its strong points but the hours are long. (Episode #??, "Mokey and the Minstrels")

Gobo: Wait a minute. Wembley just said you couldn't leave me. What was it the Trashheap said I should say to the Silly Creature?
    Boober: Ah...that, that he musn't leave.
    G: No, not musn't...can not!
    Mokey: Yes! That you cannot...leave...the magic. (Last Episode, "Change of Address")

-Kim
  12. Saironi

Saironi New Member

Majory: "Coffee grounds and rotten stew, that is what makes me think of you."

Philo: "Aww. Majory. That was beautiful."

Gunge: "Yeah! We never knew ya had it in ya!"

Majory: "Boys, I've got everything in me!" *laughs*

Both to the camera "No comment!"

Murry: *turning to Brio and Balsam* "Did he answer my question or not? *Brio shakes her head, but Balsam nods**Murry nods* That's what I thought.....

Cantus: "There are no rules, and those are the rules...."

Red: *giving a stiff nod*".......Gggotcha....."*looks puzzled*

Red: "I know tons of songs!! You name it, I'll sing it!!"

Cantus: "No no. It must come from within......"

Red: "Okay!" *takes a minute trying to understand what he said* "How's it go?"

Cantus: "If you don't know....*whispers* I can't tell you...."

*"Get A Move On!"*

*"The Thimble Beetle Song"* (It's funny listening to Red make mistakes).

Philo *about Wembely's nose*: "With a nose like that, you should be hanging laundry!! Haha!"

Red: "He's just sulking. Isn't that right, Boober? *sticks her head in his hole* You're just pouting and......*retracts her head with a pillow in her mouth**spits it out* I'LL KILL 'IM!!"

Boober: "Oh, 'Do ba doo' yourself!" *to a rock creature*
  13. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Here's my Favorite Quote of All Time.

Gonzo: Kermit, Are You Busy?

Kermit: Yes Gonzo, But I Can give you my ear for a minute.

Gonzo: What Would I do with your Ear?

Kermit: (Expasperated) Van Gogh Impressions.

From Episode 9 of the Muppet Show (Charles Aznavour)
  14. TARDIS60

TARDIS60 New Member

[seconds Foodie's quoting of the entire series]

Off the top of my head, some of my favorites:

Boober: "Time to get back into old Mr. Beddy-Bye!"
    Red: "Right after I introduce you to Mr. Fisty Wist." (#65, Playing Till it Hurts)

Boober: (hysterically) "The rock is cracked!"
    Gobo: "The rock and who else?" (#8, The Terrible Tunnel)

Gobo: "Just say: Hi-lo!"
    Other Fraggles: "Inny minny cow cow!"
    Gobo: "Oom tow tow!"
    Other Fraggles: "Eee wow wow!"
    Gobo: "Ecky minny oxide!"
    Other Fraggles: "Inny eeny iney oney yoo hoo!" (#4, You Can't Do That Without a Hat) (I wish I had friends I could do this with.)

The game Mudwell and Wembley play in 'Gone, But Not Forgotten.'

Boober's speech at the entrance to Outer Space in 'The River of Life' always gets to me. I'm such a sap for that entire episode! I can't wait to have all the box sets and no longer live in fear of my old HBO airings tapes breaking.

Kassi
  15. Faylo

Faylo Member

It's not a very inspirational quote or anything...

"SUGARLIPS!!!" - Boober (We Love You, Wembley - Ep. 13)
  16. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

Okay, herr are some:

Boober: "I'm worried about enclosed spaces, and death, and pain, and spiders, and words with 'R' in them, and... do you want the whole list or just a general overview?" (marooned)

Gobo: "It's been 3 days and all I've had to eat is FOOD!" (forgot the episode)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I think of some others, I'll post them!
  17. Gorgon Heap

Cantus: "Everything is important. Either that or nothing is- I prefer the former." (Episode 95, "The Honk of Honks")

18. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

Another one of my favorites is in the first episode where gobo said "and now I have to go out there every few days! What should i do?"
    And boober said:
    "you should crawl under the covers and moan and whimper!" lol...
  19. o i love the storyteller one
  20. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

Here are a few of my faves, from off the top of my head. More likely than not, they might be off. :(

Random Fraggle: Now where is it? It has to be somewhere... Unless Boober ate it._________________________--Episode: I Want to Be You (or something like that)

[Insert Boober's quotes involving the 'sufferosis' disease.] --Episode: I Want to Be You

Gobo: Race to the end of the tunnel!
    Boober: *eats Doozer building* Coming! *follows Gobo to the end* You win!
    ______________________--Episode: Preachification of Convincing John

Boober: Hey, Mokey. Can you tell us the poem about the white birds and death? I want to be the graverobber.
    Mokey: That's it! That's the name of the boat!
    Gobo: You mean 'the Graverobber'?
    Mokey: No. The 'White Bird'._________________Episode: Mokey's Funeral

Boober: Oh, Mokey. That poem was so... morose.______Episode: I Want to Be You

Boober: That walking stick protected me from ghosts, volcanoes, and dingy gray laundry. And now you broke it!______Episode: Wembley and the Gorgs

... And that's all I can really remember. :smirk: