1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Favorite Seinfeld moments?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That Announcer, May 27, 2005.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I think i'll start with season 4 because it's in between seasons 3 and 5. :)

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Season 4 does improve about halfway through - particularly episodes involving Jerry and George and their pilot for NBC (which itself fictionalized Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David dealing with the network when selling the show).

3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

In some ways Seinfeld parallels M*A*S*H. Both shows took a few seasons to hit their stride, and their final episodes set record numbers. And cast members from both shows found varying degrees of success (or failure) afterwards, but left behind some ensemble work, the best of which is unmatched.

4. D'Snowth

You're right, there are parallels now that I think of it: M*A*S*H did so poorly in its first season, it was on the verge of cancelation, but summer reruns saved it and it became a hit in its second season. But M*A*S*H definitely went downhill fast in its last few seasons.

5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

As stated already the pilot and most of the show until season 3 is pretty slow and wasn't well recieved. Here's a list of episodes I think you should watch.

The Contest
    The Soup Nazi
    The Parking Garage
    The Chinese Resturant
    The Little Kicks
    The Bizzaro Jerry
    The Junior Mint
    The Library
    The Puffy Shirt

That's a list of good episodes I can think of off the top of my head.

6. D'Snowth

There's an occasion or two on the show where George talks about how he'd love to drape himself in velvet, "if it were socially acceptable."

So, is wearing velvet somehow not socially acceptable? Is velvet like sweatpants or something?

7. fuzzygobo

I'm surprised George would want to wear velvet. As a fabric, it doesn't breathe. He should stick with cotton, like the Yankees uniforms he ordered.

Or best of all... Gore-Tex! 8)

8. D'Snowth

9. D'Snowth

Remember the episode where Elaine had an obsession with exclamation points? The more I think about it, it almost sounds like the song "Morning Train" (a.k.a. the "Corporate Kramer" song) was actually written by her . . . I mean, pay attention to the refrain:

My baby takes the morning train!
    He works from nine to five and then!
    He takes another home again!
    To find me waiting for him!

10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

*Sigh* If only...

11. D'Snowth

Oh man, I definitely would pay to see something like that!

And holy crap! Is the She Jerry actually a man now?!

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, that actually looks pretty epic.

13. fuzzygobo

If money was no object, I'd be like Kramer and build various levels into my living room.

14. D'Snowth

How does Kramer "fall ***-backwards into money" anyhow? It's been said that's how well-off he is, because we otherwise see he has no actual job to speak of, yet he lives in a sweet rent-controlled NYC apartment, and somehow able to afford to do things to his apartment like install a hot tub, but he otherwise mooches everything else (sustenence) off of Jerry.

15. D'Snowth

Ooh! Ooh! Here's the SEINFELD reunion sketch from Frank Caliendo's short-lived sketch show:

16. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Wasn't there an episode where he said an air conditioner fell on him? I always assumed he sued over that and won a bunch of money in court.

17. D'Snowth

I don't know about that, but I do know there was an episode where he installed an air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, but a door slam wiggled it loose and fell out the window onto a passerby's dog.

18. D'Snowth

Holy crap! I missed an opportunity to meet the actor who played the Soup Nazi!

He was in my town this past week (well, more specifically, a snooty community in my town that think it's too good to be part of a larger town, so it succeeded and became its own separate town, even though it's still technically just a community of the town) at the grand opening of a new grocery store, endorsing the real Soup Nazi's new line of instant soups. I didn't even know about this until it was printed in the paper today.

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I love how the real Soup Nazi was infuriated by how he was portrayed (supposedly vividly accurate) in the TV show to the point of really "No Soup For You"-ing Jerry in real life, and supposedly his then current girlfriend for coming back to try and buy soup for Jerry.

Then, I guess he thought, "Holy crap! That TV show is pretty much shooting customers out of a cannon right at my store!" and embraced his fleeting celebrity and all the money those Seinfeld fans were throwing at him.

20. D'Snowth

He's still in town! He was just on the local news hawking the product.