Favorite Seinfeld moments?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol! George could be such a crybaby at times!

Then again, so could Elaine in some cases: banned from the nail salon for bringing in a spy? Wander the streets on a rainy night and cry your eyes out, it's the sensible thing to do!

Drtooth

Reaction score
And another George example, when he wanted T-Bone to be his nickname, so he orders one for lunch at work for the sake of bringing it up in conversaion, but then his coworker decides to order one to, so Kruger's like, "You like t-bone too? Okay, so let's call you T-Bone!"
I just love the delivery on that line. It wouldn't have had the same impact if he said "maybe we should just call you "T-Bone." Instead of Maybeweshouldjust...call you T-BONE!!!"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's funny how George does not get arrested for killing a man in The English Patient, though he might have lived, he still should have gotten arrested, but The Finale got him a year in jail.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can somebody explain this new meme to me? "SEINFELD is the best anime." What does that mean? What's the deal with this meme? It's flooding the comments on a number of SEINFELD clips on YT, but it makes no sense. How is SEINFELD an anime? What kind of joke is that?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can somebody explain this new meme to me?
A question that is the epitome of futility. Explaining a meme is the very definition of trying to make sense out of the senseless.

Speaking of which...anyone remember the extremely short lived bad parody of Seinfeld from an obscure as heck CD-Rom from the 90's meme?

Or the even shorter (and actually funnier and creative) meme of Slap Bass and mouth pop recreations of video game music?

OH. And there are apparently stylized Vynal Idolz collectibles of the Seinfeld characters. But I've only ever seen (and sporadically at that) Newman, Frank Costanza (with Festivus pole to boot), and Puddy.[/QUOTE]

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just had a thought: what was that discoloration George had on his upper lip anyway? He spent that entire episode worrying that God was killing him with cancer because he's not meant to be successful, but just before they tape their pilot, George learns from the lab that the biopsy turned out negative for cancer, but it's never said just what that discoloration actually was.
Speaking of which...anyone remember the extremely short lived bad parody of Seinfeld from an obscure as heck CD-Rom from the 90's meme?

Holy crap; I just found out that this was apparently released by the same company that made that awesome 3D Ultra Minigolf game that's a huge part of childhood for a lot of 90s kids.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That thing turned into a meme for some reason way back when YTP was hot.

Here's a couple of my favorites that used a certain lower quality Cd-Rom.

(NSFW language, but just that one word)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the deal with George anyway? I mean, it's firmly established that his life sucks, but he brings a lot of it on himself. For example, he always hooks up with girls that he doesn't even like in the first place, and many of them won't let him break up with them - in one ironic moment, Jerry asks him how he'll ever get out of his relationship with his Girl of the Week, to which he says, "I don't know. I guess I'll have to wait for her to die." Then, of course . . . we all know what happened to Susan. Secondly, with the exception the Yankees and Kruger, why did he always go out for jobs he was clearly not qualified for? Not that he was really qualified for either the Yankees or Kruger - the former of which he admitted to Jerry that other people did his work anyway, and the latter was run by a complete incompetent, which is why George did well enough there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Similarly, in that Puerto Rican Day episode (which is a pretty poor episode anyway), George is wanting to try out his "That's gotta hurt," joke at the movies, but a guy with a laser pen upstages him. So much so in fact that everybody in the theater laughs when the laser bounces across the screen, and the two women George is sitting next to say how much a good sense of humor means more to them than looks, or hair.
Watching "The Big Salad" yesterday reminds me of another such line delivery that's far too forced and contrived: when George and his Girl Of The Week bring Elaine her big salad, she hands it to her, and Elaine says, "Thank you, Julie!" in the most forced and contrived way possible, which really intentionally sets up George's issue of him not getting the thanks since he paid for it.

But I've been wondering lately: in the later seasons, where each of the characters had their own self-contained storyline in each episode, how did they decide on the episode title? An episode like "The Dealership" makes sense, as much of the episode revolves around what they do at the dealership (Jerry getting his new car, George obsessing over the mechanic eating his Twix, Kramer test-driving Jerry's new car, etc.), but take an episode like "The Pot Hole," for example: in this episode, we have Jerry being a germophobe after he accidentally knocked his Girl Of The Week's toothbrush in the toilet and she still used it without knowing it was in the toilet; George's keys accidentally fall into a pot hole that was then fille; Kramer adopts a highway, cleans it up, and widens the lanes; and Elaine keeps sneaking into other apartments to order flounder because they won't deliver to her address, and she doesn't want to eait it alone in the restaurant. The episode title reflects specifically George's storyline. It makes me wonder how they decide whose storyline is considered the "A-story" episode the episode.