Favorite Sesame Street Books

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what some of you remember as your favorite Sesame Street books. When I was little we had a ton of Sesame Street books, and I loved them so much! I would read them over and over. I especially liked

The Monster at the End of This Book
Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree
Grover and the Museum of Everything

Does anyone else remember these? What are some of your favorites?

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

Nickrj

Reaction score
I remember the Monster At The End Of This Book. The last page used to scare me though because Grover had his hands over his head saying "Oh I am so embarrassed." and it looked like he had long ears all of a sudden.

Nick Johnson

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember The Monster At The End Of This Book.Another one I remember was The Together Book.There was also a storybook version of Who Are The People In Your Nieghborhood?.The only thing I can remember from that book,was Bert getting a haircut at the barber shop,which made him completely bald.Two books I remember having during my childhood days,were Bert's Great Hall Of Inventions,which involved one of the many times that Ernie drove Bert up the wall.The other book I had was The Circle Book,which starred Harry Monster and Cookie Monster.Harry appeared as straight man to Cookie Monster's endless and hilarious greed of eating almost anything that was a circle.Including cookies of course. :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Grover and the Museum of Everything was a really cool book. Grover was your guide through this museum, and it had some really crazy stuff in it. The only thing I really remember was that Grover kept wanting to see "everything else." At the end of the book, the museum had a sign saying "everything else" over the exit into the rest of the world. I always thought that was neat.

:smile:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
did you ever have 'i think that it is wonderful' and 'big bird brings spring to sesame street'?i love the cookie tree, and ive got one called oscars book..but its kind of destroyed and i a few pages are missing..i pulled them all out the other day to read them! i also bought a couple really cheap just before xmas..i got elmos adventures in grouchland, brought to you by the letter b and one with ernie and bert telling jokes..i tried to tell my friends i was buying them for my kids when they come along, but theyre really for me, he, hee....

Censored

Reaction score
These are a few old favorites of mine:

"The Together Book"

"Bert's Hall Of Great Inventions"

"People In Your Neighborhood" (Original one with the big face of Ernie on the whole cover).

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
monster at the end of this book was my TOTAL fave! I wonder if they're re-releasing it. I especially loved the last page when grover says "i am so embarrassed." I didn't get the rabbit reference someone else talked about, but if they're re-releasing it, I would buy it on the spot.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
monster at the end of this book was my TOTAL fave! I wonder if they're re-releasing it. I especially loved the last page when grover says "i am so embarrassed." I didn't get the rabbit reference someone else talked about, but if they're re-releasing it, I would buy it on the spot.
I'm pretty sure you can still get that book. It's one of those perennial Sesame Street Little Golden Books that stays in print. My mom got me a copy at the Sesame Street General Store about 10 years ago, and I've seen them in stores since.

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I loved "Grover Goes to School" (I think that was the title) sooo much when I was a little kid...if I only knew what happened to my copy...

DointhePigeon

Reaction score
Don't Forget The Oatmeal

I always liked Don't Forget The Oatmeal from the Sesame Street Book Club in the early 80's. It's the one where :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: go shopping and run into Cookie Monster. After helping Cookie Monster with his shopping, they naturally forget the oatmeal. I know it's around the house somewhere, but it's the one I haven't been able to find. I also liked Alphabet Soup where :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: teach Cookie Monster how to make a healthy alphabet soup. Cookie is so hungry at the end, he gobbles down the whole pot. Anyone else remember the book club?

Edited because my brain is getting fuzzy at the age of 20.