Favorite Sesame Street Books

peyjenk

Reaction score
Over the years, there have been tons of great Sesame Street children's books made available. What are some of your favorites?

My top picks both feature my favorite SS character: Grover. They are Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum and The Monster at the End of This Book. Both are so witty and fun... I love Grover's sense of humor and all the detail that was put into both of these books.

LOL, The Monster at the End of This Book is a nice example of Sesame Street existentialism. :crazy:

roadrat15

Reaction score
I really loved "The monster at the end of this book". It really captured Frank Oz's style.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I also love the two Grover books that peyjenk mentions. I also enjoy the book Ernie's Big Mess. It was one of those learning to read type books and Ernie makes a mess and Bert yells at him so he decides to run away. He goes to Big Bird's nest, but it's too small. He goes to Grover's house but they don't fit in the bed and then he falls asleep next to Oscar's can. Bert gets worried and goes to find him, going all of the places Ernie had just been then stumbles upon him outside and tells him to come home. It's really quite cute even if it's simplistically done for the purpose of teaching children to read.