Favorite Sesame Street Humans

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorites has to be Maria, natch. Although I wish I'd see more humans than her on "Sesame Street" nowadays. I just remember when I had Noggin and...well, she was (and still is) gorgeous!

Of course, I must give honor and respect to David and Mr. Hooper. I'm glad they didn't switch actors for these two parts after the passing of Will Lee and Northern Calloway, especially because by that time the show was such an institution that people would be able to tell the difference between actors. When Gordon was switched several times, the show had yet to become as big as it is now, so they got away with switching Matt Robinson with Hal Miller, and Hal Miller to Roscoe Orman. (I am SERIOUSLY torn between Robinson and Orman as my favorite Gordon!)

Of course, this means Gordon is another favorite. So is Luis, because he has such an awesome speaking/singing voice! I also liked Raphael, the first Spanish speaking resident of the Street. He was played by Raul Julia!

Others I liked: Olivia (the only cast member I could see on Saturday mornings and Saturday nights), Uncle Wally (the episode where he appears with Oscar's schoolteacher is priceless), Gina (when she first appeared on the show), Susan and Bob (for seniority...plus Bob's been in a few hilariously flabbergasting situations during his time on the Street).

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Olivia! :smile:

I always loved her cause she was so nice and sweet, and had a beautiful voice...

I also loved Linda...seein' her on SS is what introduced me to sign language, inspired me to wanna know more about it, and now I have a college minor in it. :smile:

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Even though Matt Robinson is cool, Rocose Orman will always be my favorite Gordon. Bob is cool too! The thing I like about Gordon and Bob is that they were constantly the victims of Oscar's prankish schemes. Another thing I like about the humans was seeing them interact with Frank Oz characters in Unpaved.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Bob is the best. He's the funniest. Has a keen sense of comic timing. Makes the good brunt of jokes.

Maria is also good as chaplin.

How disappointed to know that Louis and Maria weren't actually married. When I read that I was truly bummed.

Afraid I'm a hopeless romantic.

Markus

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Will Lee (Mr. Hooper) died from Cancer on December 10, 1982.

Gonzo

Reaction score
My faves, in order:

Maria
Gordon
Bob
Gina
Susan
Luis
Linda

(and Mr. Hooper)

The humans are, and always have been, some of my favorite characters from the show, and really keep a sense of unity running throughout the decades-long run of the show. When I see them again, I'm as excited as when I see, say, Grover or someone. Like an old friend.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Jackie

Reaction score
I think Bob had to be my favorite because he kinda reminded me of Mr. Rogers only sillier and the brunt of all the jokes. Remember when he dressed up like a bananana? LOL!!!! And the Muppets always seemed to crack him up when he was singing "People in your Neighborhood" he always had to try and compose himself before finishing the song. I loved that! LOL!

Gonzo

Reaction score
I do think Bob has been underappreciated and unfairly maligned the last few years--a wonderful performer and sweet guy. I miss seeing Bob around the Street. May have to tune in today and look for him.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I do think Bob has been underappreciated and unfairly maligned the last few years--a wonderful performer and sweet guy. I miss seeing Bob around the Street. May have to tune in today and look for him.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn
I always wanted Bob and Linda to get Married! But you know how it is. Not everyone can get hitched on Sesame Street!