1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Sesame Street Skits 90's

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by dinoboy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

song: The Elephant Elevator Operator

song: The Boogie Woogie Piggies Sing The ABC's

Animated film: Seeing the word Elevator going into Elevator and going up. The Background Music is very fond.

Sometimes I like to Pretend That I can Fly.

animated film Green Dinosaur is told To Go around the rock
    animated film Green Dinosaur Is told to close the Window Shade

Sped up film showing dinosaur statues in park as they show off the letter D

A bunch of cartoon drawings on wall of school gymnasium come to life as the Exit sign flashes and they leave the room.

Fat Round Blue Goes to Pizzaria Dos, where he gets two grapedrinks and two slices of pizza, and another fat round blue is made, since he says that he would need two of him to eat his lunch.

Scene of little kids playing in a special gym with colorful 3-d mats and shapes, as the song "You Can Get Right Up, If Your Feeling down song is being sung." (that looks like a fun place to play in)

Elmo's World episodes

Bells- they show a wonderful harmonious handbell choir

Dinosaurs

Family-scene where a little girl plays a game "tickles my mommy" with her mom. Carefull, your sister might get an idea from that and start tickling you. Plus the Oinker Sisters Have a great singing voice.

Eating- Doesn't all that food look good enough to eat.

Drawing- It's fun to draw and be creative.
  2. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Definately Alphaquest.
  3. PinballStewie

PinballStewie New Member

A lot of my fave SS skits from the '90s could probably also count as '80s skits as well since a lot of them came out about 1989/1990:

"Sing A Song of 14"
    "Mother Brown's Farm"
    "16 Blues"
    The Animal Dept. Store Elevator songs
    some of the animations Bruce Cayard did as "ArtistMike" (i.e. Wilma Wiggins, Zork, etc.)
    Alphaquest
    the rap song about not littering
    "Love the Ocean"
    many of the number animations that went between 13 and 20 (and sometimes other numbers) like Rubber Stamps, the Animal Numbers, the African Mask Numbers that Sally Cruikshank animated, Growing Numbers, and the "rap" songs about numbers
    Cecille the Ball
    "Just Take A Look At 15"
    The 10 to 0 number factory
    Pizzeria Dos

I don't really like a lot of the skits that came out later than these; the exceptions of which are mainly rock-and-roll-inspired skits like the "Telly's Town" episode, "Count It 1-2-3", "Don't Waste the Water (Turn It Off)", "Little Miss Count Along", "We Are the Lead Police", and the "Animal Rock Numbers" series.
  4. FatBlueMuppet

FatBlueMuppet New Member

Mine are

Big Bird and Snuffy's take a map song

Who wants to make a ......... Letter segments with Marias voice over.

Brush Brush Boogie

The rap song with the Count and Kid N Play

The between song with Savion and Gina.
  5. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

My Favorite Sesame Street Segment was Elmo's World, Between you and me and Pizzariea Dos

11/4/08
    Barack Obama
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, if I had to chose, I would say all the Noodles and Neds as well as most of the Mo Willems stuff (I didn't like the "Let's see what the judge says" bits)

I also really liked Watermelons and Cheese.
  7. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Too Many! I Love Them All!
  8. Soul H

Soul H New Member

I definatley have to say Animal Rockers.
    BuddyBoy600alt likes this.
  9. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

Ernie & Bert singing "Things That I Remember" :p :(
  10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Oh gosh most of my favourite Sesame skits are 90s ones. Here's a few of my top favourites:

Song - Anyone's Nose (it's pure Gold, and just the way I like to hear Cole Porter's music)

Song - I Can Sing Anything When I Sing With You (it just sums two great singing-puppeteers up perfectly)

Song - I Get A Kick Out Of U (a wonderful parody of Merman, with a subtle second parody)

Sketch - Al's Alphabet Garage

Song/Sketch - A Diva Sings The Alphabet (the one where the stage hands move the board up and down).

Nestrapolitan Opera Presents: Charmin' (hilarious piece about a fax machine)

A Song For Two Will Make Us One (it's one of the cooperation songs).

I think half a dozen is enough to be going on with. But I could go on...

Actually here's one more favourte

Song - I Am Chicken (as Danny Horn once in his Muppetzine said "It's A Muppet classic").

And yes I guess it's easy to see where my preference lies.
  11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

How about that one long skit where the count sleeps over at Ernie & Bert's house and the count's constant counting kept Ernie up, and Ernie walks by Bert, and the funny part is at the end when Ernie says: *forty three thousand (something something) SIX!* (faints)
  12. Drtooth

I don't think that one was from the 90's at all. Ernie was played by Jim Henson in that one.
  13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

hmmm............... the one "Rap & count, Rap & Count" song with Count von Count, Kid & Play
  14. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ahh.. 90s SS, back when it used to be on twice a day- morning and arvo. I grew up with mid-late 90s Sesame Street, but I recall seeing a lot of sketches from the 80s and even the 70s which aired on the episodes. I really loved 90's SS, I enjoyed all of the sketches!
  15. The Shoe Fairy

I agree. I grew up with them and rightly so I recckon some of them are timeless. Not to mention the inumerable 90s pop culture references.
  16. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah, what I love about SS is that it's always up with everything! In the 90's it had so many pop culture references, it had lots of parodies (eg. Mosterpiece Theatre, which began in the 80s) and even The Simpsons turned up, lol!
  17. The Shoe Fairy

Oh yeah, Lol somewhere there is a picture of Grover holding a Simpsons picture.
  18. Drtooth

have you tried, maybe, Muppet Wiki?
  19. The Shoe Fairy

Lol. I already knew it's whereabouts
  20. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

C drives me crazy
    Things that I remember
    All Number segments
    Pencil Box