Favorite SNL sketch

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Church Lady-(Dana Carvey) :big_grin:

(when my friend and I first saw her,we thought that she/he looked like our 10th grade English teacher! LOL!)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh SNL....So many wonderful sketches, I don't know where to begin!

I love some of the ones already mentioned, namely the Cowbell Sketch. My dad is obessed with that sketch and it became a family joke. "I got a fever...and the only thing that'll cure it, is more cowbell!"

Chopping Broccoli is a good one too.

I also loved Chris Farley's Motivational Speaker "Living in a VAN down by the RIVER!"

Spartan Cheerleaders, always funny (my friends and I love going through and doing "Roll Call")

The Culp's always cracked me up as well.

Steve Martin was one of my all time favorite guest hosts. I love his "King Tut" number and him and Dan Akroyd doing "Wild and Crazy Guys" I also love when he gets "Happy Feet" There's a great sketch with him and Gilda Radner dancing and it's clearly a slow song but every so often they get happy feet.

The Night at the Roxbury guys, suddenly I can't remember their names, but Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan played them. It was funny, one time Tom Hanks joined up with them when he hosted.

I always enjoy a good Mango sketch.

Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze trying out for Chippendales, that was a pretty good one too.

The Chris Farley Show. I love when Paul McCartney was on and Chris Farley says "You remember when you were in the Beatles? That was pretty cool."

Anyway, I could go on and on about SNL, but those are some of my random favorites off the top of my head.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have a confession, I never actually saw the cowbell sketch :embarrassed: , but I've heard a lot about it.

But another I absolutely loved was Mike Myers as Linda Richman in Coffee Talk
"I'm all verklempt ... (sniff) ... talk amongst yourselves .. I'll give you a topic .... Rhode Island is neither a Road, nor a state, discuss!"

Katzi428

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
But another I absolutely loved was Mike Myers as Linda Richman in Coffee Talk
"I'm all verklempt ... (sniff) ... talk amongst yourselves .. I'll give you a topic .... Rhode Island is neither a Road, nor a state, discuss!"
Did you know that Mike Myers patterned Linda Richman after his mother in law?
Discuss!:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked that Jeopardy skit Will Ferrell did as Alex Trebek, and one of the categories was "Colors that end in 'urple'".

I also liked the skit I saw the other night where Tom Hanks was that weird curly haired weirdo doing yoga with that little girl he scared the heck out of.

Speaking of which that girl looked a little bit like my fellow puppeteer at my local PBS station only shorter.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
"and the final catagory is, Current US Presidents" - Will Ferrel as Alex Trebek

Frogster

Reaction score
Keaneu Reeves: I shall take "Balloons" for $800 if you please!
Alex Trebek: Balloons is not a category...
KR: My mistake, I shall take "Balloons" for $600!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
yeah, celebrity jeopardy and night at the roxbury are my faves!!!

"is the hot tea hot or cold? hot hot hot- or cold?"
"is is iced tea?"
"no its hot tea"
"well then I have no idea."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIRGxM1hHI

you cant help but bob your head with them.... hehe :smile: