Favorite surprises from season 40

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
What has been your favorite surprise moment from season 40? Mine are Kermit's cameo in Elmo's World: Frogs, Jim's photo at the laundromat, Bip watching the Worm Race and saying Mahna Mahna , Sherlock Hemlock and Jerry on 4206 and Brian making a cameo on 4211.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Definitely Kermit's cameo - that was a true surprise, because we knew to expect a resurgance of classic character cameos from year's past, but we had no idea that we'd be seeing Kermit for the first time in eight years.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For me, I'm surprised as to what segments they used. And while, yes, they repeated A LOT of new material, there were still some repeated stuff not used in awhile. I was surprised to see the "Romeo and Alphabet" sketch re-air.

Mupp

Reaction score
I've just loved all of the hidden gems.
Plus, I love how we've seen so many classic characters invloled in street stories, like Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie Monster, the Count.
Of course, there has still been plenty of Elmo and Abby, but there has been a balance, and that I appreciate.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Bip's cameo, Jon Stone's tribute poster, and Luis pulling Teeny Little Super Guy out of the broken washing machine.

ISNorden

Reaction score
My top five favorite surprises this season:

1. Kermit's all-too-brief reappearance in "Elmo's World: Frogs".
2. The multi-character reappearance in the Squirmadega race story.
3. Luis' attempt at repairing the washing machine; as I stated in the Hidden Gems thread, it reminded me of that classic clip with Ernie pulling H-word items from the broken TV set.
4. Mr. Johnson's appearance (minus Grover, but still cool) in the "Abby changes seasons for Elmo" story.
5. Harvey Kneeslapper's tagging the beach ball with a 7 in the "Seven Celebration" story.