1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Favorite Team-up

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Auberoun, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

Who are your favorite Muppet duos? (Including Fraggles) and why?

Mine are;

1. Kermit and Fozzie - especially in TMS, they were alot like Abbot and Costello, their comedic timing was impeccable! Probably because Jim and Frank worked together for a long time even before that!

2. Gonzo and Rizzo - In TMCC, Gonzo as Dickens and Rizzo just was classic!

3. Bunsen and Beaker - The list wouldn't be complete without these two!

miss kermie and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  2. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

1. Kermit and Robin from "The Frog Prince"- They made an awesome team as they took on the witch Taminella and her ogre Sweetums. Great movie.

2. Statler and Waldorf- Goes without saying.

3. Fozzy and Link Hogthrob in "Bear on Patrol"- I always enjoyed this particular skit, I wish they would've done it more.

4. Dr. Phil Van Nueter and Mulch- They were my favorite duo from "Muppets Tonight."

3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. It's a team up that doesn't get a lot of attention but was very endearing and touching. :)

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

Fozzie and Rowlf, my favorite sketch of these two has got to be the Country Garden piano duo.
    I grew up with the Gonzo and Rizzo duo, and despite Muppets from Space being not as I hoped to be, I find the way their friendship was portrayed in the movie very touching.

Duke Remington and Auberoun like this.
  5. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

gonzo and rizzo- i grew up with this pair as well, i love them and really wish rizzo had been in the movie so they could have had a moment together at least

kermit and piggy- it might be boring to say them since they're the most obvious pair, but i really do think jim and frank had SUCH great chemistry and back and forth as these two, and people loved them for a reason. and i also think when jim died, a lot of their magic was lost, until recently. in the past few years i think steve and eric have really gelled as a team and managed to make them a great duo again. i think eric is absolutely great with frank's characters and i see a genuine rapport btw them when kermit and piggy make their appearances lately

6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Have to say Floyd and Janice, their relationship is just so groovy, fer sure. :sing: :flirt:

7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like all the ones you guys have posted so far, but one of my favorite offbeat duos is Dr. Teeth and Sam the Eagle, because the skit where Dr. Teeth explains "Mack the Knife" to Sam is hilarious.

8. Borples

Borples Active Member

Boober and Wembley--hence my avatar. You could tell the people involved in the show really liked this pairing too. In the DVD extra about "Scared Silly," Jocelyn Stevenson refers to Boober as Wembley's best friend. I read an interview w/ Jerry Nelson somewhere in which he was asked something about Gobo and Wembley's best friendship. He sort of shrugged it off and said that Boober was probably Wembley's best friend, it was just they couldn't room together b/c Boober would have been a terrible influence on Wembley. This despite the fact that the scripts continually said that Wembley and Gobo were best friends. Not that a Fraggle can't have more than one best friend, of course. And why am I going on about this? Boober and Wembley make me laugh, a lot, and they're an awesome pair, is all I'm saying.

Gonzo and Rizzo. Kermit will always be my favorite Muppet, but I think I'd rather watch Gonzo and Rizzo as a team than Kermit on his own.

Kermit and Fozzie--all the fun of Jim and Frank's chemistry without the sense that somebody is about to get karate chopped or fired. ;-)

Duke Remington and PanthraDion like this.
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Another classic pair. Pebble Pox Blues probably shows off their dynamic the best, plus it's such a cute episode.

10. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Kermit and Fozzie!!!!
    Statler and Waldorf-So funny together!
    Gonzo and Rizzo is always neat!
    Wembley and Gobo-Such a great friendship.
    Red adn Cotterpin Doozer-Most metaphorical relationship.
    Bert adn Ernie!-If Sesame is allowed such classic.
    Wayne and Wanda-Not very good on their own,but terrific together.
    Philo and Gunge-They are such a great pair.You hardly ever see them apart, and good reason for that.

Duke Remington and PanthraDion like this.
  11. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

While watching the World of Jim Henson, I was reminded about a scene from TMS that had Fozzie playing the piano, and Rowlf comes up and says,
    :sympathy: "I didn't know you knew how to play the piana"
    :o "Neither did I"

The whole scene is charming, whimsical and amusing. Again, Frank and Jim never cease to amaze me.

Dominicboo1, Borples and Nasubionna like this.
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Rizzo and Gonzo - Comedy gold comes when they are together, LOL.

Red and Gobo - They are so snarky and competitive towards each other, it's fun to watch.

Kermit and Fozzie

Kermit and Robin - It's so cute :)

Dominicboo1 and PanthraDion like this.
  13. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

I haven't seen anyone mention Rizzo and Pepe yet. I thought their interactions were one of the funniest things about "Muppets From Space".

14. MuppetsFan4Life

MuppetsFan4Life Active Member

Wembley and Cotterpin - I know it was only once, but they worked so well together and I love the song they sang!

Wayne and Wanda- Can they ever get a song right?? LOL They never fail to make me laugh and I wish we could see them sing more songs...for 5 seconds or so...

15. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Rizzo and Pepe- SO Funny! :shifty::rolleyes:

16. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I know everybody has already said this. And I know it's just repetitive. But I really love Gonzo and Rizzo as a pair! It's an excellent example of Steve and Dave's amazing job as a performing duo. I wish there could have been more of those "Gonzo and Rizzo's Amazing Discoveries" sketches on Muppets Tonight.

Borples likes this.
  17. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Kermit and Miss Piggy- I'm a romantic, so it's natural for me to like them, and they're really funny when they admit they actually have feelings for eachother.

Link and Strangpork- You gotta love how they bag on Miss Piggy!

Miss Piggy, Randy and Andy- There's nothin' better than a bajillion few family arguements!

Bunsen and Beaker- Need I say anything more?

Fraggline likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Rizzo and Pepe
    Gonzo and Rizzo

19. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Agreed! Poor Piggy, putting up with those boys! :D

20. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Yeah--this reminds me of the Peter Ustinov episode! Poor Kermit...