1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite TMS Scene?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Gelfling Girl, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Well-Known Member

For me it's probably the Vet Hospital sketch with Bo as the patient ("and I had so much I wanted to do with my life" "Like what?" "Well, like frizz my hair and buy some new shoes") or the Banana Sharpener or maybe the Elevator Shoes ("Beaker, you never told me you wore stripey socks!")

2. Scooterthegofer

Scooterthegofer Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe just the Elton John episode in general, it is one of the few episodes past Season 1 where Scooter has a major stake in the outcome. But then, Sam's bit is also hilarious."I have seen some pretty weird guest stars on thish show, but this Elton John borders on the revolutionary!" But, then, what they did with the Beaker clones episode (Especially having two of them heckling incomprehensibly in place of Statler and Waldorf) makes it one too.:eek::eek::eek:

3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Wow that's like choosing a fave song by one's fave artist or a fave Muppet ... so many classics to choose from.

But there are three that come to the top of my mind as the best of the best:

Sax & Violence - not only do you get Mahna Mahna doing his typical thing of infusing his unique hip vision into a musical number (as he also does in Mahna Mahna and Wild String Quartet) but everything in this bit is just top-notch...the music, the concept, the Zoot/Nigel dialogue at the beginning, but what REALLY makes it the gem it is is the puppetry! The physical interplay and reactions all throughout is wildly hilarious - this piece is essentially "puppet mime" once the music starts and the performers are at the top of their game.

"Do Re Me" - just total Muppet goofiness and another example of the entire team working together with their own characters creating a comedic tapestry. It's amazing what the simplist concept can do when performed and directed with top-notch pros...everything from how the whole piece just starts up right away with no introduction to everyone (except Kermit) finally singing together having fun at the end while Kermit screams "you're ruining the whole song!"

The opening/closing theme of Loretta Lynn episode. So brilliantly awful. So horrible it's wonderful! The music is terrifically off-key and tempo, the cheesy Fozzie-painted Muppet Show logo, Kermit having to call out "music!" - everyone totally confused but plowing forward with that show-must-go-on attitude, the thrill of seeing different more obscure characters doing the kicklines, Beaker looking more confused/worried than usual in the last verse (plus more obscure characters thrown in that shot like the jug band and Crazy Harry (and yeah, i know Crazy Harry's in the standard opening but barely visible). This is the moment i always come back to when i want to demonstrate how wild Muppet humor is.

4. Fluffets

Fluffets Well-Known Member

Mahna Mahna fer sure!:flirt::) And If we're now doing top 3's then I'll also add Wig Racing ("No sir I do not use shampoo, only use real poo, nothing but the best poo for my wig!") and
    all-purpose tenderizer :confused:("Ok, which one of you tenderized the table? I MEAN it!")

5. Gelfling Girl

Yes, that was one of my favorite episodes. Bunsen is so evil, always blowing up Beakie and stuff like that. It's so wonderful that Beaker got revenge.
    I also liked it on the Danny Kaye episode when Floyd and Janice were in the balcony, instead of Statler and Waldorf.

6. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Well-Known Member

My favorite TMS Scene that Dr.Teeth and the band rescued Janice from the evil Pigs Canibals! It's from Lynda Carter epsiode!

7. Gelfling Girl

Yeah, that's also a great scene. Janice is definitely my favorite Muppet. :flirt:

8. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I think the introduction that Kermit does on the Harry Belafonte episode (where he reads the script that Fozzie provided him with) was quite hilarious the first time I saw it, and I have season 1 and 3 of the muppet show so now I can relive that hilarious moment whenever I want!

How about the one where Bunsen invents the Gorilla Detector? OMG! That was so hilarious!

9. muppets2

muppets2 Well-Known Member

my fav scene was when statler got this afrcian plant and it grew and started eating everything as for a regular skecth i think vet hospital:sympathy::mad::flirt:

10. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Well-Known Member

Janice is my favorite muppet too! Gelfling Girl!

11. muppets2

yea but gorilla detector was funny:confused:

12. Scooterthegofer

Actually, I started feeling sorry for Bunsen.:confused:

13. muppets2

14. muppets2

the whole purpose of beaker was to make people see that Bunsens experiments didnt work so he was suppose too get hurt:confused::eek:

15. Gelfling Girl

Yeah, I know, but you pretty much have to feel sorry for him. :eek:

16. muppets2

i do too but he doesnt have too take revenge he already won webby award:eek:

17. Scooterthegofer

18. peyjenk

peyjenk Well-Known Member

Hands-down, no contest, winner-take-all, my favorite scene is when Kermit fires Piggy. That scene ALWAYS sends me into hysterical laughter, no matter how many times I watch it. Kermit gets mad sometimes, sure, but I don't think he's ever been THAT mad before or since... and it makes for the Greatest Muppet Show Clip Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9JeytBMLdc

19. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Well-Known Member

i haven't seen all of them, just the third season, but hopefully i'll get the first two today. one of my favourite's is the pearl baley episode where they doing the camelot scene, or the parets of pensance, but kermit booked the talking carrot. or anything scooter was in ;)

i was watching clips on youtube and came across a couple scooter things, the Jabberwockey scene made me laugh so hard, cuz i've read it and it's so strange, when scooter said 'Have you seen the Scene? Even when you know what it is, you don't know what it is!' i laughed so hard, best scooter line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCJFFxoHJ4&feature=channel_page

check it out

20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter Well-Known Member

"You can't just throw her out into the street!"
    "Not without a forklift, I can't!"

Briliant! I've loved that line since I was a kid.

This is tough. Favorite Muppet Show scene? I really like Sax and Violence, as dw mentioned... Ummmmmm... dunno. The Lynda Carter episode (wher my username comes from) has a great bit:

"How to fly: Flying is a simple matter of belief. Anyone can fly as he believes that he can. Stand at the top of a tall ladder and say to yourself, 'I was born to fly!'"
    "I was born to fly!"
    "'The air is my home!'"
    "The air is my home!"
    "Now if you believe that, step off the ladder, and float to the ceiling!"
    (Super Goofs fall to the floor.)

It's so sad and hillarious how dumb they all are in that scene.