Favorite Zoot moment?

Auberoun

Reaction score
So, while listening to Episode 304 (Gildna Radner) of the Muppet Show at work, I cracked up at the Rowlf and Zoot duet. (They end up glued to their respective instruments.) It is not often we here Zoot speak anyway, but when we do it is usually pretty funny. This one IMHO a bit more so, since he has a "sax hum" quality and you can't make out what he is saying too well.

What are your favorite Zoot moments?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Well, I can tell somebody's a Zoot fan. :cool: My favorite moment is all of the "Musician Jokes" he and Floyd (and Animal in one of them) do in the Dizzy Gillespie episode. My favorite being...........
Man: Excuse me. Cross town buses run all night?
Floyd and Zoot: Do dah! Do dah!

Auberoun

Reaction score
Well, I can tell somebody's a Zoot fan. :cool: My favorite moment is all of the "Musician Jokes" he and Floyd (and Animal in one of them) do in the Dizzy Gillespie episode. My favorite being...........
Man: Excuse me. Cross town buses run all night?
Floyd and Zoot: Do dah! Do dah!
That is funny! I am not really a hardcore Zoot fan, just a big Muppet fan. Zoot I feel is under-appreciated, and not very well represented here on the forums though. And you see "Your favorite 'X' moment" threads, and I haven't seen any Zoot ones, so I thought it could be fun to include it and what people say.

snichols1973

Reaction score
It seems rather strange that Zoot's lines in TGMC seem to outnumber all those from other Muppet films combined.....

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Remember the one where Zoot plays sax and smoke comes out of it through out the musical number then just clouds up the camera while Rowld and Zoot coughs" lol One of my favorites, that and the one with the fly going into Zoots sax while he's jamming with Floyd and at the end he just slips the fly out of his mouth. lol

Hubert

Reaction score
Strangely enough, I don't know if I have a favorite Zoot moment. He's always just such a big part yet one that I don't often recognize specifically. I'll have to think about this.

Though, of course, we can't forget the end of every TMS episode. :cool:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Heeellooooo, where did this thread come from?

Personally, I love just even a second of when he's the centre of attention or a slight action that defies his character more. But if you had to twist my arm and make me choose, I'd go with him lighting a Menorah at the end of Letters to Santa.

Well, next to;

:cool:: Come in?! I've been sleeping here for three months!