Favourite animated movies?

Rachel

Reaction score
Which animated movies do you like?

For me my favourites would have to be Disney's Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella, The Emperor's New Groove, and The Lion King.

Other non-Disney animated movies I like are All Dogs Go To Heaven (but ONLY the 1989 original) and Anastasia.

What about you?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
hmm....

Beavis & Butthead Do America
Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights

ummmmmmm.......
The Fox and The Hound

uuuhhhhhhhh......
that's all i can think of off hand.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
my favorites are Beauty and The Beast, Robin Hood,101 Dalmations, and Fievel Goes West.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
My favourite animated movie ever is "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", for it was BRILLIANT! Unlike some animated TV shows turned movies (er... all I can really think of is "Beavis and Butthead Do America") it wasn't a 90 minute episode, it was actually a movie. And funny! And I've always loved South Park... so sue me.

I also love "All Dogs Go to Heaven"... man, I gotta pop that in the VCR someday. It's been awhile.

And my fav Disney movie ever is "Aladdin". You gotsta love Robin Williams in that movie in all his manic depressive glory.

I also really like "Princess Mononoke", but I never got to see "Spirited Away". (Cries)

^_^ Debo

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
  • The Secret of NIMH
  • The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound
  • A Bug's Life (computer animated still counts!)
  • Cats Don't Dance
  • The Last Unicorn
  • Lilo and Stitch
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • Pinnochio
  • Wakko's Wish
  • Tiny Toons How I Spent My Summer Vacation
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • The Hobbit (Rankin/Bass version; I don't care what anyone says about it)
  • An American Tail

I also want to see Treasure Planet and the Wild Thornberrys movie.

-Kim

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
My favourite animated movie ever is "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", for it was BRILLIANT! Unlike some animated TV shows turned movies (er... all I can really think of is "Beavis and Butthead Do America") it wasn't a 90 minute episode, it was actually a movie. And funny! And I've always loved South Park... so sue me.

I also love "All Dogs Go to Heaven"... man, I gotta pop that in the VCR someday. It's been awhile.

And my fav Disney movie ever is "Aladdin". You gotsta love Robin Williams in that movie in all his manic depressive glory.

I also really like "Princess Mononoke", but I never got to see "Spirited Away". (Cries)

^_^ Debo
Oh in total agreement! South Park was surprisingly jarring and epic. The first and thrid Aladdin with Robin Williams was truly great as well. And ack! Im sorry ya didnt get to see Spirited Away. I guess the Diz wanted to focus on Treasure Planet...and look where that got em. And yeah, Princess Mononoke rawked.

Ok, here's mine:

*AKIRA
*Ghost in the Shell
*Neon Genesis Evangelion
*Spirited Away(I cannot express how beautifully drawn and epic this was)
*The Tune(obscure Bill Plympton animated film from 1992)
*Monsters Inc(Pixar's finest IMHO)
*Star Chasers(First 3d movie I ever saw in theatres!)
*Doonesbury(1977, oscar nominated, and cannes winner)
*Tarzan(the 1999 Diz one, perhaps the most anime influenced and best of the post song and dance Diz animated features)
*Emperor's New Groove(another great post song and dance era)
*Pinnochio 2: Emperor of the Night(Well, when I saw it in theatres I loved it...I probably wouldnt think the animation was all that these days)
*Perfect Blue(one of th ebest non cliche, serious thriller animes Ive seen)
*Cowboy Bebop the movie
*Metropolis(2002)
*Antz(sorry Pixar, thoguht this was leaps and bounds better than A Bug's Life...then again Im a huge Woody Allen fan)

I'm sure there is more...can't think right now.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Touchstone:
Nightmare Before Christmas (stop motion animation)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (well a movie with animation in it...)

classic style Disney animation:
Robin Hood
Lilo & Stitch (best thing Disney has done in a long time, too bad they're gonna ruin it with sequels and a tv show)

non-Disney:
Iron Giant (just saw it recently for the first time and it's the best animated film Warner Brothers has ever made, it's amazing this is the same studio that brought us garbage like Space Jam and Quest For Camelot)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Walt Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY is at THE top o' my list.

Others:

• [*]Fantasia
    [*]Fantasia 2000
    [*]101 Dalmatians
    [*]Robin Hood
    [*]The Sword In The Stone
    [*]The Little Mermaid
    [*]Cinderella
    [*]Snow White
    [*]Pinocchio

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
i'm dying to see that! my mom lets me watch the show...but she wont let me rent the movie...

i also love 101 Dalmations

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1 Who Framed Roger Rabbit
2 The Secret of Nimh
3 The Little Mermaid
4 The Nightmare Before Christmas
5 Shrek
6 Beauty and the Beast
7 The Lion King
8 Antz
9 Fantasia
10 Monsters Inc
Runners Up: Iron Giant, All Dogs Go to Heaven (original)

These are the ones that spring to mind. Hope I didn't leave any out, but my taste leans far away from japanese animation and children's animation. Monsters Inc skirts the line for me. It could have been more interesting and a little bit darker, but with its spectacular animation, it had to be included. If only Pixar could marry their animation with mature material, I would be completely happy. I know many disagree. :smile: