Favourite animated movies?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm SOOO glad there are people here who like Secret of NIMH!!!! It's one of my favorites, and it's not always very popular....I also love Disney's Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Toy Story, and Lady & the Tramp, (Peg's my fave character), An American Tail, Fievel Goes West, Cats Don't Dance, All Dogs go to Heaven, The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, (they HAVE animated characters in it!), WAKKO'S WISH, Shrek, Iron Giant, and Transformers the Movie. (Go ahead & laugh at me!) Being a movie freak, (and yes, an ANIMATED movie freak), there are probably more, but that's enough for now!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My personal list

Rodger Rabbit
Emperor's New Groove
A Boy Named Charlie Brown
Lilo and Stitch
Akira
Nightmare Before CHristmas
Aladdin
Lion King
Monsters Inc
Shrek
Toy Story 1 and 2
Bugs Life
Antz
Ice Age
Jungle Book

there are more, but I can't exactly think of them. I did not count direct to video movies, or I would have put Wakko'c Wish up there too!

Pezbaluha (hope I spelt it right) I am also worried about a Lilo and Stitch Sequal! It was a great movie, and this would definately ruin it! The TV show, no0t so much, manily because Weird Al Yankovic is sschedualed to do a voice over.

Manda with a happy face: I thought I was the OOOOONLY one who liked the Bullwinkle movie. I am a die hard Bullwinkle fan, and I thought thee movie was close to the sactual show. Much better than Dudley DoRIght!

beaker: I saw an Anime comic book version of Monsters Inc.. thought of you. Wish I had money to get it. Roz looked creepy as H*ll in it!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
If you would believe it, I don't like very many animated movies. However, I do like:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (IMO, the best Batman movie...)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (stop-motion)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (has animated characters in it)

rowlf84

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Batman made someone's list. I'd have to agree with everyone's list so far, but my recent faves are:
Ice Age
Monsters Inc.
Batman Beyond
Nightmare Before Christmas
Chicken Run

There are sooooo many others, but these are the ones I've watched recently.

As a side note: for all you "All Dogs go to Heaven" and "Nightmare Before Christmas" fans, my brother has been in a few St. Louis productions with Ken Page, the voice of Oogie Boogie and the crocodile dude. I've actually got to meet him. Very nice guy.

Gonzo

Reaction score
In no particular order:

Sleeping Beauty
Beauty and the Beast
Winnie the Pooh
Robin Hood
Cinderella
Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown
Toy Story
Toy Story II
Chicken Run
Wallace & Gromit (all 3)
The Batman/Superman Movie
Fleischer Superman Cartoons
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
South Park

That's it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frag! I forgot about Chicken Run and Wallace and Grommet. Why?

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
the Disney movies are for sure my favourites. They make me go so mushy in the love scenes.:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

beaker: I saw an Anime comic book version of Monsters Inc.. thought of you. Wish I had money to get it. Roz looked creepy as H*ll in it!
Hehe, I actually have that! I called Monsters Inc. the best film of last year. Not sure what the best film of 2002 is yet.

Btw, I would like to ammend my list to include Roger Rabbit and Nightmare Before Xmas. Wasnt sure if this was to include non cel/cgi animation.

Finally, I think Im gonna watch the Lilo & Stitch dvd tommorrow. I havent seen the movie yet, and people on here seem to like it, so I cant wait to watch it. At least there is no 'save the princess, two sidekicks, evil emperor, song and dance' crud that Disney seemed to get stuck in all throughout the 90's. Good to see Tarzan broke that cookie cutter formula.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What the heck is going to win the Oscar for this year's crop of animated films? Ice Age, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Spirit, 8 Crazy Nights and Spirited Away are the only conteders. I've only seen Ice Age. It was fun - I think it might win, but is definitely not Oscar worthy in my eyes. Lilo and Stitch just looked like an animated Gremlins-like kiddie pic so I skipped it. I don't enjoy anime so I never caught Spirited Away, but I'll bite the bullet when it comes out on DVD. Spirit looked uninteresting and the public seemed to agree. It could get a nod, but probably won't be a winner. Adam Sandler...pahleeze. Don't think that will be on the radar. Treasure Planet is the only other big contender in my opinion, but it's not doing great at the box office. Ice Age just seemed like the crowd pleaser and that may be what pushes it up in the voters' minds.

(Who knows what they'll pick. They are notorious for strange choices.