Favourite Muppet Song

floyd<3janice

Reaction score
What song's your favourite?
weather it's an original muppet song or a cover they did what's you're favourite?
I have a few
Can you picture that?-electric mayhem
Rainbow Connection-Kermit
While my guitar gently weeps- Floyd (cover)
Act Naturally-Floyd&Janice(cover) Gonzo(cover)
etc...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Hayley on this one as well. Rainbow Connection makes me cry buckets everytime I hear it. And that's no joke I literally start crying. It's one reason I don't watch The Muppet Movie a lot because the tears just flow. And yeah I cried when it was played in the recent movie.

But after Rainbow Connection it's really impossible for me to name a favorite I love a lot of songs. I love "The First Time It Happens" cause of Kermit and Piggy and I think it's so sweet. "Just One Person" and "Being Green" I love as well and they also make me cry too.

floyd<3janice

Reaction score
I love rainbow connection too <3
It's one of those songs that you hear and it just brings back memories and makes you feel happy

Vincent L

Reaction score
Don't ask me this question, because the answer changes every day.
Right now it's Couldn't We Ride.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
"Movin' Right Along" is just the one I always think about! It makes me IMMEDIATELY want to roadtrip with all my friends and take the good in with the bad. Hooray for adventure and Muppets :excited:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
"Rainbow Connection" is far and away my favourite, but "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" is a strong second. As a touring musician, I have enjoyed playing both of those songs almost as much as I enjoy listening to them.

I don't think "Hey, A Movie" gets nearly the credit it deserves. It's a great opening song and a fun number overall, right down to Sweetums hollering, "IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP IT?" in the last verse.

A very selfish part of me would love to see the next Muppet movie open with that song, even though I'd prefer that it be a fresh new film and not a Muppet nostalgia trip.

"This Frog," a Kermit number from Sesame Street, is also vastly underrated in the Muppet universe. I found it on YouTube a couple of years ago and it blew me away. It still brings me a great adrenaline shot on down days.

There are so many other great ones..."Bein' Green," "Where The River Meets The Sea," "Our World," "Just One Person," "Movin' Right Along," "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along," "The Rhyming Song" (Link: "There's no hot water in my hotel"), "You and I and George," "The Christmas Wish," "It's In Every One Of Us," "The First Time It Happens," "Saying Goodbye," "Love Led Us Here," "Everyone Matters," "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus," "Pictures In My Head," "Life's A Happy Song," "Man or Muppet"...

Quality music has kept me coming back to the Muppets year after year and I'm so happy that tradition continues to this day.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
"Rainbow Connection" is far and away my favourite, but "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" is a strong second.
"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" *is* gorgeous. Dangit! I really can't have a favorite! :big_grin:

I think that the Muppets sing some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, simple and pretty but many times, of deep subject matter!

Branching into Sesame Street, "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" is bittersweet and gentle. And Fraggle Rock's "Let Me Be Your Song" is just the grooviest thing, especially with the long intro :smile: (and...romantic[?!] lyrics). But I don't want to digress from classic Muppets jazz, haha

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My favorite Muppet songs of all time include:
  1. I Don't Want To Live On The Moon from Seasme Street
  2. Follow Me & Let Me Be Your Song from Fraggle Rock
  3. Just One Person
  4. We Are The Children Of Tomorrow from Fraggle Rock
Thank you, Plaid Fraggle! You made my day so much better.