Favourite Rowlf Moments?

Pianodog

Reaction score
Yes, as you can probably deduce I'm a fan of the floppy-eared one, and would like to hear what your favourite scenes are featuring him. Unfortunately we don't get to see or hear much of him these days, so I guess most of the good stuff is from the earlier years.

My favourites include the songs "I Never Harmed an Onion", "You and Me and George" and "Hope That Something Better Comes Along" (in the case of the latter, I love the whole scene, not just the song) and his poem about silence.

Pianodog.

BEAR

Reaction score
Pianodog said:
Yes, as you can probably deduce I'm a fan of the floppy-eared one, and would like to hear what your favourite scenes are featuring him. Unfortunately we don't get to see or hear much of him these days, so I guess most of the good stuff is from the earlier years.

My favourites include the songs "I Never Harmed an Onion", "You and Me and George" and "Hope That Something Better Comes Along" (in the case of the latter, I love the whole scene, not just the song) and his poem about silence.

Pianodog.
I also liked his introduction in the Muppet Movie. It was really a beautiful scene between the 2 characters. I think of all the Classic Muppet gang, Rowlf has the deepest and most sensitive soul. Probably one of the most well-rounded/developed of the characters.

Pianodog

Reaction score
I agree completely. I like the fact that Rowlf seems to have been around, seen it all, and has come to terms with it in that laid-back, philosophical way of his, and without losing his sense of humour. At least, that's how I see him!

Pianodog.

superboober

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be where Scooter has him singing "It's Not Where You Start" way too fast. :sympathy:

Pianodog

Reaction score
superboober said:
My favorite would have to be where Scooter has him singing "It's Not Where You Start" way too fast. :sympathy:
Oh yes! How could I have forgotten that one? That's a marvelous song/gag!

Pianodog.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There was some song Ralph's singing some song that starts out with the word blast oof and the candles on his piano blasts off like a rocket. Ralph naturally is horified.

Java

Reaction score
You and me and George. I think that has to be one of my absolute favorites of Rowlf.

Brinatello

Reaction score
A favorite moment? That's a tough one. Well, I know I really love when he sings "What a Wonderful World" to a puppy. The song itself makes me cry and seeing it that way only brings on the tears faster! Oh, and I also love when he and Fozzie are both playing on the piano. That's so classic.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I love when he's singing to the puppy too.
I also love the song when he's sing about all of nature's sounds & at the end he sings,"That's the time to stuff cotton in your ears!":smile:

Pianodog

Reaction score
I know about Rowlf singing to the puppy, but haven't seen it since I was kid, so I really don't remember it at all well. Considering how good the song itself is and how much I like Rowlf, I do hope that they won't cut it from the Season 2 release.

Pianodog.