Favourite Rowlf Moments?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
One of my favorites was his playing piano for Piggy and Foo-Foo's dog act. The interaction between he and Piggy was great.

Piggy: Would everyone like to see Foo-Foo dance?
(complete silence from the audience)
Rowlf: It's unanimous!!!!

Also one of my favorite Vet's hospital sketches was the one with Kermit. Rowlf was on fire during that sketch.

Piggy: I may be a nurse, but I'm a woman first.
Rowlf(Dr. Bob): Wrong. You're a pig first. Nurse, second. I don't think woman made the top ten.

Piggy: Kermy, I will never leave your side until you have taken your last breath. (to Dr. Bob) Do you think he heard me?
Dr. Bob: He must have. His pulse has stopped.

And of course, some of the songs he played, like "I'd Never Hard an Onion" and "You & I & George" were great.

There's lots more but those come off the top of my head.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well out of my season one DVD set my favourite Rowlf moment is when he stars as Sherlock Holmes in The Case of the Disappearing Clues.

Pianodog

Reaction score
The Sherlock Holmes bit is fun, and I have a thing for Baskerville as well. "Dog Eat Dog" is great. Funny, in real life I'm more of a cat person ...

Pianodog.

Elchippo

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
Well, I know I really love when he sings "What a Wonderful World" to a puppy.
without a doubt, this is Rowlf's best moment of ALL TIME and I WILL fight anyone who disagrees.
In case those unaware didn't know, its on the season two Don Knotts episode, which I happen to have still taped froma Nick Jr. broadcast from about ten years ago until Season two comes out this fall!

Pianodog

Reaction score
Elchippo said:
without a doubt, this is Rowlf's best moment of ALL TIME and I WILL fight anyone who disagrees.
In case those unaware didn't know, its on the season two Don Knotts episode, which I happen to have still taped froma Nick Jr. broadcast from about ten years ago until Season two comes out this fall!
No need for a fight, I'll take your word for it, and hope that Season 2 will be available soooooon (Rowlf-like howl).

Pianodog.

Brinatello

Reaction score
The kennel scene with Mr. Skeffington (James Coco) in TMTM was degrading to poor Rowlf, but I still chuckled through it. :wink:

Pianodog

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
The kennel scene with Mr. Skeffington (James Coco) in TMTM was degrading to poor Rowlf, but I still chuckled through it. :wink:
James Coco was very funny in that scene, but I did feel for old Rowlf! :sympathy:

On the "Funniest Sam moments" thread I mentioned the "*** willow" song featuring Sam and Rowlf. It's really Sam's skit, but since Rowlf is in it too, I thought I'd add to this thread as well.

Pianodog.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Oh, yeah! Rowlf was the piano accompaniment for Sam. That was a good one, too!

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
There's a little moment int eh UK skit of the Roger Moore episode, where Rowlf is in the band, playing a wild version of "How high the Moon". At one point, Rowlf has three chords to play durring Animal's drum solo. The first chord, he plays the keys normally. Second chord, he does his signature cross-over paw move. third chord....
He BANGS HIS HEAD on the keys with a big smile on his face.

Classic Rowlf.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I love when he's singing to the puppy too.
I also love the song when he's sing about all of nature's sounds & at the end he sings,"That's the time to stuff cotton in your ears!":smile:
I agree "When" is my favorite one of his songs. I also like the one where a Muppet Monster asks him if he knows "Tea For Two" and he says he knows it sdrawkcab dna sdeecorp ot gnis ti taht yaw.