Fear Factor

Beauregard

Reaction score
I saw a tiny clip of this in VMC, so can you tell me what it is? What is th average content of it? Etc...

dmx10101

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I saw a tiny clip of this in VMC, so can you tell me what it is? What is th average content of it? Etc...
You don't know what fear factor is? Oh boy, I watch it every week, It's a very..uh interesting show. They eat animal parts like reindeer testicles, and they have to do stunts that involve heights, water, driving etc. Six contestants each episode one wins $50,000.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sounds, um, nice!

Can you give an example of an average weeks show?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
it comes on monday nights on nbc, if you have nbc. if you go to www.nbc.com i'm sure you can look up fear factor to find out more. or just do a yahoo search on it.

ryan

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
one question, ARE YOU FROM THE US?! if you are, how could you have missed all the stupid commercials? (well, unless your like me and got sick of all the stupid "reality" shows, and just gave up on tv...) I dont know if other countrys are as big on reality tv shows, but here in the us, it seems like thats all there is. Survivor, The Mole, The Batchlor, The Batchlorett (sp, I know too lazy to look it up), queer eye for a strait guy, trading spaces, while you were out, the apprentice, my big fat obnoxious fiance (that has not started, but looks funny), it goes on FOREVER. but Fear factor has got to be one of the weirdest.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
You dont know how luck you are... really. American Television is EVIL (well it is now)

Beebers

Reaction score
I'll show my age here, (for the millionth time on this forum), by saying that these shows are in what I call The Desperation Department. Desperate "contestants" desperate to be seen, to win, to gain an agent, to be known for ten seconds. Desperate producers selling desperate studios on desperate concepts. Desperate viewers eating up the desperation and churning up advertising dollars, which is the single most driving force in television. They're after your purchase power in the store, I don't know why people forget that.
There's an idea many of us were raised on, a good idea, that you didn't compromise yourself or your soul for the dollar, whether that dollar arrives fast or slow.
Would anyone I know have eaten buckets of worms for money/fame? Yeah, a couple. Most, no. I was a hippie, we thought we'd do anything. But not like what people are doing now. I'm sure I'll start some kind of argument here and I don't want to, but people of my age see the ways in which young people rampantly compromise their integrity publicly and privately while seeing nothing wrong about it. The little voice in the head that would say, No, uncool, speaks less and less.
Now, T.V. overall is phenomenally better than in the '70s, I can assure you. Never was there so much drivel on the airwaves as then. Today, nobody has to watch the junk, there are so many cool things on. Nobody today has to watch junk, it's a choice.

:cool:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Average content? Gross...

Sorry, I don't like so called "reality" television. It's the lowest form of entertainment, and, unfortunately, the highest profiting.

American Idol and Star Search are ok... better than any of the other reality television programs anyway.

But, the producers of these shows are making millions off of what may cost them maybe 2000 dollars to make... money for the set, money for the host, money for the winner, and that's it... Survivor doesn't even need money for a set... It's a get-rich-quick scheme, and one that sadly works.